This hotel had many positives - it was very clean, modern and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, the location is not great for tourists wanting to see DC. During the low season, the hotel only offers a shuttle to and from town once a day so your only option to get into town otherwise is via a taxi. And be prepared to wait for one! We rang 45 mins ahead one day and ordered a taxi then ended up waiting over an hour and a half for it to arrive. You will spend about $20 each way which adds up over a couple of days. There is nothing to really see or do in the area so you need to find transport. In addition, there are no restaurants within walking distance (unless you want to eat KFC/donut king every night). We had to order delivery each night as a result or stay late in town and eat there. Breakfast was also really poor with sloppy eggs and a couple of slices of bread. Overall, we would not recommend and would not stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Washington Dc-Northeast
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our Northeast Washington, DC Hotel Near the Capitol Building The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Northeast Washington is near many hot spots for DC visitors. Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) is less than 10 miles away, Union Station and New York Ave Metro are within 2 miles, giving travelers easy access to our hotel. Travelers can immerse themselves in history while visiting the 19 museums of the Smithsonian Institute or popular, downtown Washington, DC memorials. You can escape to the beautiful outdoors when you visit the National Arboretum just beyond your DC hotel room. The close proximity of our Washington, DC hotel to local businesses and government offices makes the commute easy for business travelers. You'll find the Washington Times, the FBI and both Georgetown and George Washington universities within just five miles of our hotel in Washington. In addition, our 900 square feet of meeting space and a 24-hour business center can help you host a conference during your stay. Our hotel rooms overlooking DC offer entertainment for the whole family with free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access in every room. Unwind anytime in the 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool or whirlpool. For a complimentary hot breakfast and a convenient stay, choose this Washington, DC hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.