“Nice, pleasant, professional” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 22nd Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Watervliet
“Nice, pleasant, professional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had the luck to join a friend who was heading to DC for a wedding at the Ritz Carlton. I got to go along "for the ride" and enjoy the Ritz Carlton. The hotel was nice, the room was comfortable, and the stay was very pleasant. I wouldn't say it was a Wow, amazing room; but it was certainly very, very nice. Some specifics: The room remote wasn't working correctly. We reported it to the Concierge and when we returned from our activities outside, we found the remote working just fine. The bathroom was very very nice and the shower was terrific. In the late afternoon, early evening the hotel offered some hot mulled cider, coffee and tea and different cookie offerings. This was a really nice touch. The location was okay, but it did require mostly taxis to get around and about, although it was pretty easily walkable to either Dupont Circle or Georgetown. So, I'd say it was nice and depending on what your planned activities are is whether to consider this particular Ritz Carlton

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Excellent service from the moment you pull up to the door. Every single staff member seemed to make it their personal mission to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Located within easy walking distance to both Georgetown and DuPont Circle.

No real lobby to speak of to sit and check emails (very few chairs), but the Lobby Lounge & Bar is a relaxing place to grab a coffee, tea, or alcoholic beverage after 5pm. Mulled cider and chocolate chip cookies were served by the elevators, a nice touch on a chilly day.

Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for a conference and were continually surprised by the exceptional service at this hotel. They did an excellent job anticipating and accommodating our needs, and I would rank this among the very best hotels we've experienced with respect to customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Typical Ritz quality hotel. Very elegant!! The lobby is small but there are a couple of entertaining floors. The hotel is pretty close to Marta, approximately 4 blocks next to GW hospital. The area is vagrant free, which is always a plus. I stayed on 5 floor which had some hard banging noises that appeared not to be construction. The room was very nice as usual, and every appeared new and fresh. Plenty of fluffy pillows. Separate shower was a plus. There was a Walgreens across the street

• Stayed November 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the first time that I stayed at a Ritz and it has convinced me to stay at a Ritz wherever I go. The staff made you feel very welcome. The service is attentive and courteous without being obsequious. The best part? After finishing the Marine Corps Marathon and returning to my room, there was a knock. At the door was a staff member with balloons and a personalized plaque with my name and marathon time congratulating me for finishing the marathon. Special touches like that just makes the stay so much more memorable!

• Stayed October 2012
Holly Springs, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for the Marine Corp Marathon weekend 2012 and because of Hurricane Sandy ended up staying an additional night when our flight was cancelled. The staff at the Ritz are the best I have ever seen; they knew our names and what our trip was about. They bent over backwards to accomodate any need we might have and their attitudes were flawless. Prior to the race, they left encourgaging notes in our room and when we returned from the race there was a balloon bouquet with a framed congrats with our race time on it. We were very much impressed. During the hurricane, they kept us informed with information sheets in our rooms and offered assistance with travel issues. The conciege was able to get us a rental car, in the midst of a rental car frenzy, so we were able to drive home. I have stayed at a host of five star properties, but can honestly say that the staff at this hotel was by far the best I have experienced. This is the only place I will stay if in DC again. Thanks guys for your amazing work and attitudes

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Over the past year, I've stayed in over 25 hotels across the U.S. and around the world. The best experience I had was a four night stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Georgetown/Washington D.C. It started at the very beginning, as the staff made sure I didn't leave anything behind in the taxi, and then I was greeted by name with a cold drink at reception (even though I had never been there before!).

The hotel was conveniently located within walking distance or a short walk to the metro of where I needed to be. The staff really went out of their way to ensure that I had a wonderful experience in the hotel. I certainly plan on staying here on my next trip to Washington, and would certainly love to take my family the next time!

Many thanks to the Ritz staff for such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC? Share your experiences!