“Good food and good price in Dupont Circle” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #219 of 2,498 Restaurants in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian
Ellicott city, md
“Good food and good price in Dupont Circle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

ShopHouse is one of my favorite lunch spot in Dupont area. It is fast and the quality and quantity is good for the price. I have tried the rice with tofu/chicken and meatball with different sauces. You can also also them to give you half and half of the ingredients if you can't make up your mind between the protein choices. Oh, some sauce is spicier than the other. Make sure to ask the staffs there.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Monica, California, United States
“For a quick healthy meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

While it is true that this is an assembly line type service, I went here on numerous occasions while staying on an extended business trip. Many nights I just wanted some quick and good and different. This fit the bill. Very friendly place. I guess I was a little put off by the extra $1 for an extra ladle of sauce.... but it didn't stop me from many repeat visits. They do offer brown rice and cold noodles in addition to white Jasmine.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northville, Michigan
“Asian version of Chipolte.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Similar warehouse-type atmosphere as Chipotle Mexican, you move along a line selecting rice or noodles, meat or tofu, vegetables and mix-ins/spices/seasonings. The staff was pleasant and helpful, offering suggestions and explaining when necessary. I had the beef my spouse the meatballs and we both liked the meatballs best. Tender and flavorful, the spices had heat without being oppressive. Hope ShopHouse comes to our city!

Visited November 2012
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Like Chipotle, only Asian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended by the staff at the Embassy Row hotel, and once I had lunch here I thanked them for an excellent recommendation. As a loyal Chipotle fan, I felt like I had just entered my favorite Chopotle down the street, only I was greeted by different aromas. The format is the same as you go down the line selecting what type of noodles or rice, meat, veggies and spices you would like combined in a bowel. There are plenty of healthy and naturally raised options, although you don't feel like you are making any sacrifices when you taste the meal. I will definitely be back next time I'm in DC!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“When they say spicy - be warned!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great healthy fast food. The boys (and gals) behind the counter are fast and friendly, the whole place has an enviro friendly vibe, and the clientele is mixed and varied. I ended up sharing a table with 4 other strangers and we had a great chat over our meals.

This is southeast asian southern american comfort food fusion - and it works! The chicken satay and the meatballs are super tasty. But they have their curries around the wrong way - green is mild spicy and red is fire alarm hot. Still, they warn you!

Try the organic ginger ale with pomegranate, it really works with the delicious fusion.

Visited August 2012