“Exceptional hospitality and services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

Save Saved
You added Avenue Suites Georgetown to your Saves list
Avenue Suites Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly Washington Suites Georgetown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Exceptional hospitality and services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay and experience the excitement of Washington DC. The Avenue Suites staff did everything to make our stay a delightful experience. The friendliness and professionalism of the staff were apparent at every level of service. The location was ideal for our visit and we were extremely comfortable and well-cared for. I plan on revisit the city often and will rely on the Avenue Suites as my home away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Greetings Susan J,

Nothing is sweeter to our ears than the phrase "home away from home!" We are so appreciative of you taking the time to inform other TripAdvisor members about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. Our biggest goal is to give people the feeling of a second home and your words reminded us that we are headed in the right direction. Please allow me to be your personal contact for all future stays with us at the Avenue Suites. I have provided my e-mail address below so you can reach out to me directly.

Thanks again and best wishes,
e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

A friend of mine had recommended the Avenue Suites and I thought I would give it a try. It had all the things I was looking for by location and description- close to a blue line Metro stop so I could take the train in from DCA, close to Rock Creek for running, and walking distance to good restaurants and bars. First off, A Bar in the lobby has great cocktails- so no need to wander far when the afternoon cocktail calls. Big comfy couches outside on the patio made for a great end of day when walking around the City. Also a great place to meet for business and friends as the cocktails are great, the food is great for sharing and District Commons and other Georgetown restaurants are close by. In fact, Brennan at the bar made us a reservation at District Commons while we were enjoying our drinks at A Bar.
The suites are nicely appointed- nothing fancy or silly (i mean, do I really need a phone next to the toilet to feel like I am in a good hotel?) just a solid two bedroom suite with a couch and TV in one room and a comfy bed in the other. Good shades for darkening the room (a must in my book) and a nice rainfall showerhead in the bath.
They have breakfast downstairs in the morning, and had the oatmeal with sides on Day #1. Wanted to focus on work the next morning, so was able to pop across the street to Trader Joe's and get some breakfast food and eat at the dining table in my suite while working on my laptop. For a guy that's on the road three weeks a month, being able to enjoy a bowl of cereal out of a box with a carton of milk in my room is an amazing luxury.
Other stuff? Taxi stand close by made it easy to get around to farther flung places and it was just the right distance for walking down to the Federal Triangle for meetings without being too far (~0.9miles). Overall my experience at the Avenue Suites was excellent and I am so excited to have finally found my "destination hotel" for business travel to Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Rooms off of Pennsylvania Ave are probably quieter, as well as upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Greetings Brian E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. It is an honor to get high praise from a traveler who is on the road three weeks out of a month - that is quite a compliment! We are constantly working on new ideas for ways to improve our guest experience as a whole and feedback like yours remind us that we are going in the right direction. Please keep my contact information below so that I can meet you the next time you visit the Avenue Suites and thank you in person.

Best wishes and thanks again,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We brought our 4 children to DC while my husband had a conference at GWU. This was one of the conference hotels, and I chose it because of the full kitchen/suite style. From the website photos, the hotel looked quite trendy. In all honesty, I was apprehensive about being there with 4 kids. BUT, the room was very roomy and comfortable, the patio was very cool, and the hotel was in a great location and neighborhood (Trader Joes across street, metro line, CVS, close by) What blew us away was the staff. From tip to tail, everyone we encountered gave us 5 star service, above and beyond. They were amazing. Coming from first hand, service industry experience, I am very critical and often very demanding. It's not often that I'm as impressed as I was with our experience. When we come back to DC, we will be staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
SixVans_149,

You hit that nail on the head with your description of the Avenue Suites as both a trendy hotel as well as a family-friendly destination. Feedback from someone in the service industry is an enormous compliment which we greatly appreciate. We pride ourselves on recruiting the top hospitality professionals in Washington DC to work with us at our property and am thrilled to see that you noticed their hard work. Please reach out to me directly for all future visits so I can get the chance to meet you and thank you in person.

Best wishes and thank you,

Ojai, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Overall this hotel was disappointing. But the good parts first:

** Nice staff at the front desk. Especially a middle-aged gentleman, perhaps Herb?, in the evenings. Gave us some good restaurants and was helpful and amicable.
** Good beds. I liked our King bed and foam King pillows.
** Good location, no doubt.
** Kitchen in suite. This could be helpful to some; we didn't use it.

Not "greatness":

** Housekeeping had 5.5 hours to do our room first day and never got to it. That was disappointing for a 4+ star hotel. Frankly, they didn't do that great a job when they did get to it.
** Restaurant (or lack thereof...). I know they had a resto/bar thing, but it didn't really emphasize food. Very good pours in the bar, though.
** Room and hotel lacked that "zing." I don't know how to explain it, exactly, but it seemed to miss something. Something that would have made it special. And, the front entrance is a little weird.

So, I am not sure about this hotel. Probably wouldn't return because I like my upper-scale hotels to have something *special* about them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Good afternoon Travelinfuel_3,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor entry about your recent stay at the Avenue Suites. While I am happy to hear about you positive interaction with Herb, our comfortable beds, and location; I would like the oppurtunity to discuss the negative points further. Feedback like yours is essential for our growth and we are working incredibly hard to perfect that "zing" that you talked about. I have provided my phone number and e-mail address below so that we can have the chance to talk further and ensure all future visits with us are flawless.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

phone: 202-464-5609
Roseville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a wonderful four-day stay at the Avenue Suites. Our suite was very roomy, clean and comfortable for three adults. The location near the subway stop and George Washington University, in a beatiful, vibrant Georgetown neighborhood was terrific. We were within an easy walk of many restaurants. And the service from all the staff was impeccable. The price was very reasonable for the size of the room and the amenities. (Don't tell them!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear johnlkirwin,

Thank you so much for your positive review about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. We love to show off our nice, affordable rates here in Washington DC! Your feedback was appreciated by our entire staff and hope to see you again soon in our Nation's Capital. Please reach out to me directly for all future visits so I can ensure you have another stellar visit with us!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Due to our schedules my wife and I were unable to take the traditional honeymoon the night of wedding. We're from Maryland and we love to take little trips to DC so we decided to head down to our Nation's capitol for a one night getaway. We were steered to the Avenue Suites by a dear friend. From check in to check out things couldn't have been more perfect. The staff is warm and eager and the decor is crisp and sexy. We had a wonderful stay. We want to thank the staff for making the most special of nights one to cherish.

Room Tip: The hotel offers great views, the higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Jason K,

We would like to congratulate you and your wife on your recent marriage and thank you for spending your very special honeymoon with us. Our staff works hard to make sure everybody that visits with us has a memorable visit and I am so happy to hear that your honeymoon was no exception. Please contact me directly for all future visits so we can make your yearly anniversary a tradition with us at the Avenue Suites. I have provided my e-mail address below so that we can work together in the future to ensure all future Avenue Suites vitis are as stellar as your first one.

Congratulations again!

Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just got back from DC and a stay here. This hotel has a cool and minimalist feel. Great staff and customer service by everyone from the maid, the bellman to to front desk staff. We took our dog and my husband dealt w/ her while I was in meetings. The dog was welcomed by all and we were able to stay in a first floor room. It was not a suite but was well appointed, convienent and freshly rennovated.Great restaurants nearby and good dog walking city neighborhood surrounds the hotel. Stayed 2 nights and will be back for a touristy visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Greetings Karen W,

I am elated to hear that we were able to provide an enjoyable stay for you and your four-legged family member! As I always say, we love to hear great feedback about our property and location but it is the comments about our staff that really causes us to have a celebration! We pride ourselves on positive interactions with all members of our team, not just with the front desk employees, but all of us. I have provided my e-mail address below so that I may assist you with all future Avenue Suites visits.

Talk to you soon,

e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Been to Avenue Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!