“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sofitel Washington DC to your Saves list
Sofitel Washington DC
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   806 15th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20005   |
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #7 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Great place to stay! Close to museums, monuments, etc. Very comfortable beds and great bar and restaurant.

1,993 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Selected this hotel after reading Tripadvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. At $263 (inc tax), I thought this was pricey but I liked the location. From my entrance into the hotel, I felt that the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My room was very spacious and well appointed. I had an excellent stay and I would stay here again.

Warlingham, Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for a week at the Sofitel in Jan. Great location, and the rooms where spacious and tidy.

Our outbound flights to DC were cancelled at very short notice due to snow in the UK, so we called the hotel to change our reservation dates. This was done with pleasure and they even held the special rates for the extra nights we stayed.

Concierge was knowledgeable. Only improvement would be free wifi in rooms, but there is free Internet access in the lobby which we took advantage of.

• Stayed January 2011
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I've traveled all over the world, and can honestly say The Sofitel is in my top 3 list for value for experience. The rooms are modern, the beds are comfortable, the food is as wonderful as you imagine French could be, and the staff could not have been nicer! I went alone with my 9 year old daughter, and everyone went out of their way to make sure she had the best D.C. experience ever, starting with cookies and milk and ending with a fantastic reservation for Italian food that rivaled any I have been to in NYC. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

This is a top-notch hotel. Our room was nicely sized and very clean. The staff goes above and beyond to take care of your needs. The check-in process was, I think, the fastest that I've ever been checked in to a hotel room. The valets took our bags at the car and brought them up to the room for us. We were given a tour of the room and the location/operation of every light switch, the menus, mini-bar, safe, iron, soap, bathrobe, etc was explained. The staff remembered us and greeted us by name for the duration of our stay.

We paid about $165 a night. I don't think you can get a better hotel for your money than The Sofitel.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We attended a family reunion in Virginia and decided to spend 1 night in DC. We chose the Sofitel because of it's location. It turned out to be a great choice. The rates in Jan were very reasonable for an elegant hotel within a couple of blocks of the Whitehouse. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. We appreciated the fitness center which was well equipped. Although we did not dine at the hotel, it did appear to offer good dining options. We would definitely stay there again.

Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

It's Academy time so I think it's only appropriate to title this accordingly. This is my first stay with Sofitel in DC. I typically wait until later in my stay to post my review but feel it's only fitting to go ahead and write this while it's still so fresh on my mind and I'm only here for two nights, unfortunately.

I was greeted at my cab by a hotel doorman who was very much a gentleman offering to take my bag but I only had the one bag so I did not need the assistance but he went out of his way to open the doors and greet me warmly.

But the winner for the "Best First Impression" of the year award goes to Kathleen who met me at the check in counter. She greeted me before I got to the counter offering her assistance. Her warm smile and greeting is not typical for most upscale hotels in DC. She quickly learned that this was my first stay with Sofitel DC and she said something to the effect of "I will make sure you have a wonderful first experience". Though I arrived very early (around 10:30 a.m.) she quickly looked at room options and "apologized" and said she only had lower level rooms (as if I had requested a higher level floor). It did not matter to me but she says "I've got this great corner room on 2nd floor. It's one of my favorite room layouts. There may be one drawback. It's close to the street so if street noise bothers you I need to find you something else." I assured her that with my ever present white noise machine the traffic would not be a problem. She said "If you walk in the room and if there's a whisper there will be a problem, you come back down immediately and I will take care of it!" She then offered to sign me up for their customer loyalty program. She said "If you have a business card, I will take care of it and you won't have to fill out a thing". She finished checking me in and then she proceeded to come around the check in desk to shake my hand, to welcome me to the hotel and to point out the business center, the lounge, and the restaurant. With that a bellman was standing next to her to offer to assist me to the room.

Upon entering the room, I quickly saw why Kathleen likes this floor plan. It's large with large windows all the around two walls. The foyer leads into a large room with dark grain wood finishings, soft colored walls, carpets, and draperies and multiple low and bright light sources that are unique to this hotel room. This room's marble bathroom is actually "around the corner" on the opposite side of the king bed, hidden and out of site of the sitting area. Though I am here on business I feel like I am at a nice spa hotel.

The hotel is great but what set it apart was the personal and sincere interest displayed by the hotel staff when I arrived, particularly by Kathleen. I hope the hotel will recognize her in some way for waht she does......it's not "fake".....I think she truly enjoys her job and it has really made my day! I will be back and I will be staying at the Sofitel DC again.

By the way.....the noisy corner room on 2nd floor.....I've been in here most of the afternoon and I promise it is the quietest room I have ever been in while in DC and I've stayed in hotels on very high floors with far more noise. And I haven't even turned my white noise machine on yet

Dr. E

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sofitel Washington DC? Share your experiences!