“Wonderful Vietnamese” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Nottingham, New Hampshire
“Wonderful Vietnamese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Good Vietnamese -- not too expensive. Must try the garden rolls -- they are excellent, and the bun really hot the spot for me. I have had tastier/spicier fish sauce, but was able to spice it up myself with the plum and hot pepper sauces they brought to the table, so all in all, good. Please take note that as with much pho, the portions are large. Consider sharing if you're not too hungry.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rhode Island
“Great Vietnamese food in Chinatown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Pho DC is located between the Fairfield Inn & Suites on H St and the Chinatown metro stop, and we walked past it multiple times on a recent trip before deciding to give it a try. The Bo Bun Hue is wonderful! I've had spicier versions but none more flavorful. My daughter and a friend enjoyed the Pho, and my son raved about the Hu Tieu Ga. None of us could finish the entire bowl. As a previous reviewer pointed out, larger portions of meat are included than typical with nice, lean cuts. The staff was welcoming, and our waitress was very attentive. As far as other comments about being expensive for Vietnamese food, it was the first time I've ever paid over $10 a bowl for Vietnamese noodle soup, but meals in Washington DC tend to cost more than elsewhere, and we paid slightly more for mediocre food at a neighboring Chinese restaurant on the following evening.

• Visited April 2013
Montgomery, Alabama
“Pho that hits the mark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Pho is outstanding. We've had it twice and it was spot-on both times. They also do a great happy hour with very reasonably priced and tasty appetizers. This is a great place to hit before you head to a game at the Verizon Center.

Princeton, New Jersey, United States
“Decent Pho in the heart of DC China Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was in DC recently for a mini vacation. I LOVE Pho and was spoiled living in Houston, TX for so many years where Vietnamese Noodle houses are EVERYWHERE. After moving out of Houston in 2009 one of the things I miss most is easy access to Pho. NJ just doesn't get it. :) So when in DC, I made my way to China Town and what do I find...Pho DC! Of course I had to stop in and get a bowl. I have to say it was pretty good. I ordered mine with tofu. They brought it out pretty fast and I enjoyed it immensley! It even had brocolli florets in it. I actually felt like I was eating healthy again. They brought out the sri racha and hoisin in little square "bowls" and I used pretty much all of it. I like mine spicy! Definitely will go back on my next visit to DC. One thing I will note is that it didn't seem to be handicapped accessible as you have to climb some stairs in order to get to the restaurant and there are more stairs inside leading to the bathrooms and other places. They may have handicap access available somewhere else, but from the front, no.

Hughesville, Maryland
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was craving chicken pho. So I decided to give it a try. It was just ok. The broth was missing the cinnamon or clove spice that I have had at other places. It wasn't my favorite but for convenience when in DC I would go bak again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food