“Christmas Travel Overnight in Washington, DC” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sofitel Washington DC to your Saves list
Sofitel Washington DC
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   806 15th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20005   |
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #7 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
“Christmas Travel Overnight in Washington, DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great and thoughtful service. Sent the kids chocolate chip cookies, milk, and kid size robes and slippers--they were all smiles. Outstanding food and accomodations. You pay a premium; but well worth it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your holiday visit to Washington D.C. As you can tell, Sofitel loves special occasions and holidays, especially with families! We have an excellent selection of childrens accommodations including Chef Loquet's kids menus in all of the outlets, bath amenties for children, coloring books and activities and even cookies and milk (SHHH!) The concierge can put together recommendations tailored to your family's needs to ensure you have a magnifique stay! I hope you will join us again soon for the next special holiday.

2,010 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Covington, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was very happy to be able to book a hotel that is so close to everything (a couple blocks from the whitehouse) that wasn't super expensive! It's a very nice hotel, the rooms are clean, & are larger than the standard tiny, mid-city hotel room. The beds aren't super comfy (they really need to do something about that!), but it wasn't miserable at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We do our best to create a home away from home in the heart of Washington D.C. for all guests, whether traveling for business or pleasure. We want you to be comfortable both in our public areas and in the privacy of our guestrooms. Please let us know next time if you are not entirely pleased with your sleeping arrangements, as our SoBeds are known for heavenly comfort, and I am disappointed to learn you did not get to enjoy this treat! Just let us know and we will make it right for you. I hope you will join us again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel is located close to McPherson Square subway. It is within walking distance of most of the main attractions, particularly the White House and environs. The rooms are of a high quality and very comfortable with excellent amenities that is expected of this hotel chain. We ate in the restaurant where the food was excellent. We had some clothes washed/dry cleaned and the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Our king room was excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your loyalty to the Sofitel brand. It seems you have come to expect the luxury service and accommodations our properties are so well known for, and I am happy we are no exception! Please come and see us again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very pleasant stay overall. Location is fantastic - next to the White House and walking distance to the Smithsonian museums and metro. Rooms are beautifully appointed and spacious. If you can't sleep during the night, go down to the lobby and chill out in their beautiful lounge area and enjoy unlimited free coffee or tea. Only slight downside is that complimentary wifi is a bit slow (other hotels I have stayed at offer free fast internet services) and doorman is a bit hit and miss. When we arrived our taxi driver had to go and locate the concierge to assist us with our luggages. When we left, no one was around to assist so we carried our own luggages to the taxis outside.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. As you can tell, we strive to create an environment convenient and comfortable for all of our guests; early risers and night owls alike! Le Bar serves food until 11 pm nightly, and complimentary cofee and tea served each morning beginning at 6am. As you mentioned we now offer basic wifi for our guests free of charge. Should you have a need for higher internet speeds we have a very high speed option available for a single charge that can be used on multiple devices. We hope you will be back soon to stay with us.

boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Sofitel. The service was gracious and most welcoming throughout the visit. I requested an early (9AM) check-in and although I arrived even earlier, I was given a lovely, well appointed suite immediately that included a huge windows and a living/work area with desk, sofa, large flat screen TV and coffee table. The bed, comforter, and pillows were exceptionally comfortable and due to these and curtains that kept out most of the light and noise, I slept very well.

The location is a short, pleasant walk to the White House and other sites.

Breakfast was disappointing -- I'd ordered an egg white veggie omelet that was served on some kind of weird red-dish thing that I couldn't identify and that tasted awful. Nevertheless, the coffee and fresh fruit I ordered were delicious, the service great, and fresh croissants looked lovely (although I did not partake.)

I ordered grilled salmon and veggies cooked to order for dinner through room service. It was delivered within 30 minutes and was delicious.

This was my first visit to a Sofitel hotel and I intend to try another next time I travel.

Bravo to the Sofitel and its wonderful staff!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to try the Sofitel for your visit to Washington D.C. We understand the needs and demanding schedules of our guests, so we do our best to accommodate requests like early checkins whenever we can. It seems you were able to take advantage of all our suites have to offer; the comfort of a relaxing restful environment along with the necessary space and amenities to accomplish all of your work. Our newly complimentary wifi can help with this, and if you have a lot of business and computer work to do, we offer a paid extremely high speed option to make it even easier. I am sorry to know you did not enjoy the tomato ragout with your breakfast, the healthy egg white omelette can certainly be ordered without it, no problem. We look forward to welcoming you back again and hope to be your hotel of choice in the city.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here the last weekend of January 2013 and had a wonderful time. The staff was helpful, friendly and accommodating from the very moment we pulled up to the curb at 3:15 on a Friday afternoon. Our check in was swift and pleasant with our bags being brought to our room almost immediately. We were given pleasant instructions on all the amenities of the room.

The room was much smaller than I would have expected and the layout was a little odd. The TV was almost right alongside the bed. Most disappointing was the view - or lack thereof. We were facing north - looking into a vacant building that was under renovation. I considered asking for another room, but my wife talked me out of it since we would not be spending a great deal of time in the room. When I return I will request a room that faces east or south toward the White House. The king size bed was awesome! Both of us said afterward that we had not slept that well in a while.

The location was great for us. We love to walk and on Friday night we walked to dinner four blocks away. Saturday we walked to the Verizon center for a Georgetown game. Afterward we walked to the National Mall and back up 15th Street NW to the hotel.

We are not prone to spending much time in hotel bars, but Le Bar was very inviting from the outside so we went in. The staff was very friendly and very attentive and we relaxed almost immediately. We enjoyed it so much we went back on our second night for a pre dinner cocktail. We did not eat a meal here because we already had plans elsewhere, so I can not offer any comment on the food.

Bottom line - I would recommend. I would go back, I will ask for a room facing east or south on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy to know you were greeted with a smile and helpful hand by our bellmen and doormen who are here to assist around the clock. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you are less than satisfied with your room layout or view, as we have numerous options upon availability. I have passed your kind words on to the ambassadors in Le Bar, and hope you will have the opportunity to come back and join us in the next few months when the patio will open. The cocktails taste even better when enjoyed outside in the fresh air!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Sofitel Washington DC? Share your experiences!