“Superlative!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

Save Saved
You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT GET 10% OFF
Ranked #3 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
“Superlative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Exquisite, four room suite accommodated our family of five with luxury. Included FULL kitchen. Staff eruditely treated us with aplomb. Fantastic location. The staff went above and beyond any possible expectations, truly exhibiting a superlative level of care and information. Absolutely a bargain at twice the price! AAA+!

Room Tip: Get a room elevator adjacent.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear j f,
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that my team went above and beyond any possible expectation. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to your return visit.

Warmest regards,
Diego Heredia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I had the pleasure to spend a few nights at this place in Washington for a business trip. It was on a list of recommendations from our host and had by far the best reviews from all options on the list (and many of the other options were big chain 5* properties at double the price).

The stay was perfect. And the staff lived up to the expectations. From check-in to check-out each member of the staff was friendly, willing to help and always giving me the feeling that they were happy I was their guest.

The rooms are ok. Good size, all the bells and whistles you need. Location for me was perfect. Public transportation around the corner, close to the offices where I had to be, and in walking distance of the white house.

They do a good breakfast service (for american standards that is) and have a small but very nice patio.

What makes this property so good at the end is the value you get for your money. Great location, good rooms, FANTASTIC staff at a reasonable price.

Will I go back? For sure. My next stay in DC will be at Avenue Suites.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good. The only (yes the only) thing I would like to change are the blinds...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear DutchAT,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to DC. I am delighted to learn that you chose us from a list of recommendations provided by your host based on our reviews. I appreciate your wonderful comments about our location, accommodations, value for money and most importantly our service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Vienna.

Kindest regard,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival was greeted by very friendly staff, who as soon as they knew my name, used it for the duration of my stay. I felt like I was actually valued as a visitor and felt they really did care about my comfort and happiness. The room was incredible. Newly furnished with a contemporary feel which was Very modern and spacious. Whenever I travel back to DC, I will most certainly be staying there. If there were anything negative to say, it would only be the parking in DC left a lot to be desired (as to be expected though). Amazing hotel, friendly staff and comfortable room. What else is there to ask for, except a longer stay?

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Ptownoldskool,
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that your experience with us was so memorable. I appreciate your comments about our rooms, decor and most importantly our service. On behalf of everyone at Avenue we look forward to your return visit!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is an amazing place to stay. The staff is warm and engaging, the suites are large and extremely comfortable. The location is ideal and, with a full kitchen and Trader Joe's across the street and Whole Foods within blocks, it makes it easy to eat in! I was here on business but saw families enjoying their stay as well!

Room Tip: although the front rooms can be a bit less quiet, the views and light were great. I did not mind but...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear LLevitt,
Thank you for your recent stay during your business trip to DC. I am thrilled that your stay exceeded your expectations and that our location, accommodations and most importantly our warm and engaging staff had so much to do with that. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Spent 5 nights at Avenue Suites with the whole family. Hotel staff were all friendly and very, very accommodating! Our room/suite was clean, spacious, and comfortable, we felt so at home! There was a well equipped kitchenette. Wifi was free all over the hotel. Just walking distance to all the best shops and restaurants, as well as the monuments area. Will definitely want to stay here again if we ever find ourselves in DC in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear MarilynLT,
Thank you so much for spending five nights we us. I am delighted to learn how much you family enjoyed your time with us and that our accommodations, location and service, all exceeded your expectations. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back from Manila!

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Last time in DC I stayed at One Washington Circle. A great hotel with exec. type suites, but with one big flaw; their aluminum window frames do not close properly and aluminum conducts sound very well, so every police car seems to drive through your bedroom at night!

That is not the case at Avenue Suites Georgetown!! When I first entered the room I was a little hesitant, given I directly faced the crossroads. But no, no noise came into the room and for the two weeks I stayed there I slept like a baby!
There is a well equipped kitchen and a Trader Joe's market opposite of the hotel (open from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM, so get your breakfast in the evening if you need to get to work at 8:00 AM... )
Staff is very helpful, funny as well. Always up for a chat if you feel like it. First night we had a fire alarm - someone pushed something on accident, but still the fire fighters need to inspect the hotel before you are allowed back in. All went very organized and staff were helpful. Fire exit signs are clear and all is well laid out and organized. Always good to know in case something really happens!

In all a pleasant stay, a wonderfully quiet room at the street side with a nice view, close to everything and great staff. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I was right on the street side, 9th floor, and the room was wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Dennis_Bours,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I apologize for the flaws that you described at One Washington which is one of our sister hotels. Thank you for giving Avenue Suites a try. I am glad that your stay exceeded your expectations based on our location, amenities, and service. Thank you also for being so understanding about the fire alarm incident. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return trip to DC.
Avenue Suites
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed for our 5 day visit of the city in one of these spacious suites with our two teen boys and had a great, great time. The rooms are spacious, include a fairly well equipped kitchen (no real coffee machine though, just nespresso which they do provide...). We had breakfast in our pj's before heading out every morning. The Capital Bike Share stand is across the street, and one of the best ways to get around town. We toured the monuments, visited Smithsonian and enjoyed great view from the bike path. Trader Joe's grocery store is also just across the street, and kept us well-supplied with snacks and other amenities.
Highly recommended in the lovely Georgetown area, close to plenty of restaurants and night life, definitely walkable to White House and other attractions. But the bikes are really fun!
Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Lisa M,
Thank you for your recent 5 day visit. I am delighted to learn that your stay was to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed our spacious suites, amenities, location and our service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Canada.
Diego Heredia

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!