“Not you average cocktail bar” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Drinks, Reservations
Dining options: Drinks, Reservations
Ontario
“Not you average cocktail bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went here for a pre-dinner cocktail so we were able to get in easily and get a seat at the bar. Bartender was very good. We ordered from the menu, so I can't speak to the 'unique cocktail creations' from first had tasting, but the lady next to me at the bar told the bartender she wan't something with lavender and scotch and he crated her a unique drink which she enjoyed. We had planned on returning after dinner for a post- dinner cocktail, but alas had too much wine at dinner. When in Washington I would return here for a drink. Nice spot. Hidden entrance, black door, no signage.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington, DC
“Amazing, unique drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

What a cool place! Very intimate vibe. Loved that you could order off the menu or offer up a liquor and general drink theme and have the bartender create something catered specifically to your tastes. The host/bouncer was exceptionally friendly and helpful, especially as we were a large group. I felt like our server was a little bit pretentious regarding the drinks, which was a little off-putting, but easily laughed off. Would definitely recommend reservations as the place fills up very quickly. Also, if you are a large group and can't get a reservation together [they don't take more than six per table], make a reservation for when they open at 6 PM--those not on the reservation can walk in and sit at the bar area and rotate in with those at the table. Not ideal, but a nice alternative to skipping out for larger parties.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cool Mixologist and intimate- darkly lit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had the Sexpot drink (much like a Manhattan) and truly enjoyed the overall feeling. Mixologist was personable and fun.

• Visited July 2013
Oviedo, Florida
“Speakeasy (Not so secret)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

couple of hotel employees told me about this place a couple years ago and I go back every time I'm in DC. Everyone I've taken there loves it. The whole vibe including the music is awesome. I like to sit at the bar so the bartender (think drink scientist) can fix drinks to your personal tastes. Be sure you know the address for the taxi because there is no sign and I guarantee the first time your there you'll think your at the wrong place!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Try the back patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been to this place before for a few drinks with friends. The inside bar is nice and certainly has a cool atmosphere but I was always turned off a little by a somewhat pretentious clientele. However, this time around I called in (reservations are essentially with this place) and got a table out on the back patio. The area is fun, a little more laid back and has decent music; we ended up spending three hours and lots of money enjoying their specialty drinks and the paninis they had available. Glad I gave the place another shot.

• Visited June 2013