“The Service was wonderful and the kitchen in room was much used.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
BOOK DIRECT GET 10% OFF
Ranked #4 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Benton, Arkansas
“The Service was wonderful and the kitchen in room was much used.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My bullet points:
1. Great Customer Service.
2. Illy Coffee in bar.
3. Very comfortable sized suites. Cozy living rooms.
4. Look for cheap deals on hotels dot com. I was able to book two nights @ 100 bucks a piece.
5. Again, wonderful customer service.
6. Trader Joes right across the street.
7. Make sure you have a beverage at 51st State just next door.

• Stayed February 2013
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Polkco101,

While we love to show off our property and amenities, it is the feedback about our customer service that we value the most. We appreciate you telling all of our TripAdvisor friends about your positive interactions with our staff and agree that they are fantastic. The Illy coffee in our lobby is very popular at the Avenue Suites and I am so glad you got the chance to enjoy some. Going forward, please book your Avenue Suites reservations with me directly so I can ensure your next stays are as flawless as this one was.

I look forward to working with you in the future,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Avenue Suites is located minutes from Foggy Bottom metro; five minutes' walk from downtown Georgetown and a fifteen minute walk from the White House- great location! It's spacious, comfortable ,clean suites are furnished with L'Occitane bath products and the entire hotel is decorated with well chosen large scale photos of film stars new & old. It's slickly designed, I especially liked the outdoor barbecue pits and bar. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful. Great.

Greetings Caroline M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out such a stellar review about your recent time at the Avenue Suites. I must agree that our new L'Occitane bath products have been a huge hit and we are happy to supply them to our guests complimentary. It is great to hear that you returned to London safely and we are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Avenues surpassed our expectations. It has all the elements of a chic, boutique hotel and at the same time a great set up for our family. Want to give a special thanks to Mitch at the front desk. He has a great personality and helped us with anything we needed!
We'll be back for sure!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AbigailKing,

Your description of the Avenue Suites is exactly what we strive for! A nice mix of upscale chic with the comforts of home is what makes our property so unique. It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family to make it an extra special visit to Washington DC. I have provided my e-mail address below so that you can reach out to me directly for all future Avenue Suites visits.

I look forward to working with you in the future,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This place exceeded my expectations. The decor was very attractive, the whole building was very clean. I price was great. The staff was attentive and helpful and prompt in handling my requests. They greeted me and offered assistance and info about what to do and where to go and how to get there. The view from my room was spectacular. The location was great. I was able to get gourmet snacks for my room across The street at Trader Joes. There are many restaurants and shopping near. The walk from the Foggy Bottom metro station was only a few minutes long. My bed was comfy. My room felt like a home away from home instead of like a hotel. I can't say enough good things about this cute place.

• Stayed February 2013
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Ccamii,

Thank you for sharing both comments and pictures about your time with us at the Avenue Suites. Most of our guests do enjoy the fact that we are right across from Trader Joe's and have full kitchens to cook your meals in rather than eating out every meal. I agree that our housekeeping staff does a phenomenal job and our property is incredibly clean.

We are already looking forward to your return visit with us.

Islamabad, Islamabad, Pakistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Management is good, just because of the good workers. I like the attitude of every body who is managing and giving the services to the customers.

Main desk peoples are very good. They treat me as a valuable customer. Everyday i saw their smily face when i start talking.
Room is good and well cleaned.
Location is also in approachable for everyone.

i like the provided internet speed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Public Relations Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello Haroon M,

It is great to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has reached Pakistan. Thank you so much for your very positive comments about your recent visit and we are looking forward to your next one. Please reach out to me at the e-mail address below so I can make sure you have another memorable stay!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Avenue Suites is a wonderful suite hotel, with huge rooms and nice decor. We arrived early and our room was not quite ready. The lobby has a lovely "living room" with a fireplace so we curled up on the couch and warmed ourselves by the fire. They have a nice assortment of books that helped us pass the time, though it was really only 20 minutes or so before our suite was available. The suite consists of a very nice sized bedroom, a comfy living room area and a full kitchen. This was a great "home away from home". The location couldn't be better. The hotel is only a 3 minute walk from Georgetown, and 5 minutes or so from the Foggy Bottom metro. Across the street is a Trader Joe's where we shopped for breakfast foods. If you follow 25th St to your right upon exiting the hotel, you are only a few blocks from George Washington University and also the Kennedy Center. Restaurants are in abundance, from the tasty Thai restaurant next door, to a huge assortment of eateries in Georgetown. One notable choice is Notti Bianche at the George Washington University Inn, just down 25th St. We had a fabulous dinner there with some local friends - the food was a true high end but homey Italian delight - I will return on my next trip to D.C.!
There is a lovely patio with a fie pit and comfortable seating behind the hotel - several people were enjoying the fire, but it was quite cold when we were there so I look forward to using it in more temperate weather - we will definitely stay here again! . Though we did not try it, they offer breakfast at a small cafe in the lobby as well as evening drinks, and I believe food. The only compaint that I had which kept me from giving thiis hotel a 5 (I would have given it a 41/2 had it been an option) was that the heating in our room was oppressive! One night it was 84 degrees when the thermostat was set to 65. We ultimately turned off the heat and opened windows (despite temperatures in the 20s) and were able to be comfortable. What bothered me most was that we asked 3 times to have the heat looked at and no one came. In general everyone who worked at the hotel was pleasant and helpful - why this fell through the cracks I do not know, but it made for some discomfort. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, its location and amenities are wonderful - and note they are pet friendly! Keep up the good work Avenue Suites but please take a look at the heating!

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise, ask for a room facing towards the back.
Greetings hanilover,

We value all feedback - both negative and positive, so thank you so much for your very detailed response about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. There is no better term we like than "home away from home" so we appreciate you sharing this with the TripAdvisor world. Please come back when the weather gets a little warmer so you can enjoy our outdoor patio with fire-pits and area warmers.

Thanks again,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My family and I have stayed at Many Hotels and have to say the Avenue Suites were really a cut above in terms of service and size of the suites

Mith the manager was amazing so helpful on every level

Even gave us Umbrellas when we were ill prepared for rain

The rooms are not the fanciest and have some well worn areas especially in the kitchen but almost didn't matter

Beds really comfy pillows awesome sheets soft

Food at small restaurant downstairs was great

Cool outside area with outdoor fireplaces

Would add more trash recepticles to the rooms though

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Angela M,

Thank you for your detailed response about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. It was a pleasure to work with you and to assist you in keeping away from the rain. I agree that the food in our restaurant is fantastic and is a very popular spot here in Washington DC. I have passed your advice on regarding the trash cans and we hope to see you again here at the Avenue Suites.

Thanks again,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!