“Good location but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
BOOK DIRECT GET 10% OFF
Ranked #3 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Quito, Ecuador
“Good location but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The location is great, rooms are huge and the staff is really helpful and kind. However it has several cons... Rooms are a bit noisy (walls are somehow thin) and the kitchen and the bathroom are a little bit outdated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Greetings Meri B,

It is so exciting to know that word of the Avenue Suites has reached all the way to Ecuador! I was pleased to note that you were satisfied with our great location, friendly staff, and large guest rooms. I do understand that our hotel can be a tad noisy at times due to our Pennsylvania Avenue location and urge all guests to e-mail me prior to arrival so I can block them into rooms that face the opposite direction. Please also understand that we are working diligently to plan on ways in which to modernize our full kitchens featured in all of our guest rooms.

Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below so that we can coordinate your next visit with us together.

Thanks for your review,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Have stayed at other hotels in area, this was best by far. Rooms are spacious,hotel staff was great. We especially loved Seck and Mitch, everyone at Avenue Suites was great. Location to Metro was short walk. I will definately come back to this hotel!

Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Barbara M,

Thank you for your 5-Star review of the Avenue Suites here in historic Washington DC. It is great to hear that Seck and I were able to make such a positive impact on your time with us. I have added my e-mail address below so that you can reach out to me directly the next time you are planning a visit to stay at our hotel.

Thanks again,
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I can't imagine a better place for families in Washington, D.C. The hotel is convenient to the Foggy Bottom metro stop, you can walk through the heart of Georgetown from out the front door, and the rooms are spacious enough to allow everyone in the family to spread out and relax after a long day of sightseeing. The kitchen area is equipped for what we needed--morning coffee, breakfast, and snacks. Our family of 4 spent most of our time out and about, so I cannot comment on the bar/restaurant facilities. The staff was always helpful, rooms were kept clean, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to future travelers.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JTCDMS,

It was so great having you and your family here with us at the Avenue Suites! Thank you for sharing your great experience with all of our friends here on TripAdvisor. At the risk of sounding cocky, I too agree that we are the best hotel for families as our large rooms allow for everyone to get some privacy after a long day of DC sightseeing. I urge you to come down to the lobby and eat in our restaurant, The A Bar, the next time you are with us to try their outstanding food and drinks.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon,
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here on a family trip to Washington DC. The location was great - a short walk to the Foggy Bottom metro stop, from where you could get to just about anywhere you wanted to go. The front desk staff was very nice, welcoming, and helpful. The room was spacious, with a kitchenette. The kitchenette was very handy - breakfast is not included in the room rate, so we elected to walk across the street to Trader Joe's and stock up and then breakfasted in the room. The bathroom was clean and there was a very nice, large shower-head. I was a little concerned at first that we might not fit in at the place because there is what appears to be a very hip, trendy-for-twentysomethings type of bar on the first floor, and we are a couple of forty-somethings travelling with a nine-year old, but it was really no issue. There were several other families staying at the property as well. FYI, this property is in walking distance to the White House and the National Mall, which we did on the first day...but I will warn you that if you are not used to the heat and humidity in DC, you might want to reconsider and take advantage of public transportation instead. Anyway, my only real knock against the place was that the mattress on the bed was just too soft for a middle-aged person like me, and I woke up with an aching back every day that we were there. Overall, though, I thought this was a good value if you are looking to explore DC without a car.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DBTNMinneapolis,

We strive to offer the best product in Washington DC and rely heavily on the feedback of experienced TripAdvisor travelers like yourself to help us in this. Our hotel is indeed hip and modern but with the comforts of home. I do agree that our city can get uncomfortably humid at times and usually recommend utilizing our great public transportation system that is offered. I have already passed your comments onto our A Bar staff who were elated to hear that your time in the restaurant was enjoyable.

We look forward to meeting you again here at the Avenue Suites,
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is amazing! It was our home base for 5 nights and we couldn't have asked for more. The decor and amenities - contemporary and more than comfortable as they are - are the least of it! Go to this hotel for the staff. These are the friendliest and most helpful front desk people you will find anywhere. Mitch helped me plan my visit ahead of time, while Seck, Omar, Youness (hope I spelled that right!) and Terry were there to help with anything I needed during my stay. I was ALWAYS greeted with a smile and an enthusiastic "How was your day?". Across the street from Trader Joe's, close to Whole Foods, the White House and the Metro...not to mention mojitos upon arrival...what more could you ask for!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marisa S,

While we always love gloating about our beautiful hotel and our fabulous location, it is our staff that truly makes us such a special location here in Washington DC. Omar, Seck, Youness, and Thierry are the best front-lines staff I could ever ask for and love hearing that you appreciated their hard work and dedication. Please give me a call the next time you are planning to visit the Avenue Suites so I can personally make your reservation on your behalf.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,
phone: 202-464-5609
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here last week and it was perfect. The welcome was amazing from Mitch and Seck but this also extended to all the staff. I have stayed in many other hotels but can't recall any where the cleaners were also smiling! In the room there was free coffee, quiet aircon and great beds and free wifi. The short stroll to Georgetown and Foggy Bottom metro plus local food and drink outlets made for a perfect location. There were also free drinks in late afternoon which were very refreshing after all the walking on the Mall _ thanks Omar. Also liked the cool bar _ thanks Andrew. Seck claims it's the best hotel in DC _ I am sure there are more elaborate and expensive ones_ the Avenue would definitely top my list.
Georgetown is a beautiful place, the Metro easy to use _ favourite building was Library of Congress.

• Stayed June 2013
andymsheffield,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at the Avenue Suites. It is great to hear that Seck and I were able to make such a positive impact on your time in Washington DC. Yes - our housekeeping staff are certainly the happiest in the city and loved reading your great post. Mojito Hour is the newest feature of our hotel and agree that a refreshing cocktail is the best way to cool down after a long day of DC sightseeing. Please shoot me an e-mail the next time you are planning to visit the city so I can ensure it is another fantastic one.

Thanks again,
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Everyone in the hotel was so friendly and helpful to our family of 5. Seck, at the front desk went above and beyond for us. He always had a smile on his face and was ready to help with anything we needed. Our room was VERY spacious and comfortable, especially for 2 adults and 3 kids. We definitely made the right choice in hotels and will stay there again when we come back and visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Elizabeth286,

It is wonderful to hear that your time with us at the Avenue Suites was so memorable. You are 100% correct that Mr. Seck is the friendliest guy in town and always has the biggest smile on his face. I have passed your comments onto him and he has not stopped talking about it since! We look forward to your next visit with us here at the Avenue Suites.

Best wishes,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!