“Nice staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

Save Saved
You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Staycation in DC
Ranked #5 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
northern michigan, USA
“Nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Avenue Suites during hurricane Sandy. It was a very nice experience. My son was able to work remotely from the room, Trader Joe's was right across the road for supplies. Most of all, the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable, even the foldout couch. The location is excellent - very close to the metro and close to downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
marzmom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor response about your stay with us during Hurricane Sandy. We are so happy to hear that you and your family got home safetly and that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. As I have said in so many reviews - we love hearing positive feedback about our hotel and location, however it is the remarks about the staff that truly make us celebrate the most. We put constant efforts into recruiting the best staff members in the city and hearing about your experiences with them reminds us the reason that we do so. I have put my e-mail address below so that you can reach out to me directly the next time you are planning to visit the area so I can meet you in person and thank you for taking the time to fill out a wonderful review.

Best wishes,

553 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
boston ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at Avenue Suites for the weekend of the US Marine Corps marathon....and the weekend before Hurricane Sandy! First, the positives. The staff at the front desk couldn't have been any nicer.....everyone was extremely pleasant. The hotel is in a great location....a short walk one way into Georgetown and a short walk the other way to the Metro. The lobby and outside sitting area are gorgeous.....our room (#701) was very nice also...nothing too fancy but very nice.... The downside - the kitchen was very small, kind of run down and had VERY limited supplies....our dishwasher leaked when we ran it but we called before we headed out and it was fixed by the time we returned. The other bothersome thing was the noise....we could hear music (people next to us perhaps?) and we could also hear a lot of noise from the street. Luckily I travel with a fan to provide some white background noise so it wasn't a problem for us sleeping but I imagine it could be for others. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others.....great value....but be prepared for the possibility of some noise from the outside.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front of the building (701) and we could hear a lot of noise from outside....but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Greetings beachfamilyBostonMa,

I am glad to hear you got home safetly and weren't too effected by Hurricane Sandy. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Avenue Suites and had positive interactions with our staff. We pride ourselves on an award-winning group of employees that are here to ensure our guests are in good hands. I do apologize for some of the issues you had with regards to our in-room kitchens. Although we just went under a massive renovation which included our hotel exterior, lobby, restaurant, and guestrooms; our kitchens have essentially stayed the same. One of the goals for 2013 is to begin working on the kitchens to make them up to par with the rest of the Avenue Suites. I would like the oppurtunity to discuss the negative points in more details so please reach out to me at the contact information below at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The service was lovely and the rooms were beautiful. lots of space. Great for couples And family's alike, for long or short stays. Would definitely recommend it. Outdoor area was really nice and bar was swanky. Bit of a walk to the sites but easy to find!

• Stayed October 2012
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
tlm086,

I can confidently say that your review put a smile on all of our faces by saying that we cater well to both families and couples. Our main goal was to do exactly that so thank you very much for reminding us that we are headed towards our main goal. I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable visit to the A Bar + Kitchen which is an incredible experience for both dining and drinking. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below so I may get the chance to thank you in person.

I look forward to seeing you soon,
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay and experience the excitement of Washington DC. The Avenue Suites staff did everything to make our stay a delightful experience. The friendliness and professionalism of the staff were apparent at every level of service. The location was ideal for our visit and we were extremely comfortable and well-cared for. I plan on revisit the city often and will rely on the Avenue Suites as my home away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings Susan J,

Nothing is sweeter to our ears than the phrase "home away from home!" We are so appreciative of you taking the time to inform other TripAdvisor members about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. Our biggest goal is to give people the feeling of a second home and your words reminded us that we are headed in the right direction. Please allow me to be your personal contact for all future stays with us at the Avenue Suites. I have provided my e-mail address below so you can reach out to me directly.

Thanks again and best wishes,
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

A friend of mine had recommended the Avenue Suites and I thought I would give it a try. It had all the things I was looking for by location and description- close to a blue line Metro stop so I could take the train in from DCA, close to Rock Creek for running, and walking distance to good restaurants and bars. First off, A Bar in the lobby has great cocktails- so no need to wander far when the afternoon cocktail calls. Big comfy couches outside on the patio made for a great end of day when walking around the City. Also a great place to meet for business and friends as the cocktails are great, the food is great for sharing and District Commons and other Georgetown restaurants are close by. In fact, Brennan at the bar made us a reservation at District Commons while we were enjoying our drinks at A Bar.
The suites are nicely appointed- nothing fancy or silly (i mean, do I really need a phone next to the toilet to feel like I am in a good hotel?) just a solid two bedroom suite with a couch and TV in one room and a comfy bed in the other. Good shades for darkening the room (a must in my book) and a nice rainfall showerhead in the bath.
They have breakfast downstairs in the morning, and had the oatmeal with sides on Day #1. Wanted to focus on work the next morning, so was able to pop across the street to Trader Joe's and get some breakfast food and eat at the dining table in my suite while working on my laptop. For a guy that's on the road three weeks a month, being able to enjoy a bowl of cereal out of a box with a carton of milk in my room is an amazing luxury.
Other stuff? Taxi stand close by made it easy to get around to farther flung places and it was just the right distance for walking down to the Federal Triangle for meetings without being too far (~0.9miles). Overall my experience at the Avenue Suites was excellent and I am so excited to have finally found my "destination hotel" for business travel to Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Rooms off of Pennsylvania Ave are probably quieter, as well as upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Greetings Brian E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. It is an honor to get high praise from a traveler who is on the road three weeks out of a month - that is quite a compliment! We are constantly working on new ideas for ways to improve our guest experience as a whole and feedback like yours remind us that we are going in the right direction. Please keep my contact information below so that I can meet you the next time you visit the Avenue Suites and thank you in person.

Best wishes and thanks again,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We brought our 4 children to DC while my husband had a conference at GWU. This was one of the conference hotels, and I chose it because of the full kitchen/suite style. From the website photos, the hotel looked quite trendy. In all honesty, I was apprehensive about being there with 4 kids. BUT, the room was very roomy and comfortable, the patio was very cool, and the hotel was in a great location and neighborhood (Trader Joes across street, metro line, CVS, close by) What blew us away was the staff. From tip to tail, everyone we encountered gave us 5 star service, above and beyond. They were amazing. Coming from first hand, service industry experience, I am very critical and often very demanding. It's not often that I'm as impressed as I was with our experience. When we come back to DC, we will be staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
SixVans_149,

You hit that nail on the head with your description of the Avenue Suites as both a trendy hotel as well as a family-friendly destination. Feedback from someone in the service industry is an enormous compliment which we greatly appreciate. We pride ourselves on recruiting the top hospitality professionals in Washington DC to work with us at our property and am thrilled to see that you noticed their hard work. Please reach out to me directly for all future visits so I can get the chance to meet you and thank you in person.

Best wishes and thank you,

Ojai, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Overall this hotel was disappointing. But the good parts first:

** Nice staff at the front desk. Especially a middle-aged gentleman, perhaps Herb?, in the evenings. Gave us some good restaurants and was helpful and amicable.
** Good beds. I liked our King bed and foam King pillows.
** Good location, no doubt.
** Kitchen in suite. This could be helpful to some; we didn't use it.

Not "greatness":

** Housekeeping had 5.5 hours to do our room first day and never got to it. That was disappointing for a 4+ star hotel. Frankly, they didn't do that great a job when they did get to it.
** Restaurant (or lack thereof...). I know they had a resto/bar thing, but it didn't really emphasize food. Very good pours in the bar, though.
** Room and hotel lacked that "zing." I don't know how to explain it, exactly, but it seemed to miss something. Something that would have made it special. And, the front entrance is a little weird.

So, I am not sure about this hotel. Probably wouldn't return because I like my upper-scale hotels to have something *special* about them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Good afternoon Travelinfuel_3,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor entry about your recent stay at the Avenue Suites. While I am happy to hear about you positive interaction with Herb, our comfortable beds, and location; I would like the oppurtunity to discuss the negative points further. Feedback like yours is essential for our growth and we are working incredibly hard to perfect that "zing" that you talked about. I have provided my phone number and e-mail address below so that we can have the chance to talk further and ensure all future visits with us are flawless.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best wishes,
phone: 202-464-5609

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!