“Monaco is the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 F Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
3rd Suite Night Free!
Ranked #30 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
“Monaco is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We just returned from a 7 night stay. Shortly before arriving the hotel contacted me to ask if there was anything special we needed. I should note that I am a Kimpton in touch member, but I am not a regular guest.

I mentioned that my husband and I were making this trip, in part, to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversary. Upon entering our room, we found rosepetals decorating the room, a bottle of chilled champagne and two delicious cupcakes.

This hotel is not only beautiful, but the staff exceeded all expectations. Needless to say we had wonderful stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM1004, General Manager at Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Glad you had a happy anniversary with us Esta S! Let us know when 43 rolls around - we love encore performances!
Ed - Monaco DC GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I want to take this opportunity to commend that there were 2 personnel in the hotel to make my stay memorable; the first one was Manuel, the maintenance man in the hotel when my toilet wasn't working well, he came right away, fixed the problem and even vacuumed the area when he was done; the second one was the young man on Friday (11/22/13)evening when the evening wine tasting was almost over, from 5-7pm, I asked for a diet Pepsi and there were none at hand, the young man was there cleaning up the wine bottles, he asked me to wait and went right into the kitchen and fetched me a diet Pepsi; both young men behaved in a professional and courteous manners that made my stay from good to great. It is the extra things these two young men did that I will definitely recommend Monaco Hotel to anyone I know.

Room Tip: I would like to have a room face the main street instead the parking garages.
Green Features: They have a bicycle in the lobby for anyone to use
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GM1004, General Manager at Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Mabel_amar - you hit the nail right on the head - it's the team that makes all the difference (though a great location helps!) - in fact Manuel has been recently promoted - due in no small part to many of the great things you recognized. I appreciate your stay, and the kind words. Travel safe, come back again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nice folks, rooms feel very grand and the folks everywhere from front desk to room service were all really great. Would stay here again!! The location can't be beat if you're going to a concert at the verizon center.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
I'm glad you enjoyed it so much Anon5552013, we'd love to have you back for another concert - or we also have Capitals and Wizards packages available if you'd like to catch those Rangers out of town! Come back again soon,
Glenwood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great stay. Couldn't ask for a better location. Located around the corner for Verizon Center and nice mall with Clydes restaurant. Quiet room with great décor. Helpful staff. Good food. Central to DC attractions. Two blocks from the Newseum.

Room Tip: Lower level quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Location location location as they say Jjmoskowitz, I'm glad ours worked so very well for your stay. We appreciate the kind words, hope you're able to come back and relax soon!
Best
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

First, I have to say, this experience completely made up for my previous week on a SAILING TRIP FROM HELL! I've been meaning to post a review, but am still too wiped out to think about it... but onto the KIMPTON!!

We had originally booked a queen room, no frills, for a hotel close to the Pink concert with my 12 year old son and his friend. As a Kimpton follower, I wanted to experience the Monaco. Couldn't have been a better experience! We checked in, went to our room, realized our room was way too small to fit a rollaway, so the hotel insisted upon upgrading us to a king suite. I was heading to the Tesla shop to charge my car (this was a maiden voyage to something further than my son's school!) and was delighted they were nice enough to keep the car overnight, which meant no valet parking fees.... Kimpton Hotel Monaco does not offer charging for electric cars, unlike other Kimpton Hotels, so this was a plus. Once I returned to Monaco, I had found the wonderful young man at the front desk had upgraded us to a Monaco Suite. Beautiful! Tall ceilings, comfortable beds, plenty of room for the kids to run around, though, they were more inclined to lie around playing their iPods and watching tv, which is great for kids who don't have tv at home and are too busy doing school work all week (that's my PC plug, albeit true).

The only slightly, faintly negative is the room service food was a bit too rich and served too cool to be tasty, but, this is the type of food to be eaten at the restaurant, so I shouldn't really fault them for this. However, in their defense, I called them and told them I was sending kid's down with a plate that needed to be warmed and they were happy to oblige. Even offering to send someone to come and retrieve the dish, but I wanted a way to get the kids to run around and explore on their own. We had both a dinner snack and breakfast.

I LOVE Kimpton Hotels, and try to chose them over othere hotels in the area when in the area where they are offered. I often miss their happy hour, but this time was able to participate. This is the most comforting, wonderful hotel group! I have forsaken Ritz Carlton and Four Season Hotels everywhere in favor of Kimpton Hotels. They offer a more homey feeling and you feel a sense of surprise whenever you enter a room. You don't know what you'll get with the decor, but always delightfully contemporary and refreshing. Kimpton is definitely my home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wow Reneraven, a Pink concert, Tesla car, and sailing trip... You've been busy! It does highlight the location that has it all! Many thanks for the kind review - we look forward to your next shakedown cruise - give us a call!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

...small (but handsome) rooms, and lovely public spaces. I wish the room lighting was better; otherwise, I have absolutely no complaints. The National Portrait Gallery, right across the street, is my favorite Washington museum.

• Stayed November 2013
We're glad you loved our location as much as we do (and the National Portrait Gallery!) Daniel O, please come see us again soon!
Best
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Elton John performed on 14 Nov at Verizon Center in DC. As a birthday present for my favorite female we got tickets to the Elton John concert and stayed at the Monaco across the street. There are several hotel options in the area but the Monaco offered what look like the best opportunity for a 5-star hotel experience and that it was !!

When the folks at the front desk learned that we were attended the concert we found a 4x6 glossy of Elton John in a card signed by the hotel staff, Elton John sunglasses and two cans of diet coke and two glasses of 2% milk (a requirement by Elton John wherever he stays)

There literally is NOTHING the staff could have done any better than what they did.

A fabulous experience !!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are well worth the money !
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Well Earl B, I don't even know what to say about that! Monaco and Elton John... that about says it all. I'm grateful to hear your your praise of the team - hopefully we get to host you for another historic event!