“Awesome - Agree that Beds need updating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Washington/Dupont Circle

You added Residence Inn Washington/Dupont Circle to your Saves list
Residence Inn Washington/Dupont Circle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2120 P Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #60 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome - Agree that Beds need updating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

The location is great - the front desk staff were always nice and accomodating. rooms are great if you have two teenagers that don't want to sleep in the same room as their parents.

The beds are awful and sink in the middle. However, other than that, no compliants. Great neighborhood and VERY close to metro. Would go back again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
chennai. India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 04 nights in Jun10 with a colleague. The suite we chose had two bedrooms, two toilets, a living area and a functional kitchen. The hotel offers awesome breakfast, high speed internet and evening Manager's reception- all too good and very convenient. Location is perfect- 02 minutes from the Red line Metro and very well poised to walk around different locations- shopping, food, sightseeing.
Overall, I will recommend this to any one who comes as group of 03-05 as the rooms are large, very comfortable and you are assured of Marriott's hospitality..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Best service I have ever received at any Marriott stay. The location was exceptionally good. The breakfast and dinner offering were outstanding. But they lost one star for poor beds. I believe renovation are scheduled for this summer. Call and ask before you book. Very good.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Mukilteo, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I called several days before our arrival to request a rollaway. We checked in late at night and were told there were no rollaways - "maybe" one would become available over the week we were to be there. Our room was on the 9th floor of a 10 floor building. The street was full of people partying all night long and we could hear everything! In the morning we looked and our window was stuck partially open. When I went to take a shower at 8 am - the water was lukewarm at best. We stay at Marriott hotels exclusively. My husband is a platinum member. This hotel is not up to Marriott standards. After one miserable night, we went to the Residence Inn on Vermont Avenue. When we left Dupont Circle Residence Inn, we noticed a sign that said while it operated under Marriott, it was not Marriott owned. We could see the difference immediately when we checked in at the Vermont Ave Residence Inn. It was also a full $100 LESS per night for a hotel that was superior in every way.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I travel frequently for business and always try to stay at Marriott properties because I always have a good experience. This stay however was extremely disappointing. I arrived for a 5 night stay late on a Sunday afternoon. The desk clerk was okay, neither overly pleasant nor rude. She was helpful with information about local restaurants and grocery stores but I did not get the usual acknowledgement for being a Marriott Rewards member (Gold level). There were so many things wrong that its just easier to list them:

1. I was given a room right next to the elevator and facing an alley
2. Refrigerator hummed loudly the entire week. (One of my colleagues told me the refrigerator in her room was so loud she eventually unplugged it) I bought salad greens, a tomato and cucumber to make a salad on Sunday. On Monday evening I pulled these same items out of the refrigerator (not the freezer) and found them frozen and inedible. I dumped the items down the garbage disposal which was so loud it sounded like a mack truck and shock the entire countertop.
3. Light over the bathroom vanity hummed loudly when turned on
4. Fitness center is a joke. Contained an elliptical machine, two treadmills of which one could not be used because it sounded like a pile driver when you started it; a nautilas machine with a broken seat (potential for injury); no free weights; no disinfectant or wipes to wipe down the equipment after use
5. Phantom channel changing on the television - I'd be watching television and all of a sudden the channel would change by its self. I thought I was losing my mind until a co-worker explained that it was from someone changing the channel in a nearby room (probably in the room next door)
6. Very uncomfortable bed
7. Furniture was old, dingy, and beat up
8. Room received a cursory cleaning at best every day (microwave not cleaned, stains on floor, room not vaccumed) and was never cleaned at all on the last night of my stay. I left my room at 8:00am and returned to my room at 8:30pm on my last night to find my room the same way I left it that morning (bed unmade, dirty wet towels, etc.) I did call the front desk to complain. They offered to have someone come and clean my room. I told them to forget it, I had work to do and was tired. The clerk apologized and said he would inform the manager. He also offered to bring me some fresh sheets if I wanted to change the linens. Again I declined. I was just through with this place by then.

The only upside is the hotel's location. Its just a few minutes walk to the Metro and there are lots of restaurants in the area. Nevertheless I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Southern CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed for 4 days in early April. good location, 2 minutes walk to Metro. a lot of place to eat near the hotel. No pools. On the second day, we went back to hotel around 5 PM and the room was not cleaned yet. ask the front desk, they said too many room and do not have enough people to clean. Funny reason..... overall, location is great and price is much better than other locations near the mall. So it is good choice for us with 2 kids.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

Our family of 5 just returned from a four night stay at the Residence Inn. We were very pleased with the hotel and would recommend it.

For a family, you can't beat the layout with a separate bedroom for the adults and two TV's so kids can watch their own show at night. The bed was comfortable, too. We didn't use the kitchen, but it's nice to have as a way to save on your food budget. The included breakfast was fine, too. There's not a huge assortment, but enough to fill you up. Our room faced the street and we could hear street noise occasionally. If you're a light sleeper, you may want to consider ear plugs.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

There is one computer available with free internet access (we didn't bring laptops) which was nice to use for buying tickets online, etc..

The Dupont Circle area is a great place to stay. It's very safe and there are tons of restaurants and shops to choose from. The subway was 3 blocks away - 5 minute walk.

I'd stay there again.