“guest service agent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Special Offer
Save 10% off Lowest Rate!
Ranked #5 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Lexington, Massachusetts
“guest service agent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Your guest service agent, Karem Alzaro, was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable of the area. I was very pleased with her service. I will definitely hope to return to stay in the Avenue Suites in the future.

Room Tip: I like looking out to the Pennsylvania Ave.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Greetings mabel_amar,

It is so great to hear that you had such a positive experience with our front desk superstar, Karam. I very much agree that she is phenomenal at what she does and has a very bright future in the hotel business ahead of her. I have shared your comments with Karam and she has not stopped smiling since! Please reach out to myself or Karam for all future Avenue Suites visits so we can ensure all of your next stays are flawless.

Thanks again!

e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

From the time I arrived until the time I checked out I felt welcomed!! This was my first time staying here and it will NOT be my last! Great decor, friendly staff and a very LARGE room made my stay more than enjoyable!!

Room Tip: Street facing rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
John T,

It was so nice meeting you in the lobby and hearing your comments about our hotel. Thank you so much for telling all of our TripAdvisor friends about the size of our suites as well as the friendliness of our staff. It is great to hear you plan to return to our hotel in the near future! When you do, please reach out to me at the e-mail address below so I can customize another memorable visit for you.

I look forward to working with you in the future!

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Every single aspect of the hotel was great. Excellent service, personalized attention...everything. The staff is polite, and accomodating and overall awesome. Now I know where to stay when traveling to DC. Definitively worth checking out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Ernesto L,
WOW! It is great to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has reached Mexico. We are very proud of our hotel and services, however news of stellar customer service is what truly makes us celebrate. We are looking forward to your return visit with us so please contact me directly so I can oversee your reservation from start to finish. I look forward to working with you in the future!

DURHAM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Upon arrival to the hotel, we were informed by the front desk manager that our room had been upgraded. My daughter and I were quite happy. Our room was much larger than expected, very clean with (2) flat screen tv's. There was free wifi and a complimentary bottle of water. The front desk staff were also very helpful with recommendations. I would highly recommend this hotel for families, business or overnight stays.

Room Tip: Our room did not face Pennsylvania Avenue and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
gojojo123,

Thank you for telling all of our TripAdvisor friends about your recent experience with us at the Avenue Suites here in beautiful Georgetown. We absolutely love to give out upgrades to guests when available as a nice treat! It is great to hear you enjoyed the complimentary bottles of water in your room as this is a new amenity that we are providing to all guests. I have shared your comments with the entire front desk staff so they know how much you appreciated their customer service. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are in our neck of the woods so I can thank you for your great review!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just discovered this hotel when looking for a place to stay in DC over Thanksgiving weekend. Turned out to be a great find! The accommodations felt brand new, spanking clean and very welcoming. This was a family trip and we were thrilled to find plenty of space for three adults and a baby. (Also pleased that no one gave us attitude for bringing a baby into what looks like a very trendy, hip spot!) The staff could not have been more welcoming and attentive throughout our stay. I would definitely stay here again , and recommend it to others. They even take pets!

Greetings EBF145,

It is great to hear that you and your family had a great Thanksgiving with us at the Avenue Suites. We love to tell people that we cater to all guests, both 2-legged and 4-legged, so thank you for telling the TripAdvisor world that we took great care of your dog! We are all glad to hear that you got home safetly and hope that you will come back next year and spend another memorable Thanksgiving with us.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

From the greeting at the curb, to checkout, our stay was amazing. Atmosphere, customer service, location...this hotel has it all. Our 8 day Thanksgiving week stay celebrating my father's 80th birthday/mini family reunion was perfect. 4 suites, 11 people. I only found this treasure because we wanted an all "suites" hotel and I used that keyword in my hotel search. The website alone sold me which could have turned into a nightmare, had it been anything less than accurate. Everything we needed from transportation to information on tours, the staff was very accommodating. The newly remodeled hotel has an aesthetically pleasing, contemporary design. The bar/restaurant/patio areas are also perfect additions. Our Trader Joe sponsored Thanksgiving meal was made possible by the close proximity of the store, right across the street. I wouldn't hesitate to reserve any future stays in the DC area here at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Greetings Elsa-Marie L,

It was so great meeting you and your family this week here at the Avenue Suites. We are so glad to hear that we were able to make your father's 80th birthday celebration so memorable. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Thanksgiving experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor public. We very much hope you come back next year and make this a holiday tradition! While we were all very sad to see you and your family check out, we are happy everyone got home safetly and we got the chance to meet you all.

Best wishes and we hope to see you again soon,
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at Avenue Suites for one night with our two teenagers and had plenty of room for all, unusual in D.C. hotels. We had a double room (two double beds) ...a separate living room (sofa bed) and kitchen (not sure if all rooms have this kitchen space) Very comfortable, contemporary, boutique type hotel. Just a few minute walk into the heart of Georgetown.

Lmlpbm,

We are all so glad to hear about your enjoyable stay with us at the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. To answer your question, almost all of our rooms do have a full kitchen in the room with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, and stove. Thank you for telling the TripAdvisor world about our close proximity to the heart of the Georgetown section of the city. Please reach out to me directly for all future Avenue Suites visits so I can oversee your stay from start to finish.