“Easter in DC” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Easter in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have stayed here before. Each time gets better. This is the most accommodating hotel we have stayed in .Over the past years of visits we have tried many. I doubt I will go anywhere else. The staff cannot do enough for you and the rooms are great ,so are the bathrooms and robes. Central to the metro and lots of sites to visit

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel in Washington D.C.! I certainly hope you continue to join us, and we will make sure you receive a warm welcome back when you return.

Anna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The room is great if a little dark as it faces the inner courtyard. Booked through eBookers in the UK and paid very little for the privilege of staying at the Sofitel. Room 833 has a huge bed, amazing bathroom and the lovely ladies who each evening delivered complimentary water bottles ensured our stay was most enjoyable. The concierge worthy of particular mention as they were able to supply museum passes that we couldn't arrange in UK before we left. From initial greeting to saying goodbye we were treated royally - have no idea of daily room rate but for what we paid we'd have been delighted with far less than we received. Last time in DC we stayed in Dupont Circle (Palomar) and found that good too... but Sofitel location trumps that! Would recommend this place without reservation.

• Stayed April 2013
Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our Concierge Team and Room Attendants. We have shared your feedback with them and I am happy they were able to take such good care of you. I hope we have now become your hotel of choice for your visits to Washington D.C. and that we will have you here again soon.

Jersey City, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

ditto - on the service, ditto- on the comfort/cleanliness of the room, ditto on the positive comments that numerous other guests listed, location, treats for kids, etc. Here is a list of the small things. We stayed in room 435, far end of the hall, with our 4 year old son. It was quiet on the interior of the "U', with not a lot of natural light. It had a king bed, enough space to move around comfortably and a nice long desk. The only noise at night was the sound of the heating coming on. There is ample closet and shelf space for our 3 night stay. The bathroom had a glass shelf above the sink perfect for toiletries/meds, out of reach from my son. I only hit the top of my head once while washing my face, ;-) My son is 44" tall and had a little trouble reaching the faucet. Room service came quickly, nightly turndown was spotty. Leave the bathroom light on as a night light for our son worked well. My only shock was parking. $43/night + $7 tax. We will definitely stay here again when we return to DC.

Room Tip: The interior of the U will definitely be quieter than the rooms along the road, that being said, The...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for including all of these details for Trip Advisor readers! I do like the layout of that superior king room, and we can do our best to accommodate requests for a higher floor if that is preferable. I hope you enjoyed the room service meal, and were able to take advantage of the children's menu for your son. As for parking options: We offer the convenience of 24/h in and out valet as you know. This makes is easy for guests to retrieve any items or the car itself at any time of day, and should you take it out, you can return without additional charges. There are two neighboring garages for slightly less that have limited hours and days of operation and charge each time you take the car. That said, they are an option should you know that you will not need your car at all throughout your visit, and that your stay correlates with the days and hours they are open. I look forward to welcoming your family back to D.C. soon and please do not hesitate to reach out in advance for assistance in planning your visit.

Montreal Quebec Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a 3 night long weekend in Washington's Sofitel Hotel. The location is fantastic for those who intend to walk all over but one block from the Metro for those aiming to take public transit. The room we had was a suite with a king bed. Very comfotable with down filled duvet. Employees are very nice and attentive to any needs that one may have. Concierge gave very good recommendations for evening dining.
Only wish the cherry blossoms would have been more in bloom.
merci beaucoup

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Merci à vous! I am happy to know you enjoyed your experience overall, from the room to the service and the location as well. The blossoms were a bit late this year, it is hard to gauge, but hopefully you can join us next year, and with any luck you will come during peak time!

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had a good sleep with the comfortable bed they have here in Sofitel. The service? hmm it's not really there for a 5-star. When i arrived in the Hotel, the hotel just let me drag my luggage by myself, no one offer me to help carrying my luggage. (even the bell boy, where are they? i think they see me. I hope i can be happier when i enter the room. But guess what, the room was surprisingly small with the rate i pay.

Well, i will suggest choosing another hotel in DC if you choose to be in a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your first impression did not meet up to our typical service. Our doorman and bellman team work hard to be available for all of our guests needs with luggage, directions, flagging taxis etc. I am confident if you join us again you will have this same experience that so many of our guests enjoy. We hope to have you back again on your next visit to Washington D.C.

Darwin, Northern Territory
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night during the Easter long weekend. The hotel is very well located, in walking distance to the White House, national mall and memorial park with a capital share bike rental station also very close by.

The staff were lovely and very helpful. The room was clean and super comfortable with good wifi services. We also had lunch at the ICI Bistro which was delicious.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your holiday visit to D.C. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed the service and accommodations, and we are thrilled to now offer that complimentary WIFI to our guests! Did you have a moment to catch the adorable children's Easter Egg hunt going on in the lobby!?

Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel for 3 nights. We reserved a suite, and both of us felt the room was nicely spacious and provided plenty of amenities. Sitting room area had a personal Keurig, which is complimentary (that's not always the case at other hotels), and plenty of extra space. Bed is very, very comfortable, with down comforter and very home-like pillows, not the cheap plastic-y ones that can be used. Bathroom had both a tub and a shower, which is a nice perk since most hotels have one or the other. Vanity had a single sink, however, it had lots of counterspace, so it made it easy for my husband and I to multitask around it. Room was very clean, very well kept.
Staff was extremely curteous and at all times attentive to your needs. My one and only issue is we sometimes had too many people come and check on us in our room. It's certainly not enough of an issue to change my rating, however, it needs to be noted that if you want time without distruption, you really need to put up the "Do Not Disturb" sign. My husband and I spent two evenings after dinner at Le Bar, and can both attest that they make some mean drinks! Huge drink selection and offerings. It is pricey, but worth checking out at least once. We also had the room service. It was in our room within fifteen minutes and delicious. There is also complimentary tea/coffe until 10am. This is so important to me! I have an 11 month old, and this was our first trip away from her. I tried to sleep as late as possible each morning, and had no intention of getting out of bed before 8am. So for those of you, like me, who want to leisurely rise, it was so nice to have the coffee/tea bar open later in the morning.
The biggest perk to the hotel is the close proximity to key DC sights. You can't get any closer than this. Literally a block from the White House, it's within a short walking distance to the mall, monuments, and Smithsonian museums. I used to work in DC, but for my husband, who has never been there, this was his opportunity to see these national treasures. It was also an easy walk to all of our dinner reservations made that weekend, except one (which was just out of the city anyway and wouldn't have been in walking distance to any city hotel). We never used the concierge, but at all times there was one on hand at the hotel and I never saw the desk empty of visitors, which to me generally signals that that person knows what he/she is talking about. So if you need tips for your stay, I think it's worthwhile to take advantage of that. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing such a thorough review of your stay with us. We know how it can be traveling with a baby, so we do our best to create a comfortable, relaxing and convenient environment for you to enjoy while you have the chance! I hope we will welcome you back again soon, and before your know it, your baby will be able to enjoy all of the Washington sites as well!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Sofitel Washington DC? Share your experiences!