“Ripper Fun” 5 of 5 stars

703-296-9867
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours allow you to see and experience more without the distraction of others. We specialize in small group tours. It will just be you and your guide. Your guide will take photographs of you with beautiful Washington DC in the background, so bring your camera or camera phone. Without the distraction of others we are able to glide smoother and more streamline from one site to the next.
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ripper Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had restricted time in Washington (unfortunately) and thought a Segway tour might be the best way to see as much as possible. Being the wrong side of 50, my wife and I were a little worried about being able to learn to use the Segway but we were up and about in around 20 minutes thanks to Corey and Darnelle. In the end it was only the 2 of us and Corey on the tour and he was very accommodating and provided a lot of useful information along the way. We got to see a lot in the 3 hours (which went by so quickly) and had fun zooming around Washington on the Segway. HIGHLY recommend this tour.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Corey and Darnelle were great trainers and I can't recommend them enough. It is the perfect way to get round all the memorials and monuments and you go from zero to 'how do I make this thing go faster' quicker than you expect.

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Humdinger of a tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I found this segway tour on google and thought I would give it a try since a group of friends and I would be in the area. Being that I've been to DC before and attempted the tourist thing on foot, I thought this was a great option. MAN WAS I RIGHT!!! We got to see so many things and covered so much ground in a short period of time. Corey and Darnell were amazing teachers! They were very upbeat, positive, and encouraging. If you have a few hours to carve out of your visit to DC, this tour is a MUST! You are not just a number on this tour, but instead an individual. Corey and Darnell took the time to learn names and make the tour a very personal experience. We only had time to do Tour B, but I plan to do Tour A when I visit the area in the future. Thanks guys...Y'ALL ROCK!!! :-)
***Sidenote: I think Corey does photography in his spare time because he takes great pics lol***

Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Holiday Weekend + Private DC Segway Tours = Tons of Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

It was my birthday and a holiday weekend. We made our reservation about a week and a half out because holiday weekends can get kind of busy. We had seven people but only five could ride. (No one under 16, sorry kids). Plus they limit their groups to six persons. Two people had ridden before and they picked up the training pretty fast. It was definitely more learning involved than anticipated but in the end it was all worth it. You have to keep your eyes forward because DC has a lot of people and if you leave too much of a gap they tend to try to step in front of you. When we rounded the last turn I was stoked! We did the deluxe B and saw just about the entire city. Thanks to Corey for making the ride upbeat and moving!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“High Quality Guides and a Superb Way To See DC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We came for a conference outside of the city and only had a half day in DC. Thank goodness they had last minute availability. We walked up and our guide Corey and his helper were waiting for us along with the segways. The machines were well kept compared to our last segway tour in another city a few months back. The training with these guys was also outstanding. It was drizzling that day and they definitely made us feel safe. Since it was so cold, there weren't that many people out and we pretty much had the city to ourselves. This made viewing the memorials and hearing the history a true delight. Thanks guys for a great afternoon! Highly recommend!