“One of the Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

Save Saved
You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My family and I have stayed at Many Hotels and have to say the Avenue Suites were really a cut above in terms of service and size of the suites

Mith the manager was amazing so helpful on every level

Even gave us Umbrellas when we were ill prepared for rain

The rooms are not the fanciest and have some well worn areas especially in the kitchen but almost didn't matter

Beds really comfy pillows awesome sheets soft

Food at small restaurant downstairs was great

Cool outside area with outdoor fireplaces

Would add more trash recepticles to the rooms though

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Angela M,

Thank you for your detailed response about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. It was a pleasure to work with you and to assist you in keeping away from the rain. I agree that the food in our restaurant is fantastic and is a very popular spot here in Washington DC. I have passed your advice on regarding the trash cans and we hope to see you again here at the Avenue Suites.

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the Avenue Suites hotel for 2 nights to visit GW University. Everything was perfect about the stay. The suite is huge and so comfortable. We had several friends in the area come visit us while we were in town and it was so nice to hang out in the big living room. The location is amazing. An easy walk to GW, Georgetown and if you want to go anywhere else in DC, the metro is not far. The lobby area is very hip; the Avenue Suites was as nice (if not nicer) than some W Hotels I have stayed at. The staff was incredibly helpful. I needed to print something and was having difficulty and Mitch let me sit in his office for 10 minutes until I could get it printed! No charge, just a "what can we do to help" attitude. The kitchen is a huge bonus. We barely used it, but if I were to come to DC again, I would definitely stay here and stock up on some basics and at least have breakfast in the room. Trader Joes a few blocks away. The most incredible thing about the Avenue Suites was the price. It is easily worth 2 or 3 times what we paid (don't raise the prices though!!). I would highly recommend this hotel. I hope my daughter gets into GW and we can stay her again and again! Oh, almost forgot to mention the firepit outside; it was February and a little cold, but we sat by the firepit and ordered some drinks!

Shari_traveler,

We love getting phenomenal feedback from experienced TripAdvisor reviewers. I loved sharing my office with you and allowing you to use my computer - mi casa es su casa! You are exactly right that the fireplaces in our courtyard are the place to be once the weather starts to warm up a little bit. Best of luck to your daughter and her college search and please let me know the next time you will be in DC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay of 5 nights at Avenue Suites. The suites are huge, with nice furnishings, windows that open, two large flat screen televisions, and a fully-equipped kitchen with stove, dishwasher, full-size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a full array of dishes, cups, glasses and flatware. Wi-fi is free. The bathroom consists of two rooms, one with a large vanity and mirror and the other room with a pedestal sink, commode and bathtub with an enormous showerhead. The soaps and hair products were so nice, I purchased full-size quantities of the same at a nearby shop.

Location is a big plus. The hotel is a short walk (3 blocks) to the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. A Trader Joe's is across from the hotel. A Whole Foods is next to the Metro Station. The hotel is only a couple blocks from M Street in Georgetown, a wonderful walking and shopping area not covered by the Metro system.

The restaurant provided good food at reasonable prices, and there are many other restaurants within easy walking distance. The bar was busy with a festive atmosphere. Breakfast was not included in the room fee. It was unfortunately merely adequate. Again, there are plenty of interesting places to have breakfast nearby.
Everything in the rooms was clean and fresh and kept that way by the cleaning staff. No signs of wear and tear.

The front desk staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. One staff member, Seck, stands out in particular. On several occasions, he gave me great advice on places to see and how best to get there. A more personable and caring individual would be hard to find.

I plan to return to Washington at least twice a year for the foreseeable future. I feel like I've found a perfect home base for future trips. I look forward to enjoying the ideal location, huge well-equipped suites, and friendl, helpful staff at Avenue Suites again.

• Stayed February 2013
Camento,

It was such a pleasure to read your incredibly kind and detailed review of the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. I have to agree that our new showerheads are fantastic and are loved by all of our guests. Your comments about Seck are spot-on and he is incredibly large asset to our property. Please let me know the next time you will be in the city so I can ensure your next stay with us is just as memorable and Seck is here to greet you once again.

Best wishes,
phone: 202-464-5609
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very very nice the rooms are spacious and newly renovated . The bartender anderw is very nice guy he did a great job . Front desk staff went above and beyond . The location is just perfect . I will for sure come back here

• Stayed February 2013
Ibrahim2013,

The best way we can be described as a "home away from home" and we very much appreciate you recognizing that. We have passed your review on to Andrew who was elated to hear that you were so impressed with his stellar customer service. Our front desk staff also works hard to ensure all of our guests have memorable customized service.

email: mturow@modushotelsdc.com
Haddonfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Love the Avenue Suites! The newly renovated Aveune Suites is beautiful. The lobby and bar-restaurant is sleek yet inviting with a fireplace and a great patio area. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the price was very reasonable especially for the great location just a couple blocks from downtown Georgetown shops, bars and restaurants and a few blocks from the White House and monuments. The suite we stayed in was roomy and comfortable with a pull-out sofa in the living room. It was beautifully decorated-very chic..not too feminine or masculine. Pillows were so comfy. I went to visit my daughter who goes to college at GW just around the corner. She came to stay with me and also fell in love with the Avenue Suites. It was an extra bonus to have a full kitchen in the suite as well. We enjoyed our stay so much and didn't want to leave. I will stay at Avenue Suites whenever I visit DC. I highlyrecommend it.

D M,

It is always great to hear when our guests are impressed with our decor and the size of our rooms. It means the world to us that you have recommended us to all of our TripAdvisor friends and are planning to come back and see us again. When you do, please shoot me an e-mail so I can make sure you have another memorable stay with us.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great friendly staff in an attractive hotel with a fabulous location, close to Georgetown, Foggy Bottom Metro, etc. Rooms are pleasant, spacious and the kitchen has everything you need. Pleasant bar/cafe and cozy outdoor porch on first floor. We would do a week end here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Kathy L,

We don't just like dogs...we LOVE dogs! The entire Avenue Suites gets excited about both our 2-legged guests and our 4-legged guests. Your kind comments mean the world to us and we are already looking forward to your next visit with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The front desk personnel (OMG) were over the top incredibly helpful. The room was big spacious and clean. Our room came with a kitchen that people would love to have in NYC- -big, clean, complete.

Great cappacino in the morning and terrific staff. Close to everything- -Georgetown, GWU, Penn Avenue.

Mostly we will return because of Mitch and his crew. We are so picky and that is why we will return.

Room Tip: ask for a big room. If they have it you get it.