So when you check in it appears very nice. Nice people at the front desk are very nice, free wine in the lobby at 5 pm. And so on. But after that it is down hill. I have stayed at the hotel 3 times now on business and will never stay here again. The first time I was put in a basement room that smelled of stale kitchen grease (the restaurant is on the street level) The second time I asked for a room on a higher level. I was given a nice room on the fourth floor but when I returned from dinner there was a group of drunk men in the room next door. I found out that they had rented the room next door out as meeting space, they only had the room until 5:30 according to the front desk but when I complained about the noise the front desk asked me to move rooms at 10:30 at night! Why not move the loud drunk group next door who did not have access at that time of night? The third time I checked into the hotel I asked for foam pillows. They not only took my pillows but the comforter and everything else and left me with a nasty blanket with no top sheet covering it. When they left me a down comforter with not cover. they don't get customer service and obviously don't know how to train their people or their managers. For almost $400 a night you would expect more. The night manager mad excuses instead of fixing the problem. Don't stay here. You will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel’s exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the bustling Poste Moderne Brasserie, Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc