My husband and I recently stayed a night at the Monaco Hotel. It is a beautiful hotel. We loved the old and new feeling. The rooms were small but fine.. it is a city hotel so we knew it would be on the small side.
The staff was very nice, and helpful. The hotel is in walking distance to the mall, and the bus and metro system is basically across the street.
The only bad part of the hotel is the beds. I thought they were super hard, my husband said they were not too bad... but in the morning he changed his mind.
I am not sure if i would stay here again because of that.... I would probably stay somewhere else.
But if you are a fan of super firm mattresses this is your place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel’s exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the bustling Poste Moderne Brasserie, Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc