“Short stay but great time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Short stay but great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed over 4th of July weekend. The hotel was not very busy. We elected to stay club it was well worth the fee. The room was clean and super was excellent. Parking was very expensive as is most of D.C.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I travel to DC a lot for work and usually stay at the Fairmont or the Marriot. However, after staying at the Ritz, it will be hard to stay anywhere else in the city again. Allow me to explain.

I checked into the hotel for a business meeting over my birthday. The staff immediately took note of the fact that it was birthday at check in, and upon return to my room later in the day a slice of birthday cake and a birthday card from the staff was waiting in my room! VERY thoughtful! Especially when you are in town for work and think no one will notice - The staff at the Ritz did.

I had a box from the conference I attended that I needed to mail. The concierge helped me get to the UPS store with my things making my life muh easier. The staff at most hotels are usually on top of things like this, but the personal attention I recieved at the Ritz was impressive. Often though you can tell the staff doesn't really want to help you, or they go overboard and it comes across as invasive or oppressive. Not so at the Ritz. The staff always had a smile on their face and found that balance between being there for you without being a bother.

The staff's ability to predict my every need and have a solution already in place created for me free time so I was able to actually have a break and enjoy DC rather than just work. What I loved was that I didn't even have to ask. The staff was down right intuitive, seeing what I needed and already having a solution in place.

The hotel is walking distance from everything you need or want. My room overlooked the interior of the hotel The room was quiet, luxurious, and the temperature was easy to control. The bar area was confortable. I tend to grab a drink and read the paper there, and once again the staff was friendly. Most hotel bars can feel stuffy but the one at the Ritz was welcoming and the coffe was great. I wish I coudl remember the names of the staff people who made an impression on me to give them the kudos they deserve.

I look forward to my next stay there in September.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room, but I prefer to overlook the interior when I need quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We ended up here after the Kimpton Madera couldn't give us the room we reserved. Got the government rate which was awesome. They upgraded us to a corner deluxe or premium, whatever the better one was upon our arrival for being Marriott gold. Champagne on arrival and all the luxuries you would expect from the Ritz.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are a lot bigger than the normal rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Love the atmosphere and this time I also investigated their 9th level club. Lounging around with steak hors d'oeuvres? Fresh cookies?! What's next, candy? You bet, they actually had CANDY! Sorry, nothing pampers me more than the aforementioned treats and here they had it all in one. For a real dinner we went to the West End Bistro and I was very pleased to find the corn soup on the menu again - amazing!
Loved the personalized touch I received from the staff, especially Rachel who surprised us with champagne and strawberries upon hearing that it was our anniversary. Nothing beats that kind of attention.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nowhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We got a super great deal on the Ritz, so we decided to check out this location. It's located in Foggy Bottom, but only a few blocks away from both Georgetown and Dupont Circle. If you are not familiar with DC, New Hampshire Ave kind of turns and merges with 22nd. There is also alot of construction in the area, blocking the sidewalks.

We were greeted upon arrival with cold towels (perfect for the humidity!) and mini bottles of water. The reception clerk was FANTASTIC (I wish I could remember her name!). She was very friendly and personable-we talked about DC Restaurant Week. Since my husband is Marriott Platinum, we got free internet and free use of the LA Fitness next door. We walked around the gym, and it's BEAUTIFUL. I really, really wish that we had brought workout clothes-it's three stories, has a pool, as well as a ton of fitness/yoga classes.

We were given a room, as requested, on a higher floor. The room layout was the standard Ritz layout, bigger than the Ritz at Tysons Corner. They had lots of reading material- including Town and Country.

Two complaints about the room- there wasn't a "Hotel Guide" in the room, so we didn't have information about when check-in/check-out was, or what the TV channels were, etc. Also, the evening room service was really skimpy. The maid didn't replace used towels or toiletries. My husband tried to track her down, but she didn't have towels on her cart. . .maybe it was laundry day?

We also had a drink in the lounge, which was great! There was live music until around 8 pm, and it had a great atmosphere. It's not incredibly loud like so many bars in DC. However, drinks are PRICEY (we had pretty standard mixed drinks for $12). We also split the cheese plate which was great.

We will definitely come back again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a good time in the hotel. Marcus in the restaurant was very friendly/ professional and gave us some good recommendations about what to see in Washington D.C. Best eggs benedict in the USA! We would go there again!!

• Stayed August 2013
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice hotel in general with a great location and easy access to almost everything in DC. Walk to Georgetown from hotel, plenty of dining close to hotel tourist areas are also close by the hotel by cab or a vigorous walk. The hotel is a bit old and lobby is small but Ritz staff was first rate. Concierge service also real helpful but gets real busy around dinner could use another person at that desk. Plenty of taxi and limo's as well as the Ritz Escalade for short trips was real fun. The area of the hotel is safe but walk up a few blocks past Walgreens the neighborhood is a bit dicey. Also CVS and Walgreens are right around the corner. Few more blocks is a liquor store too.

Room Tip: If traveling in the summer avoid the top floor the air conditioner can't cool the room. We had...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business