“Friendly staff and great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1917 Bladensburg Road NE, Washington DC, DC 20002   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #94 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Richmond, Virginia
“Friendly staff and great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Was so nicely greeted when arriving early because we travelled by train to DC. The shuttle picked us up from Union Station and took us to the hotel. They allowed us to check in several hours early. Breakfast included was a great added bonus. We loved the shuttle service as we were able to visit all over the city without traveling by car. We were able to easily navigate Washington DC by metro. And the hotel staff was so helpful in the smallest things like where to choose to order take out food from, and the recommendation was great. Room was clean and pool was wonderful. Would stay here again for sure and recommend to all my friends who are interested in a trip to DC.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Mary - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC. We are very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and you had a wonderful time while staying with us. Our staff is great at letting our guests know where all the hidden gems are in DC and things to do and see while visiting the area. Metro is a economical way to get around town and glad you were able to take advantage of that. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future and appreciate the recommendation to your friends.

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Iasi, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I traveled in America for the first time and first time in Washington DC. So I choosed that hotel without any recommendations, only searching on net and finding there informations. I think I chose good for my needs, and I am grateful to Mr. Dan Zoberbier and the other personnel who helped me to have a very pleasant accomodation in that hotel. I liked very much the room which I had, for the large space and cleanliness because those two are very important for me. Also I had the help for other problems because I travelled first time in that city and need informations about different places which I wanted to visit. The hotel have the advantage to have shuttle to Union Station that was a great for me. I visited a lot and coming back to hotel in the evening with that shuttle was a comfort for me. About breakfast I cant say too much because I come from Europe and it is differences between an European breakfast and American one. No offense! Staying one week here I felt comfortable and I think I did not make a mistake choosing that hotel. I recommend that hotel with great pleasure. I am sorry that I write this review so late, to thanks for those who helped me making my travel in Washington pleasant choosing that hotel. I was there in September 2010, and if ever I have the opportunity to come back I shall choose that hotel again. So thank you so much Mr. Zoberbier!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Sarah G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Safir; Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are very pleased to hear that your trip to America was so pleasent and that we made your stay memorable and enjoyable. We know that there are many hotels to chose from within Washington DC and appreciate you selecting the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites site unseen! Dan is actually the General Manager at our sister hotel directly next door now but we will certainly let him know the nice things you said about him and our staff at the time. Even if it was a bit "delayed", we thank you again for the review and welcome the opportunity to be your choice hotel again on your next trip to the states. Hope to see you again soon.
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I Stayed at Holiday Inn Express Bladensburg a couple months ago and overall its not bad. I was comfortable. One problem I guess I can say is I assuming they offered smoking rooms but were they on the same floor? being that I use to smoke I try not to smell it but i can bare it. It just seemed that when you got off the elevator you could smell strongly down the other half of hallway. Staff was friendly and helpful. Monique and another gentleman can't remember his name were great and very professional and those guys were extremely busy. I believe they were affiliated with a hotel behind them so phones were ringing non-stop but they still went over the top when Im sure it was overwhelming. Breakfast wasn't that great at all so i stuck to juice. Free shuttle to Union Station actually was great when i left wish i knew that before arriving, could have avoided a cab ride which are not the greatest thing in DC. If I ever needed to stay again I would just not my first pick.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sarah G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear D M; I would like to personally thank you for taking time to let us know what you enjoyed and did not enjoy during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Washington DC. We do have a strict 100% no smoking policy in the guestrooms and the entire hotel. Unfortunately we cannot monitor every room we would hope that other guests would be courteous to that policy and use the designated smoking area outside and apologize that you had that negative experience. We do take all feed back to heart and this will help us to continue to focus on improving. We do hope that you will return again. Please do not hesitate to call us directly if you have any questions about future stays.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I just came back from a 1 weekend stay and I must say I haven't seen service this good in a while. The persons on site are darlings all of them. Breakfast is abundant for a fast starter and took me by surprise. Forget the continental style this has all the works. Shuttle from 9 to 12 and 18 to 23, on the hour. Gym needs work, some equipment needs repair, pool and Spa are fine. I'd recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ricardo; On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We will certainly do our best to make the necessary repairs to the fitness equipment and greatly appreciate you letting us know that a few pieces were in need of attention. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your entire stay and appreciate the feedback you offered. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great location.....rooms are spacious and extremely clean and comfortable. The front desk staff, especially Schlema Gipson was VERY helpful, even suggesting great places to go for dinner. The shuttle to downtown DC worked well. The indoor pool is a plus and the breakfast is a typical good HI Express breakfast.

Room Tip: I had a Queen suite on the 4th floor which was great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sarah G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear say24hey; On behalf of the entire team at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, we would like to thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience while staying with us and we were very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our employees are our guests first impressions and we appreciate the compliment about Schlema and will certainly let her know you were singing her praises. We look forward to having you return for a future stay.
Stoughton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Room was okay and staff was very friendly. Breakfast food was terrible. Worst was the $15 + tax for parking. It was a regular hotel parking lot and not in a great area, so this is clearly just a way to make the hotel get listed closer to the top of searches for those concerned about price. I can deal with minor hotel issues, but I can't deal with being misled and over-charged!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Laurie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Mike,
Thank you for your review and Thank you for staying here at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC recently. I am truely sorrry that you did not enjoy the breakfast and were not "wowed" with us nor the location during your stay. It is disapoiting to me that we somehow let a guest down and did not provide a great guest experience as my goal is such and we strive to provide service beyond expecations along with a great product and location. Please do contact me if I can learn more details from you and assist you I would greatly appreciate that. Thank you, Laurie Donovan, General Manager
Nassau, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The place seems new, the area is a bit busy and a car is a plus in the area. There is a fee for parking per day, around $15. The rooms were nice and if you do get an upgrade the suites are large with a couch and two tv's flat screen. The pool was freezing cold and the hot tub looked ok, we didn't use these, we were told by a maintenance man that we could use the facilities next door I believe it was the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. The pool was small but really warm and the hot tub was almost unbearably HOT which was fine with us, and the area was never crowded. The breakfast was good and varied and complimentary. They even kept it going after stated hours due to the high volume of guests. We forgot a good pillow of ours on the bed and called about it and the AMAZING front desk lady I believe her name was Tiara was AWESOME, we had it the next afternoon via UPS which was fantastic and my husband is once again reunited and snoring on it as review,is being written.
The whole experience was really wonderful all except the little glitch of head housekeeping who showed up with a clipboard knocking on our door at intervals after 11:45 asking if we were leaving, although we had late checkout at 2 so we felt forced to leave early. This happened to our friends in another room also. Understandably the cleaning woman with her must've wanted to be done and go home, but.....meanwhile management had no issues with us staying and never rushed us.
KFC was across the street which was busy but negotiable. There is a gas station with emergency snacks etc in parking lot a short walk away. BTW the hotel lobby has some light fare such as ice cream and frozen dinners and beer for a price $$$ . Don't look for beer at gas stations in DC and late Sunday. All in all nice experience and good people.

Room Tip: Become a priority club member and get a complimentary upgrade to a suite if available.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our team takes great pride in our hotels and both the Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn are 4 years young (opened in 2008). We will ask maintenance to please look into the pool temperature and have that fixed as quickly as possible, its great that you were able to enjoy the amenites at both properties. Our apologies that the housekeeping staff came to your door early, even though you requested a late check out., we did not mean to make you feel rushed. We appreciate the compliments about our hotel and the staff and will pass them along to the staff members mentioned. Please come back and see us again next time your travels bring you to DC.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast? Share your experiences!