“Could not have been better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Could not have been better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while doing a college visit with my daughter. It could not have been better. We choose the club level as I wanted the option of a quick breakfast and was pleasantly surprised with the club lounge that offered a choice of food all through the day. Curtis in the club lounge was very helpful and made us feel welcome. I found the entire staff very courteous and offering to help at every turn. We will be back.
For family dinner nearby try Founding Farmers a nice restaurant with locally grown food.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family do the club level you can use the club lounge for a lite breakfast...
Green Features: The hotel had many environmentally friendly features like the water bottles were biodegradable.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had booked their simplest room for a brief three day stay while exploring local colleges. When we came onto their property, we had to hunt down a valet to help us with our luggage as they were hanging around the door, talking to each other. This soured our mood slightly, all though I was impressed one of their valets knew how to properly drive a manual, unlike so many other valets.

Check-in was brief all though the property is maze-like to get to the elevators from the entrance–but that is nothing that they can fix at this point, obviously. Since we paid with our RC Credit Card, we got a upgrade to the Club Lounge, but we didn't get the $100 credit towards our stay since it was over two nights, which isn't too big, but wasn't like a good RC would be like. Our room was big though, which was a nice touch, with a large and beautiful bathroom. As we went about the property, it was a nice location in downtown DC and had lovely fixing around the property.

The saving grace of this hotels' service lies in the club lounge. IF we weren't in a room with access, we would have left after the first night. The lounge's food was excellent, as was their staff, which made us feel better about our decision on the hotel. Another neat part of this hotel is that you can text the valet to bring your car around front. Since their garage is underground, the cars come rather quickly, making sure you don't have to wait in the heat for your vehicle.

The food from in-room dining was okay but not as excellent. For the location, I'd recommend going to Joe's (McPherson Sq Metro Station). It is an AMAZING place for lunch or dinner. Just be warned, their clientele are businessmen and women, so dress accordingly.

Checking-out was simple as we did it in room and just like that we left. We will be exploring their Georgetown property or the JW Marriott in DC. Most likely will not be returning because of the staff service, which is what makes or breaks a hotel like the Ritz-Carlton. Everything is in first impressions. Everything.

Room Tip: Club Lounge floor or bust.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jason r, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for not living up to the high standards of service you should expect from the Ritz-Carlton Washington D.C. and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in detail with you and I hope that you could call me at 202-974-5504.

Thank you for feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,

Jason Richter
Hotel Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Ritz-Carlton, you did not disappoint! The staff, the room, the bathroom - very nice. I never saw housekeeping, but my room was always clean when I returned from visiting with my client. The location can't be beat - a short walk to restaurants, a Starbucks (next to the Walgreens) is literally down the street and a corner Walgreens (across the street) for everything you forgot to pack. I'll be staying here for every trip I have to the DC area from now on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ogdensburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The service was great from the time arrived. The room was beautiful despite not having much of a view. Very clean with a huge bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is about a 20 minute cab ride from Reagan Airport - you get to see a lot of the DC sights with just the cab ride. The hotel is in walking distance to a lot.

Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great experience up to Ritz standards. Staff is awesome. Club amenities are a bit shy, menu is sparse, but service is excellent as to be expected from RC. Location is very good and a short walk or easy cab to all DC sites and museums.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, get a courtyard room. Fire station across the street from the hotel is active all...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent a few days here over the 4th of July Holiday. It was a great experience. Rooms were clean and spacious. Housekeeping we encountered were always smiling and friendly. The Club lounge staff were very helpful. The hotel had smores making in the lobby on the 4th with colored (red white and blue) marshmallows. The desk staff and concierge were very effecient and helpful as was the door staff. The location of this hotel is perfect......Great stay...

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

One star only for the bell service. Expecting good service and cleanliness and got the absolute opposite. I stupidly stayed here on two separate occasions within the span of one week. No water or any real courtesy at check in. I realized they had overcharged me on my bill for my first stay and hoped they would fix it when i checked in the second time. the front desk person was beyond rude and unhelpful. In both rooms, all the linens had stains on them. Yes, all of them. Requests for normal amenities like slippers required at least two phone calls even when housekeeping definitely was not busy. They no longer have Bulgari amenities and are using some cheap and terrible substitute. They charge for wifi, they charge for the gym, they charge for absolutely everything. I expected a lot better for what the rooms cost here and am sorely disappointed. The only saving grace were the bell employees who were actually kind and courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
jason r, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for not living up to the high standards that we promise at The Ritz-Carlton and we deeply regret the inconvenience this caused.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in detail with you and I hope that you could call me at 202-974-5504.

Thank you for feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,

Jason Richter
Hotel Manager

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC? Share your experiences!