“Very accomodating hotel for business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Washington Embassy Row

You added Courtyard Washington Embassy Row to your Saves list
Courtyard Washington Embassy Row
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 Rhode Island Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #73 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very accomodating hotel for business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Embassy Row and was overall very impressed. The lobby has plenty of seating options and working space, and they have a tiny market with some food options. There is also an adjoining restaurant Nage that is pretty good (high price point for the food options). My group appreciated the fruit-infused water in the lobby at all times (orange in one and lemon in the other), as it was above 90 degrees everyday. I shared a corner room with three others and it was HUGE! Definitely larger than we expected for a city hotel room. The room had two double beds and a sleeper sofa. They have some refrigerators that you could request at check-in, however we were unable to get one. The bathroom was tiny but adequate, with the sink outside of the bathroom. The only major complaint that I have for this room is that the beds aren't comfortable. I knew I wasn't going to get my Tempurpedic, but a spring mattress? My back was constantly in pain, however we were there for 6 nights. Others may not be as sensitive to this issue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GstServiceManager, Manager at Courtyard Washington Embassy Row, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback in regards to our amenities and rooms. However, I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our beds. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our property, and comments such as yours go a long way to help facilitate this. Again, we greatly appreciate the feedback and praise, and we hope to see you again on your next DC trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Ullin, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My sister and I were happy with the our travel agent's hotel choice from the time we entered the hotel. The hotel is located on Scott Circle. The staff were always helpful and courteous. I used a Debit Card and had $100 held on my card. It really helped to have this explained to me. Our room was clean, spacey, and comfortable. Looked like the hotel may be doing some room remodeling. It is always hard for me to sleep at hotels, but this bed were great. If you use the Hop on/Hop off Big Bus, the stop is just around the corner about two blocks at the Mayflower Hotel. There are many restaurants with in walking distance that do not appear on the Internet.

Room Tip: When using a Debit Card know that the hotel will have a security hold of $100 on your card.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you were satisfied with your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Embassy Row. Your comfort is our number one priority, and we are overjoyed that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope to see you in the near future.

Thank you!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

When I arrived, I was excited because I thought based on room location that I would have a quiet, out of the way room; however, my windows over-looked a very noisy alley. There is nothing like what I assume are deliveries at both 10:30 PM and 5:30 AM (while I understand the deliveries may not have been to the hotel, I am not sure it matters). What was even more disappointing about my noisy alley view was that there was almost no natural light allowed in, and inadequate room lighting to account for it.

If you can get over noise and poor lighting, the accommodations were fine - comfortable bed, decent sized room, appropriate water temperature and pressure. The restaurant downstairs is awesome - I used to dine here for lunch often when I lived and worked in DC. I may give Courtyard Washington Embassy Row another chance, but I had a better experience during my last hotel stay in DC, when I stayed in the Doubletree that is almost across the street (just on the other side of Scott Circle)...

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First off, we would like to thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Embassy Row for your DC travels, and for your kind words about our restaurant. That being said, we are immensely disappointed to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have just checked out of this friendly hotel. As soon as we arrived check-in was faultless and we were given a room. The room was large enough for a family of four and of a similar standard to a Holiday Inn in the UK. There were plenty of towels and on request you could ask for extra shampoo as there wasn't enough. There were coffee facilities in the room and a bottle of water which again wasn't much for four people but extra could be requested. The room seemed clean but we did find a dirty sock behind a curtain which had been missed! The pool was good but the Jacuzzi was far too hot to sit in. On the plus point the hotel was in an excellent location only a few blocks away from the White House and about 15 walk from the restaurants at The Dupoint Circle. Whilst visiting book a tour around the Capitol Building it is amazing, Georgetown is also within walking distance about 30 minutes and is brilliant for shops and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel as the facilities are good and the staff are so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your business, and for your kind remarks; in the hospitality industry, this kind of praise goes a very long way. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to our staff.

We look forward to serving you again next time your are in DC!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a great hotel and a very good location. Close to Metro, shops, Bars, restaurants and DuPont Circle. Staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable of the area. I think the only drawer back was the parking. I think it was about $30.00 a night..... I parked off site. Pool and Jacuzzi was great. The gym was lacking but the hotel had passes to the YMCA one block away. That place was very large
I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We take pride in our staff and their level of service, so it is wonderful to hear your positive feedback. We truly look forward to seeing you again soon and only improving on your opinion of our property.
Lutz, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Decent location. Good value. Looked like lobby was recently re-modeled. So we were pretty pleased. Then we got to our room. Not so much. Room was large enough but needed some updating, maybe that is next. Since we were not there that much was not a big deal. No bar refrigerator. We were there during a heat wave and a cold bottle of water would have been nice to include in our backpack as we went touristing. Pretty noisy outside. Lots of sirens and honking, but guess that goes with the territory. Did have black out curtains which did help us go back to sleep after we were awakened by the outside noise. Did not eat in the restaurant. Parking was different. You leave them the car keys and they bring the car around. They say give them 20 minutes, but it was usually 10 in our case. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Embassy Row; we are always happy and appreciative to hear complements on our friendly staff. Room renovations are next on our agenda, and we hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit so you can enjoy them!

Thanks so much for your comments!
Bayonne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

had room 213 which over looked the front of the hotel/rhode island ave nw...rooms were adequate for the four of us...clean, no bed bugs as stated in the prior review. the hotel staff was pleasant. would recommend this hotel for a quick stay in D.C. I put poor for kids activities and spa because we didn't use that option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Washington Embassy Row? Share your experiences!