I stayed at this facility for 3 nights while attending a conference at the US National Arboretum. This is a relatively new facility and it's still shining. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My room had a king bed and couch with foldaway. The furniture was all in good shape. Bed wonderfully comfortable. Small fridge, which was a bit noisy actually, but not disturbing. Two HDTV's, the reception not the best on several channels, but I only use as a sleeping aid anyway. Continental breakfast was included and was generous enough for "continental". The US National Arboretum is just a stone's throw away, an easy and safe 10 minute walk, if you want to walk. I wouldn't say there was mulch else in the immediate vicinity that I found attractive--hence the title urban semi-desert. But, being that the Inn is located at the corner of New York Ave and Bladensburg, many DC areas of interest are not very far away. And, judging from the construction within sight of the front door, it probably won't be long before there are new "go to" shopping, dining and other social areas very near. The weekday price was only average; a better rate is available, as for most of DC, on weekends. Fifteen bucks was charged per day to park, even out here in the hinterlands. Guess their property taxes are high. Still, bottom line for me, the facility and staff were both very nice, and that goes a long way toward making one's experience pleasant. If you need accommodations in this general section of DC this is a good place to rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our Northeast Washington, DC Hotel Near the Capitol Building The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Northeast Washington is near many hot spots for DC visitors. Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) is less than 10 miles away, Union Station and New York Ave Metro are within 2 miles, giving travelers easy access to our hotel. Travelers can immerse themselves in history while visiting the 19 museums of the Smithsonian Institute or popular, downtown Washington, DC memorials. You can escape to the beautiful outdoors when you visit the National Arboretum just beyond your DC hotel room. The close proximity of our Washington, DC hotel to local businesses and government offices makes the commute easy for business travelers. You'll find the Washington Times, the FBI and both Georgetown and George Washington universities within just five miles of our hotel in Washington. In addition, our 900 square feet of meeting space and a 24-hour business center can help you host a conference during your stay. Our hotel rooms overlooking DC offer entertainment for the whole family with free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access in every room. Unwind anytime in the 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool or whirlpool. For a complimentary hot breakfast and a convenient stay, choose this Washington, DC hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Washington Dc-Northeast
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn