“This is just ok.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial

Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
1964 Independence Ave, SW, The National Mall, Washington DC, DC 20024 (National Mall)
Website
Schaghticoke, New York
19 attraction reviews
“This is just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014 NEW

Much better tribute in Atlanta. If you are a KING-ophile like me, you will be much better served at the Atlanta tribute.

Visited November 2014

• Turkish first
Carrollton, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Overwhelming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014 NEW

Dr. King's monument in DC was long overdue and I was so excited when they announced plans for it. I was also a bit nervous that such a monument could not capture the greatness he represents and would be a disappointment as the pictures did but seem to match his awe.

I came in from Dr Kings right side. I read the familiar quotes of his on the wall that led to the monument. I read the quote inscribed on his side, then walked around the front to face him. It wasn't until I saw his face that I really felt the raw power and emotion. I looked into Dr. King's eyes, which stare with purpose towards Washington, as if he were saying, "we still have work to do." I love this monument!

“A must see ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

All I can say is that regardless of where you come from a visit to this monument is absolutely inspirational. I was in absolute awe of MLK. He was such a great man who left his footprint on the sands of time.

The South
6 attraction reviews
“The Dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

Excellent monument placed in a really nice area, worth a look see! While we were there helicopters flew by very interesting

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Inspirational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

This memorial is extremely moving. It is filled with great MLK Jr. quotes that will give you chills. I would recommend that everyone meandering in DC pass through here at some point.

Visited December 2014