“If you want to feel unwelcomed come here” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Station 4 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #890 of 2,494 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M street
Transit: two steps from Waterfront Metro Station /Green Line
Description: A New American bistro-style restaurant
“If you want to feel unwelcomed come here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My friends and I were staying in a nearby hotel and wanted a nearby bar to enjoy. We were told by the concierge that station 4 was the closest. Walking into the bar it was a very nice atmosphere but we received dirty looks from the bartenders when we arrived around 12:30am. The barback was extremely friendly but the bartenders made sure we knew they were closing soon. Last call was at 1:30am which felt a little early for us but after receiving dirty looks from the bartenders (especially the female bartender) we realized they wanted us to leave. My only regret is that I left a great tip. After leaving a 30% tip they told us we had two minutes to get out as soon as the clock struck 2:00. Overall it was a very uncomfortable experience.

Damascus, Maryland
“Mediocre food. Very crowded & no personal space.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you like your personal space, Station 4 is not for your. This seems to be the only nice place to eat before a show at Arena Stage, so it's very crowded. We went on a Wednesday, so the restaurant is probably crowded every night there is a show (I can't even imagine what it's like on the weekend!). My friend and I had wanted to sit at the bar, but the small area was already PACKED. The tables in the dining room were as small as coffee tables and we had to keep rearranging our dishes to fit. Our waiter was very attentive and nice to try and make up for it though. Neighboring tables we quite close (just out of elbow's reach), so it felt like we were having a conversation with six people, not just the two of us. We split a margherita pizza and a side of the mac&cheese (since it sounded so delicious). The pizza was okay, and I can make better mac&cheese at home. We also specifically asked for the mac&cheese without bacon, and it came with bacon anyway - but the waiter was nice and took off a buck or two for the mistake. I got a hot apple cider cocktail, which was good but a bit strong. Nothing on the dessert menu caught our eye, so we didn't bother. All in all I wasn't impressed. If I catch another show at Arena Stage I'd probably try the burger place opening next door instead.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Bite before Arena Stage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The only good place to eat around the theater. Had excellent pumpkin soup, and swordfish very lightly cooked, just the way I like it. Cheesecake desert was mediocre, but nice that they let you return after the theater to finish your prix fixe meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bowie, Maryland
“NEVER AGAIN Sun Feb 10th 2013”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We got there early 5:50 I explained we had a 7:30 show The seating was very tight almost like a cafeteria. Then I noticed that the table wear and wine glass were dirty and I was missing silverware. The server was very nice and replaced them but her supporting cast were HORRIBLE. When the bread came out ,they brought two tired little cubes of bread in a basket & some oil in a small bowl. I asked for more then they brought back the same bread and two heels. After we ate the bread my appetizer came out & I then noticed the couple seated next to us got a basket bristling with nice warm bread, at least eight to ten pieces. I actually began to wonder was the fact that we are a interracial couple a factor in the HORRIBLE service. The other patrons didn't have any of these issues. This along with the fact that after waiting 45 minutes we still were without our main course really bothered me. We ended up leaving without eating so as not to be rushed, in order to make our show. This was an evening that I spent weeks planing. I was so angry i could barley contain myself.. NEVER AGAIN this was an outrage.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Finally! A great meal option near Arena Stage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've been struggling with the food at Arena's Catwalk Cafe; it is both not good and overpriced. Someone mentioned Station 4 and we thought we would try it. As soon as we walked in the door, we knew our meal dilemma was over. Very obliging hostess. Terrific server -- Keera -- who managed to beautifully manage our questions and our order while training a new server on a full-up Saturday night. And a thoughtful manager -- Marco -- who reacted to our questions and compliments about the restaurant by offering us a glass of champagne. Good and varied menu selections whether you want a little (the salmon sliders are terrific, the soup was delicious) or a lot. Fairly priced and tasty wine. The food delivery was mindful of our curtain time but not rushed. Equally important, we could talk to each other without straining. (We were seated in the front of the restaurant.) We were delighted and look forward to returning for dinner before the show and maybe some other meals, too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere