This hotel is definitively a Kimpton. The decor is fun and it has all the trimmings of a boutique hotel. The location is fantastic. Several blocks away from the White House and across the street from the Spy Museum and the Verizon Center. Like most Kimptons this hotel is pet friendly. DC is a great town for walking around with a dog so being able to travel with your dog and stay in such a nice hotel is a real treat. The rooms can be on the small side. I opted for a step up from the standard room to have a little more space. The only negative about my stay was brunch at the hotel restaurant, Poste. It's a bit on the pricey side which I don't mind as long as the food and service are good. In this case the food was substandard and the service was lacking. There are many fabulous restaurants in DC, I would recommend avoiding Poste. Other than that, the Monaco is a great hotel and I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in downtown DC.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel’s exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the bustling Poste Moderne Brasserie, Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, HotelsClick, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.