“Home at Homewood” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
topeka, United States
“Home at Homewood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Staff at this hotel have been there for years. That tells you alot about how at home you will feel at this facility. I stay there twice a year for 10 years. My favorite hotel in DC. I stayed at Willard one night recently. I it was very fancy and fun. For one night. I was glad to get back to Homewood though.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Marianne_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We are so grateful for our loyal, repeat guests--thanks so much for continuing to stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had a 2-night reservation, but did not stay in this hotel. Upon entering, lobby looks shabby & reeks of stale food from the buffet area. Booked a non-smoking room & was told only smoking rooms were available upon check-in. Asked if another Hilton property might have some, was told all hotels in the area were "totally booked". I took a look at the "ionized" smoking room-- it stank & the furnishings were threadbare, scuffed & dirty. Spent about 1/2 hour repeatedly asking to be moved to non-smoking room-- they kept showing me different smoking rooms, all of which reeked & were awful. I called the Doubletree around the corner myself, made a new reservation there, & left. As I was waiting for a cab, the manager came out & said he had a non-smoking room after all-- it seemed totally shady. How did this room magically materialize? At that point, I was so frustrated with being run around, I didn't care. This place was awful & I would not recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Marianne_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Washington, DC, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am terribly sorry we were unable to accommodate your request for a non-smoking room. We are typically very careful in managing our inventory, so I am surprised and disappointed that we were unable to do so in your situation. Again, my apologies.
Virginia Beach VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

My daughter just moved back to the District and lives next door. This Homewood was fabulous. I stay in a lot of hotels and can seemingly always find something not up to snuff but not here. The price was much lower than I expected and the room was far nicer than I expected. My room (504) had a separate bedroom, a pretty much full size kitchen even with a full size refrigerator and dishwasher. Obviously Homewood nailed the location and this is just a 5 or 6 block stroll to the White House. Metro is close but not as many grocery options as say by Union Station or something. Parking? Well this is a place where there isn't any. Don't even think about trying to find street parking because it is always full. Not sure I have ever seen an empty spot in DC ever.
Parking is about $45 a night with excellent and fast valet service. Yeah, that is a lot but suck it up and don't whine.

Very friendly staff. The free breakfast and coffee was wonderful. A nice selection of both hot and cold foods plus a wide assortment of fruits and such. I scarfed down some scrambled eggs, sausage, and home fires. Washed that down with coffee and OJ. Wifi is FREE and works really, really well. Nice televisions and decent bathrooms. I liked this and am sure I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Westchester County, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We are a family with one infant and one small child and the accommodations and price were excellent. A crib was already in our room upon check-in and we were so happy with the kitchen and having two rooms. We were within walking distance of major Washington DC tourist areas and within the immediate area of the hotel were a huge assortment of excellent restaurants! Thanks so much!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Abingdon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel staff was absolutely incredible! It is truly customer service I will never forget. From the time we checked in, to valet the car, to the room, to the check out process - customer service was impeccable. And a special shout out to Marium the Valet Man! He is truly an asset to the Homewood!

Ridgeland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was stranded in DC due to the recent winter storm, and the Homewood Staff performed exceptionally. From the cleaning service to the meal service to the front desk staff, everyone was great in helping a stressful situation into a blessing. Thank you Homewood Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Marianne_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Washington, DC, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind words about the service you received during the storm last week. I know it was a stressful situation for you and for many of our guests, and I'm delighted my team was able to help you relax a little! I will be sure to pass your comments along to the staff, and I know I speak for all of us when I say how much we appreciate them. We look forward to seeing you when you return to Washington!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I would like to compliment all of the staff at Homewood Suites in Washington DC. I was here for a week and a half, with an extended stay of 3 days due to my flights being cancelled with the winter storm. I have stayed all around the world but your staff were the friendlist and most 'human'I have encountered, and I particularly needed it given the stress of my flight delay and not being able to get home to New Zealand. Some examples are
- the housekeeping staff always smiled and seemed kind and warmhearted
- the staff who would get hold of taxis etc always smiled and seemed to love their job; and helped me find the place to plugmy earphones on the treadmill without noting it was obvious and i should have been able to see it myself!
- when I had to extend my stay the staff worked out a way for me to be charged a lower rate similar to that I was booked on, without me even asking
- the staff serving dinner came and offered me a larger cup of non-alcoholic beverage without me asking

But the main overall thing is staff seemed genuinely pleased to be there, to help; and this is very rare in hotels around the world. This must be due to them as individuals but also the management. I don't know what it is you are doing differently there, but it is excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I must tell you my very average day just became a whole lot better after reading your review. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge my team and their efforts last week during the storm that temporarily paralyzed the city. We really do care about our guests and enjoy what we do, and it's so lovely to know that it shows!! I will look forward to sharing your comments with my team--we are all grateful for your kind words. We look forward to having you back with us when you're ready to make the long journey back to DC.

Been to Homewood Suites Washington, DC? Share your experiences!