We visited Washington DC from Ottawa Canada from the 15th to the 19th of April. We took a highway that took us nearly straight south to Washington which is about an 11 hour drive. The hotel was easy to find as it is located on a major NE intersection. I parked the car and never used it again before our stay was over. (When we checked in, I do seem to remember being told that parking would not be charged but it was.) The hotel has a free shuttle bus service leaving for downtown in the morning and bringing guests back to the hotel in the evening which we used every day. The drivers are polite and mostly on time. We especially liked Lamar, he knows the area very well and will share his knowledge with you. It is a 20 minute drive to Union station, which is the city's train station. From there you can use the Big Bus Tour to visit the city. We paid for a two day tour and I think we got our money's worth (about $100 each). The tour offers three circuits and it would be difficult to cram them all in one day's schedule. We also used the metro, but I found the ticketing machines very user-UNfriendly. As I said above, the hotel is located on a busy intersection but the rooms are soundproof. We stayed in room 100, right down the end of the hall on the first floor. Our only issue is the sound of a door next to ours that slammed from time to time. The staff was polite and very efficient. I LOVED the free lemonade on the right side of the entrance. They even had cookies from time to time. The hotel is located in an industrial area of town and there are only fast food joints nearby but I would recommend take-out orders. I had some pad-thai and one order was good enough for two meals. Safety should not be a problem because there is a police station one block away on Bladensburg uphill from the hotel. There is also a convenience store at the Exxon station in front of the hotel. If I come back to Washington, I dont see why I should stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Northeast Washington is near many top attractions. Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)is less than 10 miles away, Union Station and NoMa/Gallaudet Metro are within 2 miles, giving travelers easy access to our hotel. Our complimentary shuttle will take you at pre-set times to Union Station, from there you can see all the major attractions, museums and get to your meeting quickly too. Visitors can immerse themselves in history while visiting the 19 museums of the Smithsonian Institute or popular, downtown Washington, DC memorials. The close proximity of our Washington, DC hotel to the US Capitol, local businesses and government offices makes the commute easy for business travelers. You'll find the Washington Times, the FBI and both Georgetown and George Washington universities within just five miles of our hotel in Washington. In addition, our 900 square feet of meeting space and a 24-hour business center can help you host a conference during your stay. Our hotel rooms overlooking DC offer entertainment for the whole family with free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access in every room. Unwind anytime in the 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool or whirlpool. For a complimentary hot breakfast and a convenient stay, choose this Washington, DC hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Low Cost Holidays, HRS, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Washington Dc-Northeast
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn