“Perfect Party House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swann House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Swann House
1808 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Upper Northwest)   |
Ranked #7 of 50 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Annapolis
“Perfect Party House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I must say that our stay at The Swann House was one of the most memorable and special weekends that I can remember.
Not only is the staff there to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, they are friendly and attentive to all details.
These are some of the best rooms that DC has to offer!

Stayed August 2008

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

My wife and I are from Australia. We stayed at Swann House over two seperate periods during June. In between we travelled out of Washington and left a large part of our luggage with them. We found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. The room we had was a little small and perhaps a bit too crowded with furniture but very well kept and comfortable. During our stay temperatures in Washington were in the 90's and thankfully the rooms airconditioning coped very well. We would recommend Swann House as a good place to stay.

• Liked — Very clean, well maintained, lovely 19th century house in a very good location
  • Disliked — A lot of stairs to climb after a long day sightseeing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Providence, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

The Swann House is a nice treat. GREAT service; charming, comfortable decor; excellent breakfast; and quaint neighborhood with easy access to public transit. My husband and I loved the Shanghai'daway because it was tucked away from it all (but if you can't live without a window, you might want to choose one of their other lovely rooms). If you like B&Bs you are very likely to love the Swann House.

• Liked — Location was a little off the beaten path, and full hearty homemade breakfast was a bonus!
  • Disliked — Would have been nice to see more people our age
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
havertown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Swann House in Washington, D.C. It was pure perfection!!!! The innkeepers were extremely accomodating, with exceptional, friend ly service. They always seemed genuinely interested in helping with recommendations, directions or whatever was needed. The appointments in the house were lovely. The location was great. It was 4 blocks from the metro in a safe, lovely neighborhood. Having a parking space added to the convenience. We never had to drive anywhere. We can't wait to return.

Stayed March 2008
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

The Swann House is one of our all-time favorite B&Bs in the country (we always seek them out when traveling), and not just because we got married there. When my wife and I wanted to plan a very small wedding in DC, we both immediately thought of the Swann House. We wanted a very special, memorable place for our guests to call home for the weekend. This absolutely gorgeous, lovingly restored, 19th century mansion turned out to be the perfect choice. The layout was perfect: we had the ceremony in the spacious living room and a sit-down dinner across the hall in the elegant dining room.

Best of all, we and our guests stayed right on the premises in comfortable, creative rooms ranging from the delightfully cozy all the way to the impressively grand suite with a bathroom in the turret showcasing an old-fashioned, claw-footed tub (we took the suite, of course, for ourselves!). Throughout the weekend, everyone found favorite little spots for just hanging out – from various balconies and sitting rooms to the backyard pool/courtyard.

The friendly and flexible staff was incredibly helpful with wedding planning and local restaurants and proved to be perfect hosts throughout the whole weekend. Our out-of-town guests liked feeling part of one of DC's signature neighborhoods – Dupont Circle (and nearby Kalorama), which is full of historic homes, many restaurants and shops, and a lively nightlife – while staying in a quiet residential area.

For many of the same reasons, Swann House is a perfect place to stay in DC. Plus, it has competitive prices and all the modern amenities, but with real flair and inviting charm.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

Bravo to the staff at the Swann House. This will be my new home-away-from-home when I'm in DC on business. The cookies were great. The green tea delicious. The help in finding good dining and my way around town was spot-on. The mid-week continental breakfast was WONDERFUL. Travelers should consider this place first before any hotel in the city. Only a few blocks from the DuPont Circle metro.

Stayed February 2008
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

I know my review is late because I was at the swann house on October 2006, but I want to tell how wonderful was my experience there. I went to this B&B with my boyfriend for 5 nights, we were downstairs, with a privat entrance, and I have to say that was extremly quiet, also because the neighbourhood is very quiet. Close to the B&B there are several reastaurants, and the metro station is about 5-10 min from the Swann House
The B&B is very well manteined, and the staff was friendly and helpful!So thank you guys!!!To make an example my boyfriend wanted to go to an original American Army store (we are Italians, but he is fascinated by American Army) and the staff gave us the address in New York (our next stop in the trip) where to find it!The B&B is as a freind home where to spend some days!Our room was wonderful, it had a savana theme, with a separated living-room, a master bed-room, a second bed-room and the bath-room between the two bed-rooms. There was also a fireplace, but I don't know if it's working, but it also gives an atmosphere to the room.
In the afternoon it was also served wine, cheese, or bisquits.
I'm sorry that may scholastic English don't let me to express how wonderful was my permanence at the Swann House, how friendly and perfect was the staff, but I truly recomand this B&B to everybody woluld like to stay in a big city feeling as staying at their own home!

• Liked — Friendly staff, wonderful room, nice neighbourhood
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Swann House? Share your experiences!