Just back at the Monaco again. There's so much to like about this quirky boutique hotel. It's just off-center enough, and in all the right ways. (Given that it's DC, you can choose if it's off to the left or right.) I love the 4th floor - when you look up at your ceiling, it's giant, full of cool moldings and arc shapes. The stairs (who needs an elevator here) are gorgeous with in laid marble you don'd see any more. So many details to appreciate. The service is great, although the staff has changed recently and I miss some of the old faces. Coffee time in the morning and wine hour in the afternoons are friendly and warm. Great location, too. This hotel is a real gem in a city of average hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel’s exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the bustling Poste Moderne Brasserie, Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc