“Wonderful Vegan Bakery!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sticky Fingers Bakery

Sticky Fingers Bakery
1370 Park Rd NW, Washington DC, DC (Columbia Heights)
(202) 299-9700
Neighborhood: Columbia Heights
Salisbury, Maryland
“Wonderful Vegan Bakery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

While visiting DC we made a special trip over to Sticky Fingers. Definitely worth the trip. Purchased cupcakes, cookie, brownie, sticky bun and grilled cheez sandwich. Everything was yummy. Quick service and nice variety. Only downside is the cost. We visited here specifically for vegan treats. I would visit again when we could sit down an enjoy a meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
“Great vegan restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The baked goods, especially the vegan cupcakes, are to die for! Tasty treats at reasonable prices. Perfect spot for compassionate animal advocates.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Sticks with you, but not in a good way.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The good news is that the service people are chipper and friendly. The bad news is that their flagship item, the cupcakes, taste like wax. It's hard to find good vegan dessert options, but these really excel ... at being terrible. I've never been there for other food, but with the plethora of delicious locally-owned sandwich/panini/lunch-type places in DC, I don't see the point.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Unique!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

SFB has the best mix of quality food with a hip touch! Fantastic brunch, amazing deserts/baked goods, great coffee, and cool place to seat and work. Most of the time I cannot stop on the first cupcake, or cookie... and I'll usually buy a sandwich to eat there and take another one home with me... the fall baked goods stay in my mind the whole year! A favorite in DC!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Underwhelmed with food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stopped here with our family on a Wednesday in October. Admittedly, I did not tell my husband or kids this was a vegan place. Really, a cupcake is a cupcake, right? I ordered the breakfast burrito and latte, kids ordered bagels and hot chocolates. The breakfast burrito was pretty good although on the tart side. Kids did not like hot chocolates. Not sure what dairy substitute they use. We use almond milk at home frequently and kids like it. If they're not using almond milk, I'd recommend it. The latte was OK. I'm not a vegan but am very open-minded about all types of food prep. Probably we would have enjoyed it more if the staff was friendlier. It reminded me of cool, hipster places in our city where you feel super welcome if you're "known;" otherwise, you feel like an intruder in a secret club. In other words, staff wasn't warm. Would give it a second chance to try their famous weekend brunch. Maybe that would sway me... But I wouldn't go out of my way.

• Visited October 2012