I'm really not one to write whiny hotel reviews, but I was horrified by the Hotel Monaco. My room was literally in the basement with two very tiny windows way above my head that let in no light. The smell of mildew was overpowering and an enormous cockroach joined me for my shower. There was a problem with the internet that took 20 or so minutes to resolve. I had to slam my body against the door in order to get it to lock. And I ordered room service, which took twice as long to come as the time they told me and the food arrived cold (my special order grilled cheese as they informed me they had positively nothing on their menu they could offer a vegetarian). All and all, incredibly disappointing. I stayed at the Westin the next night. Much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel’s exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the bustling Poste Moderne Brasserie, Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc