“Apartment hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Now and Receive 10%
Ranked #5 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
New Zealand
“Apartment hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Good option for family groups. Very good and pleasant staff. Lovely rooms with bedroom and lounge. Nice decor. Full kitchen with oven and dishwasher. Trader Joes across road. Good restaurants close by. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
SGGNZ,

Nothing feels better than getting great feedback from experienced travelers such as yourself. You are correct that our oversized guest rooms are indeed apartment-sized and even include full kitchens in them. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below for all future reservations so I can ensure you are properly taken care of moving forward.

Best wishes,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Shelbyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My son, husband, and I stayed at the Avenue Suites for three nights from April 11-14, 2013, after I read up (on Trip Advisor) on hotels and restaurants in the Georgetown area. I made my reservations for Avenue Suites and compiled a small list of restaurants I thought sounded like us. I wanted to like this hotel because its location is perfect for when we come to see my son who will be attending Georgetown University for the next two years. I was not disappointed and do plan to return—bringing the wooden hanger that my husband inadvertently (I swear!) put in the car with his shirt attached.

I found that the fine men who man the front desk are as wonderful as the reviews made them out to be. I showed them my restaurant selections, and they taught me how to get there—even taking me outside and pointing me in the right direction when I made clear I was (and remain) directionally challenged. Not only did they tell me how to get there, but also they told me my restaurant selections were good ones—and they were right. Filomena and Marcel’s were amazing and so conveniently located. Most important, I e-mailed Mitch Turow the morning we left that I wanted a high, quiet room in the back, and he assured me quite quickly that there would be no problem, so it was nice to start out on the 9 ½-hour drive knowing that my request was received and would be granted. We were in 902—just what I wanted. Just to add to my credibility when I say how wonderful the service was at Avenue Suites, I want readers to know that while I am not a Four Seasons kind of woman, I have stayed at deluxe Disney resorts on property over 50 times, at the Halekulani, and at The Hutton in Nashville several times—all known for their excellent service—and I think the service at the Avenue Suites rivals them all.

As always, location location location is huge. When I come back for longer stays, I will get a ticket for the Metro, but we took a taxi to the Holocaust Museum the first day and a taxi to the Spy Museum the second day—both trips about 10 bucks each way, including a 20% tip. When making my reservation, I had in mind a short walk for my son to GU’s Open House, and it was a 20-minute walk—perfect. Georgetown is a lovely shopping area with wonderfully diverse restaurants, so I highly recommend Avenue Suites for its location.

Now for the deluxe queen room itself: I thought 902 was very quiet, except the doors all along the hall slam loudly when people enter and leave. I am also mechanically challenged, so I’m not sure if that can ever be remedied, but that is my only complaint—and I don’t think that’s a big deal. Many on Trip Advisor have said the kitchen is dated, but ours was fine. I liked its retro look with the black-and-white checked tiles. I don’t want to spend a lot of time in a kitchen; I’m on vacation! After a visit to Trader Joe’s for fruit and other breakfast thingies, we found the kitchen handy. Using the microwave to heat up leftovers from Filomena, where my husband’s dish made for two more meals, was quite nice. I drew the short straw, so I slept on the sofa bed, while my husband and son each slept in a queen. I don’t want anyone to think I was being a saint and martyr, however. I thought my bed was very comfortable, and I was the one that had to be kicked out of bed every day to go sightseeing, while I’m the first one up at home. I really liked the contemporary décor, the L’Occitane products, and the shower head; it was like The Hutton, except with A LOT more room. Finally, I had read that the air conditioner wasn’t reliable. We were there on a toasty weekend, and the room was a lovely 69-70 degrees.

Room Tip: E-mail or call Mitch Turow, telling him your preference.
Greetings Melissa M,

I love reading when our guests read up about us on TripAdvisor and then decide to come join us here at the Avenue Suites. Your detailed response about your time with us means the world to me and all of our staff members. Your recommendation to reach out to me directly prior to arrival is exactly right and I urge all guests to shoot me a message before they arrive so I can ensure their requests are met prior to arrival.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Best wishes,
Buda, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently stayed at Avenue Suites with my family and we really enjoyed our stay there. The staff could not have been friendlier and more helpful! From the moment we we arrived and were warmly greeted by Seck at the front desk, to Mitch the Concierge making helpful restaurant recommendations, to Manny setting us up with travel to BWI airport we felt so at home here.

The suite was awesome as well. Very modern and cosmopolitan. You should go!

Room Tip: The suites are great. Sofa bed was very comfortable too.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Sandogg66,

Well, who doesn't like being called "the best!?" Thank you so much for your praise about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. I must agree that Seck is a fantastic service provider and a great representative for our hotel. Please reach out to me at the e-mail address below so I can make sure your next visit is perfect.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed for a week in mid-April: upgraded suite, pleasant patio off lobby with faux hedge greenery, outfitted well with full kitchen and split full bath. Flatscreen HDTVs with HDMI ports for watching Doctor Who in evenings if you're not into Washington night life.

Minor quibbles: plumbing was rubbish and automatic dishwasher alarmingly loud. Housekeeping occasionally missed kitchen trash removal, detergent renewal, dish towel changeout.

Catholic church adjacent rings Angelus twice a day; not bothersome compared to endless police and ambulance sirens and Type-A annoyed drivers honking—but this is Big City life, deal with it.

Pretty much due north of Lincoln Memorial, 15 min. walk along 23rd St. NW.

Trader Joe's across Pennsylvania Ave and Whole Foods a 12-minute walk away adjacent to Foggy Bottom/George Washington University Metro station.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Greetings Alex_Templeton,

Thank you for your detailed response about your recent stay with us here at the Avenue Suites. We love hearing both positive and negative feedback as we are still working towards our high-level service goals and use TripAdvisor as a great tool to work towards it. I have passed your housekeeping experiences onto the staff to ensure that it does not occur to any further guests. I would love the chance to get to speak with you a little more detail so I can make sure I get all of the information correct to make the appropriate modifications.

I have provided my phone number below in hopes of getting the chance to touch base with you soon.

phone: 202-464-5609
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in business in d.c. Its location is suberb walking distance to everything and foggy bottom train station is so so close. The staff is very courteuos and helpful. The rooms are big with a small kitchen that provides everything you might need.The only down side is the expensive restaurant but who cares with endless and way better options nearby its a crime to spend money eating there. Overall a great stay with a suberb location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Anyelikk,

It is great to hear that you continue return to stay with us here at the Avenue Suites. We appreciate your feedback about our restaurant and are continuing to brainstorm about the direction we want it to go in for the future. Please reach out to me directly for your next reservation so I can thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all of our friends here on TripAdvisor.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Avenue Suites exceeded our expectations. We were visiting DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival and also our daughter who is a student at George Washington University. The Avenue staff was professional, attentive and genuinely cared about our experience. The suite was spacious, nicely decorated and very comfortable; it included a large sitting room, separate bedroom and bath area, and a full-size kitchen in the suite as well. A large desk in the sitting area provided a great work space; we truly were made to feel at home during our three day visit.

The hotel has a very nice bar/lounge where we enjoyed cocktails by the outdoor fire pit; meals are available inside the lounge and the breakfast is very nice as well. Excellent service overall.

The Avenue is a short walk from Georgetown, Foggy Bottom Metro, and GWU.

We would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to DC.

Catherine M,

It was so nice having you and your family with us during the 2013 Cherry Blossom Festival. While they were delayed due to extended cold weather, they were certainly worth the wait and the city has been lively every since. I have passed your kudos onto the entire Avenue Suites staff who were thrilled to hear that you were so happy with their great customer service. We are very much looking forward to your next visit with us!

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We got just what we wanted from Avenue Suites. It’s in a great location – turn left when you walk out the door and you’re in chic Georgetown in five minutes or so, turn right and you’re at Foggy Bottom Metro station in about the same time. Just cross the road for Trader Joe’s. There are several good restaurants within walking distance too. The suites are spacious and easily allowed us to self-cater for breakfast and lunch, which is just what we wanted to do to get maximum time for sightseeing. The bed was large and comfortable, although the furnishings as a whole were rather dated. There are two coin-op washing machines and dryers in the basement. And a special mention for the reception staff - they could not have been more helpful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Y0rker,
It is great to hear that your stay with us at the Avenue Suites was so memorable and that you returned to the UK safely. I have passed your kudos on to our front desk team who were elated to hear how satisfied you were with their service. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are planning to visit so I can ensure your visit is perfect once again.

e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!