“Peaceful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #35 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Lagos
“Peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I thought it was a peaceful and friendly experience. A sierraleonian lady who took my room service requests was particularly nice. The housekeepers too. It just felt quite and peaceful. I asked for an extended checkout at last minute and it was granted.

Room Tip: There was no fabulous view for me... Which was a bit disappointing as I always ask for a view. It wa...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and described your time wth us as
"peaceful" - so many times while travelling that is exactly the experience that one yearns for!

I hope that I will have the pleasure of meeting you on your next visit to Washington DC and I have noted your preference for one of our 22nd or M Street rooms so that you can have a wonderful view of our Westend Neighborhood.

Thank you once again for being our guest. Warmly,

Elizabeth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Ocean, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Definitely a nice hotel, but not necessarily a special hotel. Hotel staff are big on the usual platitudes: the typical RC "my pleasure, sir"; "right away, sir". The actual service provided was rather mediocre. 50 minutes for a housekeeping request; 45 minutes for a luggage request. I visited based on expectation of great service and I received great manners in its place. Club lounge was nice, though front desk pulled a little switcheroo. I paid for a club floor suite and they put me in a non-club floor suite with access to the club lounge. Based on the hotel website, suites appear nicer on the club floor. I mentioned this and front desk staff reinforced how nice the room was that they gave me. Oh well...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments about your stay.
I am sorry that your requests were not handled properly - this is certainly not the service that The Ritz-Carlton is known for and I certainly apologize for your experience.

Our Club suites are actually located through out the hotel and have access to the club lounge - we only have one club suite located on the club floor itself.

I do hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to Washington DC. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you personally with your reservations.
Thank you once again for staying with us.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at this FANTASTIC hotel for 2 nights on our way to SC... My children have Celiac and i had called ahead to mention this to the staff... all i can say is THANK YOU to the entire staff at this amazing hotel for helping us out on our road trip! This Property is in a great location in one of the most beautiful cities!

We will most certainly be back as we did not have enough time in DC... and when we do return my choice of hotels is already made!

A Bientot...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely comments about your recent visit.
I look forward to meeting you personally upon your return to DC.
I appreciate your kind words about the team - who have a great passion for hospitality.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you once again for being our guest!
All the Best,
Elizabeth
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while doing a college visit with my daughter. It could not have been better. We choose the club level as I wanted the option of a quick breakfast and was pleasantly surprised with the club lounge that offered a choice of food all through the day. Curtis in the club lounge was very helpful and made us feel welcome. I found the entire staff very courteous and offering to help at every turn. We will be back.
For family dinner nearby try Founding Farmers a nice restaurant with locally grown food.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family do the club level you can use the club lounge for a lite breakfast...
Green Features: The hotel had many environmentally friendly features like the water bottles were biodegradable.
Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had booked their simplest room for a brief three day stay while exploring local colleges. When we came onto their property, we had to hunt down a valet to help us with our luggage as they were hanging around the door, talking to each other. This soured our mood slightly, all though I was impressed one of their valets knew how to properly drive a manual, unlike so many other valets.

Check-in was brief all though the property is maze-like to get to the elevators from the entrance–but that is nothing that they can fix at this point, obviously. Since we paid with our RC Credit Card, we got a upgrade to the Club Lounge, but we didn't get the $100 credit towards our stay since it was over two nights, which isn't too big, but wasn't like a good RC would be like. Our room was big though, which was a nice touch, with a large and beautiful bathroom. As we went about the property, it was a nice location in downtown DC and had lovely fixing around the property.

The saving grace of this hotels' service lies in the club lounge. IF we weren't in a room with access, we would have left after the first night. The lounge's food was excellent, as was their staff, which made us feel better about our decision on the hotel. Another neat part of this hotel is that you can text the valet to bring your car around front. Since their garage is underground, the cars come rather quickly, making sure you don't have to wait in the heat for your vehicle.

The food from in-room dining was okay but not as excellent. For the location, I'd recommend going to Joe's (McPherson Sq Metro Station). It is an AMAZING place for lunch or dinner. Just be warned, their clientele are businessmen and women, so dress accordingly.

Checking-out was simple as we did it in room and just like that we left. We will be exploring their Georgetown property or the JW Marriott in DC. Most likely will not be returning because of the staff service, which is what makes or breaks a hotel like the Ritz-Carlton. Everything is in first impressions. Everything.

Room Tip: Club Lounge floor or bust.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jason r, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for not living up to the high standards of service you should expect from the Ritz-Carlton Washington D.C. and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in detail with you and I hope that you could call me at 202-974-5504.

Thank you for feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,

Jason Richter
Hotel Manager
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Ritz-Carlton, you did not disappoint! The staff, the room, the bathroom - very nice. I never saw housekeeping, but my room was always clean when I returned from visiting with my client. The location can't be beat - a short walk to restaurants, a Starbucks (next to the Walgreens) is literally down the street and a corner Walgreens (across the street) for everything you forgot to pack. I'll be staying here for every trip I have to the DC area from now on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ogdensburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The service was great from the time arrived. The room was beautiful despite not having much of a view. Very clean with a huge bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is about a 20 minute cab ride from Reagan Airport - you get to see a lot of the DC sights with just the cab ride. The hotel is in walking distance to a lot.

Stayed July 2014

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC? Share your experiences!