“Best in class, location and staff !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
BOOK DIRECT GET 10% OFF
Ranked #4 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
“Best in class, location and staff !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at the Avenue Suites for a week over the 4th of July holiday and to be honest did not want to leave. Five star hotel all around. What are you looking for location, service, room size and comfort, suites, kitchen, a front desk staff that treats you like close family, this place has it all. Five stars is not enough stars to rate this place I would give it 10+ stars if I could. The rooms are huge, more like staying at a freinds condo than a hotel. Trader Joes across the street, 5 min walk to Foggy Bottom metro, Georgetown shopping, waterfront and nightlife a few blocks away. Fantastic view out our huge picture window, we had a high floor so the occasional noise from the streets below was not a problem at all. If you are traveling with your family to visit DC this is the place to stay, unbelievable !!! To top all this off the front desk staff are a collection of the nicest people I think I have ever experienced at a hotel. Always greeting us by name this is a very fun and interesting group of beautiful people who obviously love their job as much as we loved staying there. Special thanks to Trisha, Omar and Mitch and all the staff at this wonderful place to spend time at in DC. Thank you all for a wonderful stay !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear John K,

Thank you for spending for 4th of July Holiday with us! I am thrilled to learn about your experience and that the service provided by my team had such a positive impact. I will have already recognized Trisha, Omer and Mitch for making your stay so enjoyable that you didn’t want to leave. On behalf on my team, we look forward to your return visit.

Diego Heredia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I had just recently stayed for part of our honeymoon here at Avenue Suites Georgetown and we loved it!!! We mentioned we were on our h/m and straight away we were upgraded to an amazing suite. The staff were so friendly and wonderful, we didn't want to leave, we had such a awesome time there. It is in a perfect location for everything, and we will be back for sure...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Anthony P,

Thank you for spending part of your Honeymoon with us! I am delighted to learn that your stay was so wonderful that you didn’t want to leave. On behalf on my team, we look forward to your return visit from Melbourne!

Stevensville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Where do I start with the wonderful attributes of this hotel? From the super friendly and professional staff to the awesome location, it can't be beat, especially for a long stay in DC with kids. We stayed a week with our kids and the room was spacious and comfortable. Walking distance to two metros as well as the circulator bus to the metro was great. Also, having a grocery store across the street was very convenient since we had a full kitchen in our suite. The kitchen is minimally stocked with the basics, especially when it comes to cookware. Curiously no spatula, collander or salad/mixing bowl or cookie sheet--making pizza was a problem because it dripped and set off the alarms. Some of these were provided to me when I asked --and since we live close by my husband was able to bring me some items from home--but I guess they are not standard room items. so if you plan to do a lot of cooking, come prepared or be prepared to ask for items. The bar and restaurant were very nice and had great food. We loved hanging out on the outdoor sofas and just relaxing after a long day of sightseeing. Despite the shortcomings of the kitchen, this was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had in my 30 plus years of traveling and living around the world. We are already making our plans to go back next year for the week. Truly a great place and you can sense the pride and professionalism of the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear kelcarib,

Thank you for your recent visit. I am thrilled that your long stay in DC with your kids was so enjoyable. I do apologize that you didn’t find all the necessary cookware for your needs and hope that this was not a major inconvenience. Please contact me or one of our team members in advance of your next visit so that we can better prepare the kitchen to meet your needs. Thank you for your wonderful comments about this being the best hotel experience in 30 plus years of traveling. On behalf on my team, we look forward to your return visit.

Lexington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I recently spent 5 days in DC with my sister and niece and we stayed at the Avenue Suites, Georgetown. I must say that the hotel was wonderful in every way. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable.The room was large, clean and livable. The location was perfect as we enjoyed Georgetown when we had time off from site seeing. There is a Trader Joe's right across the street which was very convenient for snacks, water, wine or food to cook a meal in the large kitchen in the suite. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and I would recommend it to those visiting D.C.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rickie214,

Thank you for spending 5 days with us while visiting your niece and sister. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay based on our location, cleanliness, price and most importantly our service. On behalf on my team, we look forward to your return visit.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Location is great, walking distance of georgetown and of metro, only 25mins walk to the white house and the mall. Very warm welcome and helpful reception staff. Suite was quite large with a nice big bathroom and an additional sink and vanity unit outside the main bathroom which was great when a group of four were all trying to get ready at the same time. Comfortable beds, aircon effective although a bit noisy.
Adequate bar area with a really nice outside garden area with tables and comfortable couches.
Overall we were very happy with our choice of Avenue Suites

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear hammyhybrid,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am thrilled to learn how much you anjoyed your stay with us. On behalf on my team, we look forward to your return visit.

Dayton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Wow. It you're looking for somewhere to stay, this is the place. It's in the perfect spot. Seck, OMG!!! He is so Amazing! Seck will go out of his way to make sure that you are taking care of. Everyone that works here goes out there way. To the house keeping lady that cleaned our room (Room #605 from 7/12-7/17,)Thank you, you are the best :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear loftenfamily,

Thank you so much for your visit and for your review. We are very proud of Seck, he is amazing. I will make certain that he is recognized accordingly. I am delighted to learn how much you and your family enjoyed your stay. On behalf on my team, we look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel was very clean and modern. The hotel staff was TOP NOTCH!!! They did everything possible to make our stay perfect. The hotel is in a great location right in the middle of all the best retail shops and is walking distance from all of the monuments. The only thing that could have made the stay better would be to have a pool at the hotel, however there is a public pool near by.

Stayed July 2014
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear casi w,

Thank you for your recent stay and for writing your review. I am delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations. I do apologize for not having a pool but hope that my team was able to provide you with some alternative pool options in the area. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Avenue Suites

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!