“Amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

Save Saved
You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Staycation in DC!
Ranked #5 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Mexico City, Mexico
“Amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Every single aspect of the hotel was great. Excellent service, personalized attention...everything. The staff is polite, and accomodating and overall awesome. Now I know where to stay when traveling to DC. Definitively worth checking out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Ernesto L,
WOW! It is great to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has reached Mexico. We are very proud of our hotel and services, however news of stellar customer service is what truly makes us celebrate. We are looking forward to your return visit with us so please contact me directly so I can oversee your reservation from start to finish. I look forward to working with you in the future!

550 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
DURHAM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Upon arrival to the hotel, we were informed by the front desk manager that our room had been upgraded. My daughter and I were quite happy. Our room was much larger than expected, very clean with (2) flat screen tv's. There was free wifi and a complimentary bottle of water. The front desk staff were also very helpful with recommendations. I would highly recommend this hotel for families, business or overnight stays.

Room Tip: Our room did not face Pennsylvania Avenue and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
gojojo123,

Thank you for telling all of our TripAdvisor friends about your recent experience with us at the Avenue Suites here in beautiful Georgetown. We absolutely love to give out upgrades to guests when available as a nice treat! It is great to hear you enjoyed the complimentary bottles of water in your room as this is a new amenity that we are providing to all guests. I have shared your comments with the entire front desk staff so they know how much you appreciated their customer service. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are in our neck of the woods so I can thank you for your great review!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just discovered this hotel when looking for a place to stay in DC over Thanksgiving weekend. Turned out to be a great find! The accommodations felt brand new, spanking clean and very welcoming. This was a family trip and we were thrilled to find plenty of space for three adults and a baby. (Also pleased that no one gave us attitude for bringing a baby into what looks like a very trendy, hip spot!) The staff could not have been more welcoming and attentive throughout our stay. I would definitely stay here again , and recommend it to others. They even take pets!

Greetings EBF145,

It is great to hear that you and your family had a great Thanksgiving with us at the Avenue Suites. We love to tell people that we cater to all guests, both 2-legged and 4-legged, so thank you for telling the TripAdvisor world that we took great care of your dog! We are all glad to hear that you got home safetly and hope that you will come back next year and spend another memorable Thanksgiving with us.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

From the greeting at the curb, to checkout, our stay was amazing. Atmosphere, customer service, location...this hotel has it all. Our 8 day Thanksgiving week stay celebrating my father's 80th birthday/mini family reunion was perfect. 4 suites, 11 people. I only found this treasure because we wanted an all "suites" hotel and I used that keyword in my hotel search. The website alone sold me which could have turned into a nightmare, had it been anything less than accurate. Everything we needed from transportation to information on tours, the staff was very accommodating. The newly remodeled hotel has an aesthetically pleasing, contemporary design. The bar/restaurant/patio areas are also perfect additions. Our Trader Joe sponsored Thanksgiving meal was made possible by the close proximity of the store, right across the street. I wouldn't hesitate to reserve any future stays in the DC area here at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Greetings Elsa-Marie L,

It was so great meeting you and your family this week here at the Avenue Suites. We are so glad to hear that we were able to make your father's 80th birthday celebration so memorable. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Thanksgiving experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor public. We very much hope you come back next year and make this a holiday tradition! While we were all very sad to see you and your family check out, we are happy everyone got home safetly and we got the chance to meet you all.

Best wishes and we hope to see you again soon,
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at Avenue Suites for one night with our two teenagers and had plenty of room for all, unusual in D.C. hotels. We had a double room (two double beds) ...a separate living room (sofa bed) and kitchen (not sure if all rooms have this kitchen space) Very comfortable, contemporary, boutique type hotel. Just a few minute walk into the heart of Georgetown.

Lmlpbm,

We are all so glad to hear about your enjoyable stay with us at the Avenue Suites here in Washington DC. To answer your question, almost all of our rooms do have a full kitchen in the room with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, and stove. Thank you for telling the TripAdvisor world about our close proximity to the heart of the Georgetown section of the city. Please reach out to me directly for all future Avenue Suites visits so I can oversee your stay from start to finish.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Well! Where to start? We were met on arrival by charming doormen and reception staff. Administration was quick and efficient and we were allotted our apartment (suite) to which we travelled in the lift quickly without delay.

Imagine our delight confronted with a spacious living room, vast bedroom and great kitchen facilities. This does not happen for this price in the UK. We quickly unpacked and were ready to meet up with our son and daughter in law for dinner downtown.

We slept very soundly on the super beds (2xQueens) ready for our next 12 days in and aound DC.

Every time we returned we were so happy with our accommodation. We effectively had 2 bathrooms. Every day the maids had tidied and cleaned very well and we found all staff efficient and happy and willing to share a conversation and a joke. Nothing was too much trouble.

The location is great. We love Georgetown and the shops, and there are several restaurants nearby of good quality. Trader Joe's across the road is very handy for day to day bits such as milk and cereals etc and the odd bottle of wine!

Taxis pass by frequently and the Metro is close at Foggy Bottom.

We had a wonderful 12 days and on the basis that our visits to DC will be annual have no hesitation in saying that we would be booking in again at Avenue Suites.

Room Tip: I would have preferred a front or side view but the back view was not unpleasant and possibly quiete...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Andrew T,

We are elated to hear that you had such a memorable visit here at the Avenue Suites for 12 nights! I agree that our staff is phenomenal and will make sure everyone reads your response so they know how appreciative you are of their hard work and dedication. Please reach out to me at my e-mail address below the next time you are in Washington DC so I can make sure you get one of our front view rooms facing Pennsylvania Avenue.

Thanks again and I look forward to working with you in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have come to think of Avenue Suites, as my 2nd home, when I have to be in DC with work. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Staff and friendly and welcoming, there is such a relaxed and comfortable vibe, as soon as you step inside. Great location, close to supermarket, and some good restaurants, although the small plates are great for a post work snack,at A Bar, if you are too lazy to cook. I was there during the hurricane and it withstood the fierce winds! I will be back. Thanks to Mitch and the team for taking great care of me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Kelly W,

There is no phrase we like hearing more than "my second home!" Thank you so much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor public and becoming one of our Avenue Suites regulars. While I love our reservations staff, please continue to go through me directly for all future visits so I can ensure all stays are flawless. I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff so they know how appreciaitive you are of their efforts.

I look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.

Mitchell Turow

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!