“One of best hotels I've experienced” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #9 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, Wisconsin
“One of best hotels I've experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

One of the best hotels I ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was top-flight. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was a French experience in the best way--great food and the room was excellent.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room--the desk was very accomodating--the room was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Merci beaucoup! I am happy to know we were able to accommodate your preference for a quiet room. We do our best to take care of each of our guests, and do not hesitate to call in advance to let us know so we have plenty of time to arrange and be flexible.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We arrived late on Friday evening and check-in was very fast. One of the women at the counter asked my daughter all sorts of questions while I was signing in. One of which was "did she like chocolate chip cookies?" . I was only half listening. The next day shortly after we came back from our sightseeing there were cookies and milk delivered to our room! The concierge was very helpful and everyone treated my daughter like royalty. The hotel was easy walking distance to most attractions. The room was large and the bed comfy. The only problem was with the safe. I had to have someone come and reset it twice. It was not user error as I use these quite often. However they were fast and efficient in dealing with this.
Would definitely return here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I remember that special young girl who likes chocolate chip cookies!! I hope she enjoyed all of the sites in Washington, and I am happy you had such a comfortable stay. I apologize there were complications with your safe, but appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that our security and engineering team could correct the problem. We hope to have you back again soon, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly should you have the opportunity to return to D.C.!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a lovely weekend stay at the Sofitel in DC. The location is fantastic - downtown and right near the White House, the National Mall and museums, and plenty of restaurants and bars. The staff was incredible and went out of their way to make sure we had a memorable time. The room was modern, the bed was really comfortable, and the big windows (with a great view of downtown) let in tons of light during the day. This is my favorite place to stay in DC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Sofitel for your visit to Washington. And thank you for making us your favorite! We are, indeed, in the heart of downtown D.C., close to many tourist attractions and walkable distance from several neighborhoods full of the cities hottest restaurants and bars. Our family of ambassadors will be here to welcome you back and ensure you make more magnifique memories!

Bethesda, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our Anniversary. When I called to ask for early check in they were totally accommodating and asked if we were celebrating anything special. When we checked in they had already upgraded our room and later that day sent up complimentary dessert and water.The staff is wonderful and the room was quiet and very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure speaking with you, thank you for calling to let us know your arrival time. I am happy we were able to accommodate, and have something ready for you early. Be sure to come back and visit soon, even just for dinner or cocktails on our new open air patio!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I spent our anniversary here. The service was outstanding and the location is only about a block from the Mcphereson square metro stop. There are several good restaurants in the immediate vicinity. I would stay here again and absolutely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Happy Anniversary once again! Thank you for choosing Sofitel to celebrate. I see that you enjoyed one of our Pastry Chef, Vincent BItauld's specialty desserts, yum! We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully before your next anniversary.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in February for a meeting. You're only a few blocks from the White House, and two blocks from the McPherson Square Metro Station. The Mall is only about a 20 minute downhill walk.

This is the second Sofitel I've stayed at, and I'm really starting to think it might be my favorite hotel group. Both stays were impeccable. The lobby at the Sofitel is beautiful, with welcoming front desk staff. My room was so cozy, but modern, too. It's amazing to me how their decor could be so soothing and welcoming, and look entirely gorgeous at the same time! The room was large, with plenty of room for luggage. The bathroom was lovely, with a nice shower and separate tub.

My meeting was at the hotel, and I must say that the meeting facility is great. A nicely sized conference room for a group of around 20-30. EXCELLENT meals, too. I used the workout room once, and it had nice equipment and was very nice.

I would whole-heartedly stay at this hotel again. Great facility!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are honored to be considered among your favorite hotels, and I am happy to know you enjoyed your business stay with us in February. We have a meeting floor with a variety of options for different sized meetings as well as our Paris Ballroom. Chef Frank Loquet designs the banquet menus to reflect the quality and selection of our restaurant, and it makes those meetings that much more enjoyable! We strive to provide a comfortable environment, effortless and convenient for our guests to lessen the load of the busy work week. This includes amenities like complimentary coffee and tea to go in the mornings, a lightning-speed business wifi option, complimentary business center access to printing and our newly rennovated fitness center 24/7. We look forward to being your home away from home in Washington D.C.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent 5 nigths at Sofitel Lafayette Square (DC). Not only the hotel itself is amazing, but the staff are extremely friendly.
The location is perfect! Super fast checkin and chekout. Very clean, comfortable ... and the food is wonderful!
The bar (which every night is attended by executives from the neighborhood) has a wonderful special menu, including wines.
It would be unfair to say any employee name since I can not remember all names. But I appreciate the special attention from Chloe, who very often helped me with the maps.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Obrigada! I am very pleased to know you enjoyed your extended stay with us. Just like Chloe, who speaks Portuguese, French and English, we have Ambassadors from all over the world who speak a range of languages like German, Arabic, Russian, Amharic, Spanish, Croatian, Vietnamese, Dutch, Swedish and more. Wherever you are traveling from, Sofitel Washington D.C. has a warm welcome waiting for you!