“The Plan B Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
District Commons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Washington Circle near corner of 22nd St. and Penn. Ave.
Transit: District Commons is located two blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro on the Blue/Orange Lines , and is serviced by Metrobus and the Circulator.
Washington DC
“The Plan B Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Eh...

That's my overall feeling. I went for Sunday brunch with some enthusiasm because I had heard good things.

It's too big... and the service was poor despite numerous "I'm so sorry for the delay" and friendly comments by the staff. Apologies only get you so far... you're so sorry for the delay bring me a bloodly mary or send over a blueberry scone, will ya? If you make no gesture to compensate for understandable problems- cook calls in sick, waiters are short staffed, etc- then you aren't really sorry, you're just providing lip service.

The decor... eh. The menu... eh. The tables are too small and too close together. I hate having brunch with strangers. In Europe it's quaint and part of the bistro experience on Saint Germain... but in America I want American standards.

The price was OK. And it's close to my house... but eh... I won't go back.

Sorry.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A very busy weekday lunch stop. We had a late lunch and the crowd was leaving. Really enjoyed the crab cakes.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Location, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Food was excellent. Table was ready at the time of reservation. Ambiance was nice, conversation was easily heard, but the restaurant was not so quiet that you lost privacy. Highly recommend! And did I say the food was excellent? Yes, I did but it bears repeating.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great atmosphere. Actually quite a large restaurant by area standards. We opted to forgo a table, even though we had a reservation, and sit at the bar. Restaurant had no issue with our change in preference. Bartenders were friendly and attentive. Happy to talk to us. We munched our way through the menu rather than doing actual meals. Individual pizzas are quite large, can easily feed 2. Oyster shooters don't skimp on the alcohol at all. The only disappointing part of the meal was the chili. Texas style with large chunks of beef, no beans, a little bland by my taste. Within easy walking distance of Foggy Bottom metro and the Kennedy Center. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“good service and quality of food, but very noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ate here with a colleague on Tuesday evening. Nice menu, although fairly limited choice. Good service and quality of food. We had steak and duck--- both nicely done and presented. Very noisy and large open restaurant--- hard to discuss. Things settled down a bit after the happy hour rush ended, but it was still quite loud even at 21h00 when we left. Prices are on the high side.

• Visited February 2013