Had a wonderful trip to DC and many, many thanks to the exceptional front desk staff. I will give this hotel 3 stars though because I would rate some physical characteristics of the hotel as good and some as poor.
On the good side:
- Location. Easy walk (5-8 minutes) to Foggy Bottom metro. Also easy walk to shops and restaurants in Georgetown.
- Trader Joe's is across the street. I had never been to a Trader Joe's and was incredibly impressed with the fresh soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts, etc. that make for a perfect meal after a day of sight-seeing.
- Service. The staff are terrific and very responsive.
- Bedroom, living room, and bathroom were updated nicely. Some maintenance issues are needed in these areas though such as a bathroom faucet being backwards, missing magnified mirror, etc. Still overall in good condition.
- Quiet hotel but ask for a room that does not face the street if you are not used to city-noise.
- Full size appliances are good to have for a family. Liked the Keurig coffee maker too.
- Kitchens are in very poor condition with some electrical and plumbing issues (garbage disposals shorting out, stove burner not connected securely, facet very stiff). Also, floor tiles were peeling up; cupboards were very outdated; and counters chipped. Overall, needs a full reno on the kitchens.
- Breakfast food in the restaurant was poor. Bacon was burned, french toast hard as a rock, yogurt overly sweet and the "fruit" in it was one strawberry cut in 4. Don't waste your money on the restaurant. Just go to Trader Joe's and pay less for better quality food.
We saw several rooms and were surprised that the kitchens were in such bad shape in all the units. However, enough functioned (fridge, microwave and coffee maker) and there were all the basic items we needed (plates, cups, etc.) that it worked well for a family.