“Top choice for D.C.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
BOOK DIRECT GET 10% OFF
Ranked #4 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
Grand Isle, Vermont
“Top choice for D.C.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Avenue Suites combines the best features of a suite hotel and a boutique hotel and is in a great location with an amazing staff.

My room had a kitchen with full fridge, dishwasher and full electric stove/oven in a separate room just off the front door. The main room was very large with nicely appointed desk, couch, dining table and large TV, with plenty of room to spare. Bedroom was also spacious. Bath is off bedroom and has a separate room for toilet and shower and a second sink. Shower has a standard plastic tub/ stall but with a 12”x12” “rainfall” shower head of the sort usually found in boutique hotels. The room overlooks Pennsylvania Avenue, which means some traffic noise so high rooms or back rooms might be best for those bothered by this. Internet access was free (as it should be) and of good quality.

The common spaces have a boutique hotel style with large photos of movie stars a common theme. There’s a small bar on the first floor and the prices are quite moderate for an urban hotel (less than $10 for a glass of wine). The bar serves some food (“small plates”) and breakfast but there is no room service.

The staff are among the most friendly and cheerful I’ve encountered. They personally engage to help out in any way they can. And this may be the most pet friendly hotel I’ve seen. There is a mascot/ resident dog—a cute and very friendly dog who can give those who miss our canine campaigns a little fix of dog affection.

The location is great—between George Washington U/ Washington Circle and Georgetown. There are ~20 restaurants within 4 blocks including small ethnic places , sandwich shops, a Whole Foods food court and some of the more interesting fine dining restaurants in DC. There’s a basement level Trader Joe’s across the street. The George Washington U metro stop is a short two blocks away.

This will be at the top of my list for future trips to DC. I stay in DC 10 or more times a year and this is probably the best place I've stayed in recent years.

Room Tip: Upper floors and back rooms to avoid traffic noise--buses and trucks shifting gears--starting around...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
elm4154,

Tremendous feedback from experienced travelers like yourself reminds us that we are headed towards our goal of perfection. Your great description of the Avenue Suites is very much appreciated by all of us and hope you will come back and see us again soon. It seems as though you travel to Washington DC quite often so please call me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss your next visit.

Thanks again and I look forward to working with you in the future,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. I've stayed in so many "suites" that we're just large hotel rooms with a sofa bed. My suite here was like a small apartment with a real kitchen and bedroom. Manager Mitchell greeted me with a handshake and made sure everything was right. Did I mention I loved this place?

Stayed February 2013
NorCal_Traveler_10,

It feels so great when experienced TripAdvisor guests rave about their time with us at the Avenue Suites. Our rooms are indeed like small apartments in the middle of the city and really offer our guests the chance to relax while they are in Washington DC. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us with all of our other TripAdvisor friends. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best wishes,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My colleague and I stayed there for a conference being held nearby in Georgetown. Right upon arrival, Thierry was there to happily greet us and to make our already hectic travel schedule very easy and smooth. He continued to help us with all details of the trip! The room, the location, the lobby, outdoor lounge and even the work out room were better than expected! Very clean, modern and well cared for. A little oasis right in DC! We barely had to take cabs and walked everywhere, using Trader Joe's across the street as a dining hub to then come back to the hotel for cooking in our kitchen. It all felt like home. Thank you very much, Avenue Suites staff for a wonderful stay! Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Sophiam92,

Thierry has not stopped smiling since he read your fantastic TripAdvisor survey. Thank you so much for recognizing his fabulous service and telling everyone on TripAdvisor about your memorable stay at the Avenue Suites. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below so I can organize your next vacation with us.

Shadyside, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the Avenue Suites. We were very happy with the stay. Our rooms were the 2 queen beds suite. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. It was all the comforts of home. The view from our room was fabulous. We loved the coffee maker in the room it was a Kureg. Mitch and the staff was very warm and friendly and welcoming. Will definitely consider staying here again. It was very quiet. The price was great for the time that we stayed. Irene And Dale

Room Tip: We were on 10th floor and in the corner. Great room it had a terrific view and was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Irene L,

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous Avenue Suites experience with all of our TripAdvisor friends. I have to agree that having the Keurig coffee makers in all of our rooms is a huge convenience for all of our guests .We are excited that you have already booked your return visit with us at the Avenue Suites and will work hard to ensure it goes as flawlessly as your first one.

I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks,
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the Avenue Suites during the 2013 Presidental Inaguration which was an extremely busy time for all hotels in and around DC. However, you would not have realized it because the staff at Ave Suites made us feel that we were the only guests they had or that mattered! We loved our stay so much that we extended it an additional night and if we didn't have business in Virginia Beach, we would have stayed there for our entire East Coast trip. From the moment we arrived until we left, the service could not have been better. Mitch was fabulous!!! He really went out of his way to make sure that we were happy and satisfied during our stay. I must also mention Issam, Mahdi, Karam and Eda, who were all part of the first rate staff at the Ave Suites. I travel a lot, but would be hard pressed to find a better hotel staff anywhere. Thanks for the tea and hand warmers when we came in from sight seeing frozen and thank you for all the suggestions of "things to do" in the area. The hotel is very close to the Foggy Bottom metro center which made it extremely easy to get to all the local attractions. even though we had a well furnished kitchen, my teen sons enjoyed the many tasty eateries in the area, especially BTS. Those burgers & shakes were outstanding! You cannot go wrong staying Ave Suites, we sure didn't. We plan to return this summer for an extended stay. ***Mitch, sorry for the delay in my review, but I had sent my review to Hotels.com on 1/28/2013 and thought I had completed yours. However, I have already recommended you to family and friends in the Northern area and they are making plans to visit your establishment soon. GGrier

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite, ours was large, sunny and we had a view of the White House from the bedroom.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CaliGirl727,

What a pleasure it was to read your phenomenal survey about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. Our staff was so touched to read that their fantastic customer service had such a positive impression on your time in Washington DC. Thank you so much for recomending us to your family and friends as we are trying so spread the word of Avenue Suites to as many people as we can. Please let them know to reach out to me directly so I can ensure they have the same great experience that you did.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night this weekend with my wife and another couple. All four of us found this hotel to be a great place. The room was big and clean, and we enjoyed hanging out at the hotel bar downstairs before going out for the night. Mitch and the rest of the staff made us feel really welcome, and they helped us find a place to go for dinner. Everything in Washington, DC seemed to be very expensive, but this hotel was actually a great value compared to everything else we did on our little trip. I don't get down to DC very often, but if I go back again anytime soon, I will just book a room here again without even checking other places. 5 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mike M,

It was great meeting you and your wife during your trip to the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. As a fellow Pennsylvanian, I love any opportunity to discuss the Pittsburgh Pirates like we did. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of our TripAdvisor friends and reach out to me directly the next time you are planning to join us.

Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently visited Washington DC and stayed at the Avenue Suites. I would highly recommend the hotel from many aspects …. service, ambiance, location and value for money. The rooms are fantastic … extremely spacious, well laid out and very clean. All the staff are very friendly and helpful, especially Front Office Manager Mitchell Turow, who provides exceptional attention to the needs of his guests. The hotel is well located and you have easy commutes to most of the sites in DC. Foggy Bottom metro station and Georgetown are comfortable walks away. I had a wonderful stay and highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Padraig F,

It was so great to meet you and hear about life in Ireland. We are glad to hear that your visit to Washington DC was special and that we were able to contribute to that. Your recommendation means the world to us and we are looking forward to your return visit with us.

Best wishes and thanks again,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!