I stayed a few nights in this hotel this week, and thought the staff was exceptionally friendly, even by Kimpton standards. From the check-in to wine hour, to hunting something down in the middle of the night, every one I encountered was genuinely warm, and actively sought to make our stay a good one. The building is gorgeous -- the original US Post office and then the Tariff Building. They've done a gorgeous renovation that honors the historic architecture while keeping the "look" they're known for. My favorite of the Monacos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel’s exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the bustling Poste Moderne Brasserie, Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc