“Perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swann House

You added Swann House to your Saves list
Swann House
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   1808 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #5 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Have just had 3 nights at Swann House and had a super time. The room (Jennifer Green) was spacious and extremely comfortable with a lovely deck...sadly the present heat wave meant it was impossible to use. However the pool was very welcome and little touches like the pool towels really appreciated. Mary is a great character and it really is like staying with friends. Nothing is too much trouble but the whole team do a great job. Isobel also deserves a mention for delicious breakfasts. The position of Swann House is also great...very peaceful but easy walking to nice bars and restaurants. Having travelled across the States for 7 weeks we have sampled a lot of inns and hotels...stay here you will not be disappointed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
swannhouse, Owner at Swann House, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We absolutely loved having you visit us at Swann House. You kept us all entertained and you two delighted everyone at breakfast with tales of your wonderful travels and, of course, that British humour that we Americans adore. We were quite sad to see you go and hope you have recovered from your holiday. We would love to see you all again!

Best regards,
Mary and the Swann House staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

For the past several years, whenever I go to DC for work I have been fortunate enough to stay at the Swann House. The staff are always friendly and helpful. They always make me feel at home. Breakfast is always good. I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences there. It's a welcoming and relaxing place to stay. And in a great location!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the swann for years and am always extremely pleased. My business travel on this particular occassion was unforeseen as was the duration of my stay. Mary and her team made me feel right at home, accommodating me with no notice and ensuring that every detail was attended to. The pool was an exceptional treat to have right in the middle of the city. And the location perfect for the 4th, right down to isabels holiday decor. Ashlie, Anna and the whole team took care of my every need. Even helping out with my laundry as I was traveling with too few clothes given my unplanned trip. An elegant option with friendly and unassuming service. Best place in dc!!

• Stayed July 2013
swannhouse, Owner at Swann House, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We loved having you and your son with us and hope you will visit us again. All the best to your lovely family.

Mary and the Swann House Staff
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent three very enjoyable nights here in the Lighthouse Room. Very peaceful location away from the crowds but walking distance to metro as bars etc.

Small swimming ball out back was a welcome relief from the heat and great way to chill out in afternoon along with home made lemonade.

If you want somewhere to feel instantly at home and relax this is the place.

• Stayed July 2013
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Swann House was just what I needed, to recharge and relax. I found it well situated and enjoyed the beautiful neighborhood. Breakfast was more than enough and the afternoon treats a real joy. My taste buds were well pleased with everything. I did not find it overpriced, as I considered what I had to pay for a really poor hotel in Manhattan at the same time. I would recommend Swann House, but would suggest that they make an effort to serve breakfast a bit earlier for the early traveler, as I had to make do without breakfast on the day of departure, which was rather disappointing. Over all, it is a beautiful little B&B and I enjoyed my stay there. I found the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent 3 nights in The Lighthouse room. The room was small, but comfortable. The hubby wasn't too thrilled with the tiny (computer monitor sized) TV, but there was enough room for the small amount of time we actually spent in the room. The bathroom was a nice size, however, getting hot water in the shower and sink proved to be a bit of a challenge. (the shower does have instructions, which I didn't notice at first) :)
The staff was helpful and Natalie was great each morning running the breakfast for the guests as well as taking care of other duties. The food was good and served for a long enough period of time, that we didn't have to rush down in the mornings.
The pool was small, but clean and was perfect for cooling off after a long day of walking the city. The location was great for us, since we were visiting our son who lives in the neighborhood, but it is also a safe neighborhood, close to the metro and many interesting restaurants.
On thing about the Lighthouse Room... it is VERY bright in the mornings, luckily we always bring eyemasks, the room is in the turret, so it has 4 big windows that light up the room!
Overall, we had great service and a very relaxing stay at Swann House.

Room Tip: Lighthouse Room gets very bright in the mornings.