“Good value, clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Baron Hotel

You added The Baron Hotel to your Saves list
The Baron Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1523 22nd street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #112 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Good value, clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Two of us stayed here for 2 night in July 2012. It is about a 10min walk from DuPont Circle metro station so it's easy to access the rest of Washington. It's also a short walk to Rock Creek Park which was nice to escape the heat of summer. The hotel has no lift so it's a bit tricky to lift heavy luggage up the stairs. The room was small but was clean and comfortable with good aircon. The bathroom was modern and clean, in fact it looked very recently refurbished. We didn't eat here or go to the bar downstairs. Overall, good value, good location, and clean - would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I want to warn everyone of this hotel.

Not only was it not very clean and the staff extremely unfriendly, my particular concern is that the hotel charged my credit card - without my signature - for two nights instead of the one night I spent at the hotel!

I was willing to believe in a mistake, however, the hotel did not react to any of my emails. When the booking website intervened on my behalf the hotel presented an invoice which I never received and did not sign. Even the proof that I left the city after 1 night (and could not have spent a second night at the hotel) did - until today - not get me my money back. It's been three months.

I am extremely angry and dissappointed and have no good memories of my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
dallas/fort worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is located in a charming area. We found an amazing coffee shop and a bagel place on the corner. The beds are good. But, noisy! Our room faced the street (beautiful view) so sirens and traffic noise made sleeping difficult. If you like kinda quirky old places go for it, just try to get away from the street side

• Stayed October 2012
Moscow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Baron Hotel is located in a very nice neighbourhood surrounded by wonderful mansions, very close to Dupont Circle and easy access to many attractions. But the customer service in the hotel is awful. In our preliminary requests we asked to give us a quiet room in a quiet place. And wrote a special request directly to the hotel. We were given the room on the first floor just opposite the entrance to the bar and with the restaurant right under the room. With the noise and music coming form the open door of the bar and the noise coming from the restaurant we couldn't hear the news on TV and even each other. It lasted until 1am in the morning. The next night we were refused to be moved to another room. On the third night we were moved to the room on the 2nd floor just above the bar and terrible noise from AC coming through the window. The receptionists were talking all days round on the phone paying little or no attention to the clients. Finally they charged us twice for one and the same breakfast first taking cash and then charging the credit card upon our departure.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Probably it's much quiter on the other side( not...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wollongong, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed here twice, the first time we were quite happy with our stay. However, on the second stay we had multiple terrible experiences.
Our friends from Japan were visiting so we booked two rooms, the rooms we were given were nothing like our first stay. They were run down and looked terrible. There was a mouse trap on the floor. YES a mouse trap! When I called the front desk, he explained it was a "Safety precaution" I explained to him it could not be there for a safety precaution as some one could step on it. I then asked to speak to the manager and the front clerk informed me he does not know when he will be in and he will not be there the following day to speak to me..
Secondly, expedia shows that breakfast is included this is not the case, they charge 5pp extra a day for breakfast. I informed the front desk staff of this error but they did not seem to care.
Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Grab your money and go else where

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and go else where.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I found the room size very good for the price. My room was extremely clean and pleasant. I was on the third floor and did not have any noise from the bar in the basement. The bar itself was great fun and really friendly. Wi-Fi worked fine in both the bar and my room. Bed was comfy.
For the price, this is a great hotel and the metro is only a 5 minute walk away. The area is nice too, the hotel is right by all the foreign embassy's and if you cross the street, you are straight into Georgetown.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Seven Corners, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

In this price range ( < $100) and in that location (Dupont Circle/Georgetown) there's simply no other competitors to this hotel. The rooms were clean with modern amenities (LCD TV, desk, wardrobe cabinet, and nightstand). That being said, the rooms are really small, so there's not much space to maneuver. Bathrooms are also on a smaller scale. There's no bath tub, only a shower, but everything is new.
The quality of sleep is very good, BUT the window AC/heater is very loud and given the small size of the room is located very near the bed. When it comes on during the night light sleepers are bound to wake up.
There's no hotel parking. However, parking is a rare luxury in the District. If you have a car, you're best to pick a hotel in a more suburban environment. You really don't need to live in the center having your own transportation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Baron Hotel? Share your experiences!