“Great accommodations for our family trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Remington Executive Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Remington Executive Suites
601 24th Street, N.W., #102, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Columbus, Ohio
“Great accommodations for our family trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family of four stayed here April 1-5, 2013. Our condo was clean and quiet, with a decent kitchen. There was a little street noise but very moderate compared for an urban area. It was convenient to the Foggy Bottom Metro station and close enough to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods that we could shop and eat in. Our washer didn't work, and Rosemary and Barbara were great about getting new units installed so we could do laundry. The accommodations cost less than a hotel room and made our stay much more pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Remington provides a wonderful respite from a busy day of walking and exploring Washington DC and environs - and it's NOT a hotel room! For such a reasonable price, you get a whole apartment, complete with separate bedroom with its own TV, washer and dryer, dining area, comfy living room w/ TV, and complete kitchen! So nice to spread out in the same space each day, and to have access to that kitchen with full-sized frig, stove and coffee maker! The only negative we had was the comfort of the bed - hard and lumpy. I was told that if I had said something, maybe they could have done something. Ah, well.
The office folks are super friendly and informative; "Kenny" is the go-to after-hours and tech guy (and for general advice, like where to go for emergency care when my husband fell during his morning run!); the inside and outside premises are well-maintained. There is a community computer available for free in the lobby which we ended up needing for printing some documents. Wi-Fi connection was a little wobbly but generally worked well enough.
We thought the walking distances were a little further than suggested - very doable, but Foggy Bottom is distinct from Georgetown and is a bit of a hike - one route goes from "G" St. to "M" St. through construction, another takes you through an uninviting area of auto overpasses etc. There are a number of eating choices one block over and two blocks up - yes, we did grab dinner from the "hot" buffet at Whole Foods, as well as a basement GW University eating center only one block away. We enjoyed a drink at the "nice" restaurant/bar on the corner of "I" and 23rd (can't remember the name), "Roti" Mediterranean food by the Whole Foods, coffee, both at across-the-street-by-the-Watergate at Cup'a Cup'a as well as very cool "Baked and Wired" in Georgetown. Even went up to the "FoBoGro" (Foggy Bottom Grocery) a funky GW Uni min-grocery store, as well as the occasional CVS which seem to be everywhere.
The Foggy Bottom Metro is so convenient. And many busses very available - took one from across the street to head up Wisconsin Ave in Georgetown to Dumbarton Oaks. Also Walked - A LOT - 12 miles in day 1. So beautiful - and the Remington is pretty close to the Lincoln Memorial. So easy - just go down 23rd St, about 15 minutes. And it's beautiful just walking in the neighborhoods - nice to be there in April!
We recommend The Remington, have already recommended it to friends, and would not hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SeaTac, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here for nine days and it was a great location for
our trip to DC. The apartment was less than 5 minutes from the Metro,
which took us to anywhere we wanted to go to explore the Capital. There
were restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacies within blocks. The
condo itself was clean and comfortable with kitchen and laundry facilities.
All of the staff were cheerful and very helpful....we enjoyed staying in
our "Georgetown hood" and plan to return!

Stayed May 2013
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from six nights at The Remington to celebrate my 50th birthday. We were overall pleased with many aspects of staying here, and would like to thank Barbara, Rosemary, and Ken for making our visit most pleasant.

The building, lobby, and unit itself could use some updating, I won't lie to you. It reminded me of a converted student apartment building (perhaps because it's adjacent to the George Washington University campus), but it was absolutely fine for our needs. I really wanted to be able to spread out and not feel cramped in a hotel room without access to a kitchen and a washer/dryer, and I wanted to be in a nice area. The Remington accomplished both of these things. We really liked the secure building and the fact that everyone needed an electronically coded key to enter the lobby at all times of the day or night. It really felt like our little home away from home after just a short time.

Upon our arrival (it was late afternoon on a Saturday), I followed the easy instructions to get into the lobby where Ken greeted us with our documentation and keys. I mentioned we'd need to go out and get bottled water right away, and he was kind enough to get us some from their own storage to tide us over until we could make it to the market. Much appreciated, Ken!

We loved, loved, loved the Foggy Bottom location and being on the GWU campus. The metro is an easy couple of blocks away, and there is a Whole Foods one block from the metro, which we went to at least three times during our stay. We had no problem hailing a cab when we were in a hurry or going somewhere that didn't lend itself particularly well to using the metro. We also found the unit to be pretty quiet except for the sirens coming from emergency vehicles en route to GWU Hospital, which is right next to the metro. One easy fix for that, though, is to sleep with ear plugs, which we did. The sirens didn't bother me during the day too much -- I chalked it up to being in an urban environment.

Our unit (804) faced student housing, which I was initially concerned about, but it proved to be no problem (no loud parties or music). It might have been nice to face the other way and have the view of the Kennedy Center and Watergate, but I was happy to be up high and our neighbors were very quiet -- I never heard a sound from anyone else either above, below or next to us.

The only major glitch occurred when flowers delivered to me via UPS for my birthday (ProFlowers was used) were refused by the front office because they "didn't recognize the name on them". I had even called in advance and told them I was pretty certain my best friend would be sending flowers in a box, so please keep an eye out for them. I was assured they would get them and hold them for me in the office. Barbara was absolutely mortified and extremely apologetic when she discovered the mistake, but I still don't understand how it happened since the reservation was in my name and I had even pre-warned them that a delivery would be coming. As a result, my friend had them resent, so I got to enjoy them for a few hours rather than several days.

At the end of the day, we paid about $200 a night (once you factored in the taxes and the cleaning fee) during cherry blossom season for a place that met our expectations and provided us with a nicely-equipped apartment for our time in Washington D.C. If we ever get back to D.C., we will probably stay here again unless I win the lottery and we can pop for a week at The Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Might want to face the Kennedy Center/Watergate instead -- we faced GWU campus housing and the stree...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was in DC for 5 nights, and picked this apartment due to the price (less than most hotel rooms), free WiFi, and convenient location near George Washington University and Foggy Bottom Metro station. The apartment was large, very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is huge. There is a nice balcony, a dishwasher, a full-sized refrigerator, and all the usual amenities. The washer and dryer were a wonderful plus. Everything worked perfectly, and the staff were very helpful with suggestions for shopping. Trader Joe's is within walking distance. I will definitely stay here again when I am in DC. It is near the GWU hospital, though, so light sleepers might be bothered by the ambulance noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed in 3 different units. The first unit, 605, we occupied for one night. The second unit, we stayed for 5 nights before going to NY. The last unit, we stayed for 7 nights. In the second unit, the washing machine and dryer did not work properly. There was still detergent on the clothes after washing. The dryer barely dried our clothes. They were furnished with the same traditional furniture. The kitchen had a 4 burner range with oven, a microwave and a coffee maker. One burner did not work. The bathrooms are old but clean. The heating was not even throughout the unit. The bedroom could get too warm while it was cold outside in the living room. Though there was a modern thin led tv in the living room, the bedroom had a small,old fashioned tv. The beddings were comfortable in all 3 units. There was no hair dryer in the last unit, though there was one in the second unit.

This is an excellent location, just a few minute walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro station. However, if one can afford to pay more, one should look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Louisburg, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was wonderful having our our little apartment for the same price (or less) than a hotel room. The staff told us where we could find a grocery store so we could use our kitchen. The washer/dryer made packing easier. Didn't have to pay for extra suitcase. The building was just 3-4 blocks from the Metro Rail System stop. The Presidential monuments were all within walking distance, Watergate could be viewed off our balcony and Kennedy Center right next to it! The only draw back was that it was near the hospital and could hear ambulances in evening and nights but seemed to stop by midnight. I felt safe there.

Room Tip: Gym with pool located across the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Remington Executive Suites? Share your experiences!