“Visiting DC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Cherry Hill, United States
“Visiting DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Our hotel experience at Homewood Suites was perfect for our visit to DC. It was conveniently located to the DC convention center and it provided all of the amenities we needed for an overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Marianne_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your comments--I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us! We'd love to have you back when you return to DC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Manalapan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel is OK, but at $299/night plus tax, it is overpriced for the services provided. Noises in other rooms on the same floor prevent adequate sleep. Access to the Hotel is difficult, and the parking overnight is very expensive. The breakfast provided in the morning is reasonably good.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Hotel rates in DC fluctuate a great deal, depending on the time of year and the events that are going on in the city. Because our hotel is centrally located and convenient to the convention center, local businesses and sightseeing, it is in high demand at times and this can impact the rates. I would encourage future guests to check with us if they are looking for dates that are a good value--we can certainly point you in the right direction. Thanks so much again for sharing your comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is an excellent place to stay due to the amenities in the room.You can prepare your own meals,store ice cream and other amenities in a full size refrigerator and use the microwave to re-heat or cook frozen food items. Great Location and there is a dishwasher for your use too!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of the many features of our suites and that the kitchen made your stay more comfortable. The spaciousness of our suites along with the complimentary breakfast, dinner (M-Th) and Wi-Fi make the Homewood Suites value unmatched in DC. Thanks so much for your review!
Long Island, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

While I was aware that Homewood Suites offer a complimentary breakfast buffet I did not know until booking that dinner was also available Mon-Thurs. As I would be arriving in D.C. on Thursday evening and was unsure about where I would have dinner, I called prior to traveling to inquire about the complimentary dinner. I was old it was served until 7:00pm. When I mentioned that I would be arriving at about 7:30pm the reception desk immediately offered to have a plate made up for me and even checked the menu for the day in question. I called when I got off Amtrak at Union Station and was again assured that a plate would be ready for me when I arrived. This allowed me to avoid going back out in the cold to find dinner after a day of traveling. I was obviously very pleased with how the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks so much for your review and your very nice comments about our staff! The Homewood Suites team really does enjoy taking care of people, and gestures like the one you described that make our guests feel at home are part of that. I hope you'll return to our hotel on your next trip to Washington!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here for business for one night. The front desk were very nice, and the person in the morning helped me to locate transportation while also giving me a good overview of the streets in DC. The food for dinner/breakfast was okay, not great. The room was clean and spacious. The microwave popcorn was an added touch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you found the staff to be helpful and that you were able to take advantage of our value-added amenities, including the popcorn! Hope to have you back with us again soon.
topeka, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Staff at this hotel have been there for years. That tells you alot about how at home you will feel at this facility. I stay there twice a year for 10 years. My favorite hotel in DC. I stayed at Willard one night recently. I it was very fancy and fun. For one night. I was glad to get back to Homewood though.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so grateful for our loyal, repeat guests--thanks so much for continuing to stay with us!
Philadelphia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had a 2-night reservation, but did not stay in this hotel. Upon entering, lobby looks shabby & reeks of stale food from the buffet area. Booked a non-smoking room & was told only smoking rooms were available upon check-in. Asked if another Hilton property might have some, was told all hotels in the area were "totally booked". I took a look at the "ionized" smoking room-- it stank & the furnishings were threadbare, scuffed & dirty. Spent about 1/2 hour repeatedly asking to be moved to non-smoking room-- they kept showing me different smoking rooms, all of which reeked & were awful. I called the Doubletree around the corner myself, made a new reservation there, & left. As I was waiting for a cab, the manager came out & said he had a non-smoking room after all-- it seemed totally shady. How did this room magically materialize? At that point, I was so frustrated with being run around, I didn't care. This place was awful & I would not recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Marianne_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Washington, DC, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am terribly sorry we were unable to accommodate your request for a non-smoking room. We are typically very careful in managing our inventory, so I am surprised and disappointed that we were unable to do so in your situation. Again, my apologies.

Been to Homewood Suites Washington, DC? Share your experiences!