“Great location and wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Washington DC Downtown

You added Residence Inn Washington DC Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Washington DC Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1199 Vermont Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #68 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Great location and wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

First, we arrived in DC early and checked in the hotel and was accommodated right away. The hotel is centrally located. We walked to the White House and Lincoln Memorial. Metro is 2 blocks away.Taxis are accessible.CVS is next door.The room is clean, comfortable and spacious with a full sized kitchen though the furnitures are a bit dated.
Hats off to Mr.Imtiaz Ahmed the General Manager and his staff for doing a phenomenal job.It was great to see them catering to their guests at breakfast.It was a complimentary breakfast with variety of healthy selections.
We would definitely go back to this hotel! GS -NYC

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor- very quiet!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This will be my hotel from now on when I go to DC. The location is perfect. You can walk to the convention center in 10 minutes. It is a 3 block walk from the Metro. CVS is next door. The area feels safe for DC. It is busy but not nearly as bad as other areas I have stayed at. DC is a noisy city, so you will hear street noise at night. My room had plenty of windows and nature light. It was one of the better sized studio rooms I have stayed in.

The staff was wonderful. Not only are they friendly, but I felt that they went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I was traveling with my 18 year old daughter and due to weather problems I had to send her on a flight ahead of me to DC. The hotel worked with me, so I could get her checked in without me. They were amazing. I really appreciate the staff making sure she was taken care of. Every day when I walked by the front desk they addressed me my name.

The food for breakfast was very good and there was a large variety to choose from. I stayed 8 days and never ate the same thing for breakfast. I went to the dinner on Monday night. The food was amazing. The potato salad was one of the best potato salads I have ever had. The options available were impressive. I wished I could have joined them for dinner on Tuesday and Wednesday, but judging by the evaluator talk the next morning, the food must have been equally as impressive.

1 negative is no pool or hot tub. After working all day, sitting in a hot tub would have been great. Outside of that, my stay was perfect.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1009.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel on Vermont Ave is new! First night of guests was february 18th and it is aweome!!!! So great for running on the Mall for business traveler, but will come stay for family weekend. Can wlk to white house, metro, mall/smithsonian and never need a cab. Amazing clean good breakfast included and nice helpful staff. Not sure why any reviews are negative or reflect before hotel opened.

Room Tip: Just pack bathing suit for pool plung.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been staying at this location once a week for the last year. The service is excellent, comfortable rooms, and delicious breakfast. The front desk and breakfast crew have been great to me. Even though the price is a little high, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were in DC for a volleyball tournament. Somehow we stumbled upon this deal to stay for $109/night, when our teammates were paying >$200. When we saw our studio-apartment sized room we were thrilled! They advertise a continental breakfast, but it is much more than that: eggs, waffles, oatmeal, etc. The bellman even directed us where we could park for free for 3 days....I think we ended up making money on this deal! Everyone was so cordial and helpful, too.

Room Tip: A good bit of street noise so higher floors Are better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

For business or touring, this is a very well located hotel. Easy access to the metro as well. A 24 hour pharmacy/convenience store right next door. Within walking distance of many offices, museums and restaurants. Each studio unit has a full well-equipped kitchen. You can easily heat up leftover meals or buy microwavable convenience meals right next door. Only negative is that no room has a king size bed.

Room Tip: There are no king size beds so if bed size is important, two separate beds might be better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Chose this hotel over the Inauguration weekend to utilize the kitchen while in town with family and standard with Residence Inns, for complimentary internet and breakfast. My review is two-sided as a guest and as a platinum elite member. As a platinum Marriott member, there was very little recognition; none if you don't count the "would you like points or a snack" at check-in. Despite it being a busy weekend, bigger rooms showed up as available on their website and I was never offered an upgrade. The front desk insisted the Marriott website was wrong. This is the very first Marriott hotel where I received no note, no small gift and/or no upgrade as a platinum elite member.

Outside of that huge disappointment, the hotel worked for my family. Location is 2 to 3 blocks from McPherson Sq Metro Station, next door to CVS and surrounded by retail and various restaurants. We took the train into the city to avoid traffic and it was about a 15 minute, $10 taxi ride (not incl tip or pax) from Union Station. We walked a few blocks to the White House and utilized the metro every day. Our room on the 9th floor was clean, appointed like most Residence Inns and spacious for a queen studio. There are no king beds in this hotel. Street noise was constant so I definitely don't recommend this hotel for light sleepers. I fell asleep to the noise and it woke me up early, but didn't keep me awake at night. Wi-fi was frustrating, especially in this day and age when staying connected is a priority for most. I ended up using my iphone as a hotspot for most of our time in the room.

Service, service, service...is the only reason I rated this hotel 4, very good and not a 3, average. Had a concern prior to my stay and Veva, one of the service managers, was very helpful. There was another manager, male-I can't remember his name, who was non-responsive to calls and voicemail but thank goodness for Veva. Front desk service was average, but the service at breakfast and housekeeping were top-notch over the busy weekend. Most notable was service in the breakfast room. There was always a little crowd in the room, but trays and dishes were plentiful. If you even looked like you were looking for something, at least 2 different people asked if they could help you find it. Smiles were abundant. There was a lady or gentleman in there everyday that mingled with the guests and checked on everyone. During one of our meals, the gentleman even brought us napkins for "just in case." A small, yet very thoughtful gesture for a meal with my kids. Their service gave a great start to our days there.

All in all, an average hotel. If I don't want or need the kitchen amenities, I will probably choose the Marriott-Metro Center or JW Marriott for my next stay. They are also in a great location and a little closer if you are in the area for anything in the National Mall or the Verizon Center. Also, if you are an elite member, they go the extra mile for you.

Room Tip: Light sleepers may want to ask for a room farthest from the street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Washington DC Downtown? Share your experiences!