“The triple play” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 F Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
B&B in the City
Ranked #26 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“The triple play”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Friendly staff, comfortable well-appointed room, convenient location. Super happy with my stay. Another great Kimpton experience. Will be back. One suggestion: the HVAC fans are louder than they should be. I vote to put them on the upgrade list.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GM1004, General Manager at Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Your suggestion is duly noted Seattlekat1, we'll put the fans on the list - thank you for the great review - hope to see you again soon!
Ed - Monaco DC GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Been to DC a few times for both business and pleasure. This is the first time I've stayed at the Monaco and from now on it's THE hotel I would choose. I love the history of the building, the bar has a great young vibe, the restaurant food is good. My room was very large and clean, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Can't beat the location. In fact, I'm so hooked on this brand that I've chosen to stay at the Monaco in San Francisco when I'm there in a few weeks.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
We love that Kimpton Monaco loyalty Susiega, make sure you're signed up for Kimpton Karma Rewards before your SF trip! We love being your hotel in DC - come back soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This was my first trip to Washington D.C..My boyfriend and I came here for vacation and to see a little history from August 17-21, 2014. We booked this hotel through hotwire for $130 a night and have no idea what to expect. We took transit from Reagan Airport, I recommend buying the $10 card from the machine it paid for 2 round trips, from the airport and to a baseball game. Transit was really easy to use and when we came up from the subway station the Monaco was directly across the street. Upon arrival the concierge was fabulous. She gave us a room on the 3rd floor and was really helpful, she even looked up gluten free restaurants for me. While checking in a plate of fresh cookies was dropped off so anyone could have a snack. The room was really nice, clean and we had a king sized bed and the ceilings were like 18ft. This hotel has so much character with a modern decor. The mini bar is stocked and you get $10 to raid it. This hotel is central to everything you could want to see and has many restaurants and stores close by we walked to everything except the baseball game. That being said bring some comfortable shoes as there are so many things to see. All the smithsonian museums are free and so are all the historical buildings. This hotel was great as after a day of sightseeing the hotel offers a free wine hour in the lobby, they also had beer and non alcoholic drinks and some snacks. I've never seen this before. They also had bicycles to use for free if you wanted to take them out for a spin instead of walking. Included in our stay we also received breakfast coupons for every morning. You could get a crossaint, bagel or muffin, coffee, juice and fresh fruit for free or use it as $7 towards another hot breakfast. The food at the hotel is really good but a bit pricey. We also found the free wifi very easy to use. Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Monaco and would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Upper floors were nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Looks like you took advantage of all the local sites Fringe101 - many thanks for the tips and great review! Next time, be sure to add Poste Brasserie and our new Executive Chef Kyoo Eom to the list, the French Onion Soup is not to be missed! (Really!)
Best
Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The service was absolutely awesome, I can't stress that enough!!! My husband, myself and our 8 yr old son spent 2 night and 3 days altogether. From the moment we pulled up the valet, the doorman the front desk were fabulous! Took our car immediately, helped with the bags from the car to our room providing information on our surrounding sights as we went. The front desk manager on duty, Thomas went above and beyond! Had snacks and cookies brought to the room and got me a glass of wine even though we just missed the wine hour upon check-in.
I only have 2 issues to share, neither of which would impede us from returning. The first is the restaurant - which was nice but the menu is not very family friendly. I understand the area may call for a certain type of restaurant but there should be some sort of alternative menu options for families, especially children. My second issue would be the bathroom. It was clean and functional no doubt however the finishes don't seem match the caliber of the room finishes or the hotel finishes either.
Again a wonderful, gorgeous and nicely located hotel. The service alone will have us return!!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the upgrade wait list - when we arrived a suite was available and it was huge and...
Green Features: The environmental policies are thoughtful and easy.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Really loved the location right in the heart of DC! Thaxton and Abby at the front desk were wonderful, a real treat when you arrive. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to go to a Wizards/Capitals game as the arena is directly across the street.

• Stayed August 2014
Thanks for recognizing the staff TomMelTrip, they really are where the magic happens at Monaco DC as you know. Be sure to look out for our Caps Package, which includes a room and Acela Club level tickets to a Capitals game - it's the best deal in town (we have Wizards too!)
Until next time,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

From the moment we stepped into the lobby, we were made to feel at home at the great hotel. The room exceeded my expectations too and the location is just great. I am looking forward to coming back again!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the lovely review Gavin B. That's about all I can hope for, is that we made you feel at home. Come back again soon please.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stay at the Monaco about twice a year when traveling for business. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. The rooms are small but very comfortable. Morning coffee service and afternoon cocktail hour are welcome amenities. The exercise room is small but open 24 hrs/day. The location is near the metro so there is easy to access to the hotel from National Airport.
During my latest visit I arrived late Sunday evening and ordered a sandwich from room service. Unfortunately, the sandwich sat too long and the roll was soggy and the fries were lukewarm, disappointing and expensive.
I highly recommend Monaco for the business traveler.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!