“Clean, quiet, and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

2X Points Package
Ranked #53 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Clean, quiet, and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! The other reviews are correct when they say good things about this place. This suite may be a little older than some, but it's clean, quiet, and comfy. Really nice beds. Small bathroom but nice shower. Plenty of towels. Two great TV's, one in small living room area, the other in the bedroom. See my photos. Closet space is good, with ironing board and iron, hair dryer. A little learning time needed to adjust room temp, but works well. Kitchenette with microwave, 2 burner electric stove, full sized fridge, dishwasher, small single sink, nice supply of dishes, coffee maker and toaster. Small counter for your computer or for eating in kitchen area. USA Today at your door. Good breakfast in ground floor dining area (egg omelet, sausage,toast, cereal, fruit, milk or juice). Fitness room is a bit small and it's windowless, about 20 by 25 feet, but appears to have plenty of free-weights and treadmills. Close to White House and monuments. Nice neighborhood for walking and seeing old townhouse architecture. I hate big noisy crowded frantic cities like DC, but really like this hidden quiet hotel gem. Front desk staff very nice. Lady named Tee very helpful and cheerful. 10 min walk to Whole Foods and CVS. I would stay here again. Bravo to Hilton! This place makes the fancy Hilton Anatole in Dallas look bad!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Marianne_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Washington, DC, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience and all the positives about your stay with us! I'm so glad that you found us to be an oasis in the city. Despite our very central location, we are situated in such a way that the hotel is quiet which allows for a great nights sleep. And you are very kind to acknowledge Tee...she is the picture of hospitality and loves taking care of our guests.

We look forward to having you back with us when you're back in our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Friendliness of staff was highlight of my visit. Food & beverage were great. Room was spacious and private, although the couches and carpeting were outdated. Room was promptly cleaned daily. I would stay here again without a question.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks so much for your response and your nice comments about the hotel. I'm especially pleased that you found the staff to be friendly--we really do aim to please! And the good news about the sleep sofas is that they have been ordered and will be in later this year, which our entire team is very excited about.

Thanks again, and hope to have you back with us again soon.
Warrenton, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Best bang for the buck. The rooms are huge clean, modern, had two flat screens televisons,, free breakfast and dinner and they were great meals.. Saved a fortune on food. Now I look for Homewood Suites every time I travel...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your response--I'm so glad we've created a new fan of the Homewood Suites brand!! Our large suites and complimentary food and beverage offerings make us a great value for both business and family travel.

I hope to have you back with us again!
Webster, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Clean comfortable suite, excellent staff, quiet, and close to the Metro. The breakfast is good and the week night dinner surprisingly well done. The only gripe is that the coffee is not very good. We will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks so much for your nice comments! I'm delighted you were pleased with our location and food and beverage offerings (minus the coffee...sorry!). We look forward to having you back with us.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a single Saturday night here so we could attend a banquet in town.

The 1 bedroom suite was smaller than what I've seen in other Homewood Suites locations, but this is reasonable, I think, given the central, urban location of this property. Other than the size, the suite was in line with my expectations based on stays at many other Homewood Suites.

The entire suite was clean.

The bathroom was fine, although the towels were probably ready for replacement (they were a little thin.

The bed was comfortable, as was the living room furniture. Both televisions worked properly and were the appropriate sizes for the living room and bedroom.

There wasn't much of a view from the room's window, but our stay wasn't long enough to appreciate it anyway.

Breakfast was typical fare for a Homewood Suites--hot and cold buffet with juice and coffee. The seating area for breakfast is small. A nearby meeting room is available for overflow, but signage for it could be better. Breakfast at 9:00AM on a Sunday morning was VERY busy. As a consequence, finding a table was difficult, and finding a clean one was impossible (we just used moistened napkins to clean our table.

Valet parking is convenient and, at $40 per night, not unreasonable given the location. If you are staying on the weekend, you may be able to find parking on the small street in front of the hotel (it's free to park there on weekends). The valet service seemed a little understaffed--after I checked in, I looked outside and noticed that my car was still sitting in front of the hotel with the driver's door hanging open and the keys inside. I asked the person behind the counter to please keep an eye on my car until someone at least locked it. He seemed pretty horrified and found a valet immediately.

A one bedroom suite at this hotel would comfortably sleep a family of four (two adults in the king size bed in the bedroom and two children on the fold-out sofa in the living room), which, along with the free breakfast, makes it a fairly good option for a family visit to Washington.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thanks for your review--I really appreciate your specific feedback. I'm glad you found your suite to be clean and comfortable, and that the suite and meal offerings provided everything you needed. I am terribly sorry about the situation with your car, but I'm glad someone was horrified. Our valet team is very experienced, so to be honest that surprised me a bit.

It sounds like you were here in the middle of the very popular spring break/Cherry Blossom time period, which is why breakfast was difficult to navigate. We're always looking for ways to improve that experience during busy times, and better signage may be helpful--thank you for that.

Hope to have you back with us soon--thanks again for your feedback.
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was excellent for its price. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with 2 beds and a sofa bed and kitchenette in the other room. Simple buffet dinners are available almost every night. Breakfast is included and was quite good. The rooms were in good condition. The gym is small but had everything I needed.
The kitchenette had everything we needed as well as a dishwasher. A Whole Foods is a 5 min walk away.
I would definitely recommend this hotel especially considering the price!
The front desk was top notch!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your experience about your stay...I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much! You noted that it was a good value when you stayed in December, and that certainly can be excellent time to find good rates and avoid some of the museum crowds. Having a suite and taking advantage of our complimentary food and beverage offerings can only add to the all-around great deal!

Thank you again for your feedback!
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I checked in for a one-night business trip. The place was clean and comfy. I was dissapointed by the manager's dinner reception so I got food across the street at the deli. It was convenient to the metro. I skipped breakfast the next morning since I was going to have breakfast at my meeting. I forgot my toothbrish and toothpaste and the night staff person was wonderful. Very friendly and personable. I had a great night's sleep. Would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I'm so happy to get so many reviews about how clean the hotel is...our housekeeping crew really is extraordinary....thank you for that! And considering our urban location, this is a very quiet hotel--the street noise is minimal and it does allow for a good night's sleep.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

Been to Homewood Suites Washington, DC? Share your experiences!